JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Knives and guns are the same. Just tools to do different jobs. I don't limit myself to one "do all" when it comes to tools.

jj

I'm not a knife collector per se, but I do have a lot of knives just because they caught my fancy at one time or the other. I do have a fondness for Case knives and have a few including a Sodbuster Jr that I really like. I daily carry either a ZT Tanto assisted opening knife or a Syderco Horn.

I carry a Benchmade Infidel.
ben3300bk.jpg

I bought a SOG Flash II a few months back, to replace my EDC after losing it. SO far, I am lukewarm about the knife. It seems very sturdy, though I haven't had the need to put it to any sort of hard use. It came extremely sharp, and has stayed so, seems to hold an edge very well. Light, and rides very deep in my pocket. Sometimes too deep, as it can be difficult to get out quickly. The lock seems bulletproof, and I feel confident it will not fail under normal use. Very comfortable to use, not prone to slipping in the hand. The blade deploys with lightning speed. I DO NOT like the safety, however. It has a tendency to engage while riding in the pocket, which is a concern when trying to use it. That is the one aspect which cause me to not recommend it for EDC. I am lukewarm about this knife. It functions adequately but not flawlessly, due to the safety mechanism. If not for the Safety, I think I would be much more fond of the knife as a whole. As it is, my search to replace my beloved EDC continues. It was a Cold Steel folder, with a tanto blade and a large, easy to access thumb hole. I can't recall the name at the moment, but it has been discontinued.

As it is, my search to replace my beloved EDC continues. It was a Cold Steel folder, with a tanto blade and a large, easy to access thumb hole.

Fjolnirsson, I have one of these. See the link.

http://www.kershawknives.com/productdetails.php?id=36&brand=zt

I'm not sure if it is bigger than you are looking for, but I love it. Either the weekend before or the weekend after Thanksgiving, I am not sure which, Kershaw has their factory sale in Tualitin. I picked up my 0400 tanto for $75.00. List is $150. Some smokin' deals if you can make the sale, but come early. People actually camp out for this one.

Back in the early-mid 70's when I'd never heard of anything different, I walked into a local hardware store and bought a Case pocket knife and a Case hunting knife with the typical leather sheath. They are all I've ever had except for a Leatherman. That's the same year I bought my tack-drivin' Ruger M77 .270 Win.

I bought this cheap Taiwanese copy of a Cold Steel Tanto folder for around 5 bucks at a gunshow. I've had for about ten years I guess and it still is my main work knife being used as a knife, pry bar, chisel, etc. I just sharpen it back up again and it can shave my arm no problem. The ironic thing is I bought this cheap knife so that I would not think much of it if I lost it but I've had it so long that I would be quite bummed if anything did happen to it...:(

For yard work I am liking my new Gerber machete. It kills the wife's corn stalks pretty efficiently...:)

My EDC knife is a Kershaw Blackout... but I am starting to collect more and more knives :)

Three gerbers (two folding, one fixed)
One Benchmade Auto
One CRKT (sucky knives)
and one SwampRat M9 -- love that knife!!!

I bought a SOG Flash II a few months back, to replace my EDC after losing it. SO far, I am lukewarm about the knife. It seems very sturdy, though I haven't had the need to put it to any sort of hard use. It came extremely sharp, and has stayed so, seems to hold an edge very well. Light, and rides very deep in my pocket. Sometimes too deep, as it can be difficult to get out quickly. The lock seems bulletproof, and I feel confident it will not fail under normal use. Very comfortable to use, not prone to slipping in the hand. The blade deploys with lightning speed. I DO NOT like the safety, however. It has a tendency to engage while riding in the pocket, which is a concern when trying to use it. That is the one aspect which cause me to not recommend it for EDC. I am lukewarm about this knife. It functions adequately but not flawlessly, due to the safety mechanism. If not for the Safety, I think I would be much more fond of the knife as a whole. As it is, my search to replace my beloved EDC continues. It was a Cold Steel folder, with a tanto blade and a large, easy to access thumb hole. I can't recall the name at the moment, but it has been discontinued.

I have this exact same knife..well actually 2. one of them i took the safety pin out because of the same problem..now its the only knife i carry

I would guess that I like just about any knife. I'm only allowed one wife but so far nobody has put a limit on how many knives I can have! I have Kershaw, Buck, Shrade, Leatherman and a few others.
But, one that I think would be welcome in my collection would be a Kabar like the one used by Marines and soldiers in WW2 and Korea. I like its looks. It is a large knife - definitely not for pocket carry. It also comes with a LEATHER sheath. And, it is MADE IN AMERICA! What's not to like?
I'll drop a few hints to the other half about Christmas. Of course, that doesn't always work. When I was a kid, I asked my parents for an elephant. But, all they got me was a gerbil! Oh,well.

I like to keep it simple - mostly a Spyderco Delica 4 (plain edge) or a SAK Compact or Climber.

I have a bunch of fixed knives - from cheap Moras to expensive customs (Ingram, Dozier, etc) but I don't tend to use or carry them much.

My EDC is a Spyderco Delica. I've got a Spyderco Dragonfly for times when a smaller knife is appropriate.

For out in the woods and working in the field, I've got a Fallkniven F1.

Swiss army "adventurer" for city, daily use.
Kabar or Ontario combat knife for camping and hunting.
I did pick up a Glock knife from Coctailer, it's pretty cool.

For everyday carry I just cant beat this Kershaw DWO. Its super inexpensive, but tough and sharpens really easy. Ive never had a problem with the 4 I've owned, except losing them and having to buy another one. I've gutted 3 deer with it also.

MOK3000BL.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads