JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So who is organizing this? We need another event that is planned at least a month in advance so a real turnout can organize. None of this "two days before" sort of planning.

So who is organizing this? We need another event that is planned at least a month in advance so a real turnout can organize. None of this "two days before" sort of planning.

"2nd Enforcers": I got it through Clark Rifles' shooting club.
And I agree entirely, that it's best to be able to plan these things months out.
It's also true that the other side seems to be able to put together effective demonstrations at a moment's notice: We need to be able to react faster than them, in order to defeat their agenda!
(Principle of combat: Get inside your enemy's decision cycle, in order to anticipate and apply your power before he can apply his!)

The location: All the others were held on the large green near the fountain, east of the capitol building. Note that parking is at a premium - getting there earlier means not having to walk so far.

Dealing, demonstrating in Olymia as McGinn exploits shooting

As an intense lobbying effort is reportedly underway in Olympia to push a background check measure, gun owners were expected to gather on the Capitol campus Saturday morning to oppose additional gun controls.

<broken link removed>

The "news" reported that 200 showed up when 2,000 were expected. True or not?

Deen
NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member & Recruiter
Washington Arms Collectors Member
SouthWest Washington Arms Collectors Member
Second Amendment Foundation Member

Hey Deen,
I went up there with several guys from Clark Rifles: We knew that the sponsors were a new group ("2nd Enforcers"), and the word had only been passed two days before. We guess-timated between 200-300 that we saw. I had gone up for two previous events: One in January, on one several years ago. Both of those were sponsored by SAF and other more established groups. Each of those had several thousand attendees, state legislators, the press, and a few other notables showing up.
So the "spin" is that "only" 200 showed up - with two days' notice. This against 20-40 anti-gunners who show up for THEIR events. Note that one of the groups who showed up last weekend was the state-chapter of a new national organization: "1 million moms against gun control."

Take care,
Mike

Mike I might have seen ya there, I was the old fart seated in the front with a small sign saying "Registration leads to Confiscation". I aplaude the efforts of the 2 new sponsor groups and I thought it was a damn good turnout for 2 days notice!!! I was at the last one where there were thousands & had been fired up at the turnout enought to get bloody fingers e-mailing Reps.
Jim Sr.

Jim, I vaguely remember your sign - there were so many.
We didn't bring any signs: I was the bald guy with the Clark Rifles ball cap.
I've emailed reps also: Cantwell responded with "I'll vote my conscionce." I got a robo-response from Murray, since I'm not a big Seattle Dem donor to her campaigns, she figures that she can ignore us little people.

I didn't attend, but I did hear from a friend that did that the speakers were open mic and some of it was questionable conspiracy material. The Seattle Times picked up on that and the small turnout.

Does this 2nd Enforcers have a website? Is this the young guy who claims to be a 'non profit militia'?

We left just after they opened the mic, so I can't speak to the "questionable conspiracy material." The first person to speak on open mic was a woman who expressed outrage that legislators would expect her to "pee and vomit on demand, instead of being armed."
2nd Enforcers does have a website. I haven't searched for it. Yes, the "non-profit militia" guy.

We left just after they opened the mic, so I can't speak to the "questionable conspiracy material." The first person to speak on open mic was a woman who expressed outrage that legislators would expect her to "pee and vomit on demand, instead of being armed."
2nd Enforcers does have a website. I haven't searched for it. Yes, the "non-profit militia" guy.

I think the lady was referring to the "you don't need a gun to stop a rapist" drivel coming from some of the democratic legislators in Colorado. Perhaps during the next hearings the legislators can demonstrate the techniques mentioned above, and then demonstrate how a fireamr would work. Then let the voters decide which method they prefer :)

The January event had at least 3,000 attendees. I've been to a number of rallies such as the TEA rally in 2009 where we had 5,000, and smaller gun rallies.. the media and the state patrol were way off base in their "estimates"..

A TV station interviewed me and the excerpt they played was actually an excellent soundbite, I was truly surprised

I agree we need to plan far out and rally larger numbers. Small rallies have little effect, IMO

Agreed on these smaller rallies. The anti-crowd is using this as waning interest in 2A rights. While we all know that's not the case, especially around here, I want to be present whenever I can but a couple days notice doesn't always work. One of the 1588 sponsors seemed amused on the local news over the weekend that turnout was "only a few hundred."

While the recent ceasefire group only attracted a few dozen people (minus reporters), we need strength in numbers. I too was at the January rally - and the message was loud and clear.

We left just after they opened the mic, so I can't speak to the "questionable conspiracy material." .

Pro-gun rally in Olympia draws around 200 | The Today File | Seattle Times

Rally attendees cheered speeches telling of a “progressive conspiracy,” warning against allowing children to become “slaves of the government” and citing Nazi Germany and contemporary Australia as cautionary tales of a disarmed citizenry.

I found the website - <broken link removed> - not a lot of clear info about who they are or what their goals are. Jacob Kukuk appears to be the main guy.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews