JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Who the frig are these March For our Rights people that are scheduling the the next rally in Olympia? I assume they are a bunch of window lickers since, during an event designed to raise public and political support, they are allowing Matt Shea to be a speaker. Do they never learn a lesson?

It doesn't matter what you think of Matt Shea (I personally find him abhorrent), you have to admit letting someone, who appears to quite likely be a political extremist and bigot, to be a part of the event is not a good idea on any level.

Maybe I am out of bounds in thinking they are actually trying to garner support, maybe this is nothing more than a close minded pep rally for the trod upon minority. If that is the case, do it in your backyard. I personally will be sitting this one out and encourage anyone else who does not want to be associated with the far, far fringe right mentality to do the same.

Last Edited:
Our movement doesn't need this type of distraction, Mr. Shea. It's already hard enough for the average citizen to take the average firearms owner seriously. I would prefer he be PNG and find a different platform to plead his own case. What's next? Invite George Zimmerman to speak?

I agree, its a distraction and will end up being the newsreel highlight. Just as the Legislative Action day was. It diminishes from the over all purpose of the event, to have a distraction.

For the most part, the types of people who are 2A supporters don't "hey look at me!" very well. Most of us just want to be left alone. The anti's don't have any manners on purpose. Most of us just won't go there.

Pretty much this.

I haven't followed his story, but not one of the state house R's signed his expulsion letter. Nor has he been charged with a crime.
I'd at least allow the man to attempt to defend himself...

and the fact the Republican party refuses to expel this guy is why modern conservative movement (think pro-gun...) is often looked down upon and struggles to win elections causing states to turn blue. Same for the fact this guy even got elected.

and the fact the Republican party refuses to expel this guy is why modern conservative movement (think pro-gun...) is often looked down upon and struggles to win elections causing states to turn blue. Same for the fact this guy even got elected.

Yeah, right, because the Democrats don't have any issues with any of their people.... :rolleyes:

We just need to use "Common Sense" when presenting ourselves. Sorry hate that phrase.
When you see people dressed for deer hunting and showing the media your latest 100 round banana mag it does not go over well. Where the heck is our leadership. We have not had republican leadership for about 20 years and our number of elected officials sure shows it. We need some new blood that likes to go shooting at a real range not a virtual one. The old blood just wants to be left alone. If only we had our menstrual periods the same time of the month. Thats unity.

I'm thinkin' that these demonstrations would be way more effective if people would show up in their work clothes (accountant, plumber, trucker, Dr., electrician, real estate broker)
.... and not show up dressed as their favorite "super hero" with the matching underoos :rolleyes:

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads