JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One is my pocket/city knife,

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6230&d=1257125622

The other is my country knife, when it was brand new.

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6231&d=1257125647

isher

P1010389.jpg

P1010430.jpg

Excellent! I'll have to head on over to Tualatin after Thanksgiving :)

Get there way early before they open if you want to get some of the stuff that sells out quickest. The line can get long quick. They actually had a sale this past summer too. I picked up a ZT Tanto and Ranger and some stainless damascus Shun kitchen knives for unbelievable prices.

SOG Aegis (b/c its light and it doesn't rip up my pants).
Benchmade Presdio (when I feel like I need a slightly tougher knife with a steel lining)

For the last few months it has been a Toollogic SLP2. knife, whistle, firestarter, knife. I figured that it would be a novelty when I started carrying it. Used the heck out of the firestarter during hunting season, and the knife in daily use. Very handy little tool. Not very fond of the serrated blade though.

my bug out bag has a ZT 0100. It took me along time to decide on this knife. partly for the research and the other was the money part. Hear is what sold me. Last year I went to the Kershaw factory sale. One of the reps there had one out and was striking a peice of rebar, sharp edge was cutting chunks out of the rebar with out damaging the tool steal blade. then he showed a short video of a group of marines using a hammer and driving this knife into a concrete wall and then using the g10 handle as a step to climb the wall.
I finally bought one and love it. It is a little bit of a pain to get a edge on it, but once it is there it holds it well.

I'm a HUGE fan of the bayonets...want an actual survival knife without the commercial hype? Get a bayonet. Even the holsters can be used for something....take an AK bayonet, for example...

ak47%20bayonet%202.jpg

Slide the notch in the hole and you have bolt cutters...slide the muzzle ring into the sheath and you have a hammer...

Considering you can get one for about $20 ( <broken link removed> ) they can take a LOT of abuse. Throw one on the outside of a go-bag and you wont shed a tear chopping wood or trying to make a fire with this thing.

When I was in the Army, I was also a big fan of the M9 bayonets...but good luck finding one under $100.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm not sure if it is bigger than you are looking for, but I love it. Either the weekend before or the weekend after Thanksgiving, I am not sure which, Kershaw has their factory sale in Tualitin. I picked up my 0400 tanto for $75.00. List is $150. Some smokin' deals if you can make the sale, but come early. People actually camp out for this one.

Kershaw sale is Dec 4,5 and 6.
Lots of cheap blur knives! My personal fave

I believe at 9am. Ive never been to it. Several co workers go every year. All blems but in perfect working order, they have the 4 x's on the blade. So Im told. I plan to be there before lunch on Friday.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top