JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If true. In about 2 months you will see the same people (from last time) crying about the people who are selling at going prices instead of getting their stuff now at lower prices.

A lot of tragedy on here! Acid rain took my collection out!

Now I have to find a "green" way to dispose of the ammo! Perhaps the Sierra Club could help!:rolleyes:

I needed to kill sometime between work appointments in Milwaukie and heard from a friend NW Armory had 9mm Blazer Brass on sale, so I stopped by. It was pretty busy for mid-week, mid-day. While taking a moment to handle and examine a couple things I've been talking with my fiancé with for her potential EDC, I asked the sales person what the rush was on...

Surprisingly (to me anyway), he said the rush was on for handguns which he felt was generally personal defense ambitions. He went on to say that the sale mix was probably the same they've seen for awhile and speculated that the events of the past weekend got those who were lazy or "on the fence" motivated to follow through.

While I witnessed ARs being sold and leaving it seemed no greater than the steady rate they tend to leave this particular store in my limited (but regular) visits.

I feel that the notion of them "flying off the shelf" is 5% true and 95% media sensationalism. Besides, what better way to compound the unfounded fears of gun grabbers than to point out that people who can legally are now legally doing??

Just get a Ruger Mini-14, same ammo, same mags, same rate .. and you can get them in non-black non-scary peace rifle look.

Funny, a few months back a friend's "gun-skeptical" wife was ranting about assault weapons and I put it to the test:
I showed her a photo of a synthetic stock Mini-14, and she said it is an assault rifle.
I showed her a photo of a wood stock Mini-14, and she said it was not an assault rifle and could be purchased for her household.

She was not pleased when we revealed that these were the same firearm. Perhaps the "gotcha" was rude, but having your ignorance exposed is never a nice experience...

You could donate it to a less fortunate forum member :D

Perhaps! Do you need a bunch of .32S&W shorts?:)

Funny, a few months back a friend's "gun-skeptical" wife was ranting about assault weapons and I put it to the test:
I showed her a photo of a synthetic stock Mini-14, and she said it is an assault rifle.
I showed her a photo of a wood stock Mini-14, and she said it was not an assault rifle and could be purchased for her household.

She was not pleased when we revealed that these were the same firearm. Perhaps the "gotcha" was rude, but having your ignorance exposed is never a nice experience...

I'm sure she wasn't! But, sometimes it's best to just shock the ignorant.;)

You are dead right on this thread, Joe! I'm having to really clamp down on the temper! When the spousal unit watches the news, and she does every evening, after the idiots have spouted they're pooh once, I say enough for now sweetie, or I'm leaving! Usually works! She gets tired of the crAp too.:mad:

Did a private sale yesterday. About 3:30pm. The buyer got his paperwork in and....45-60 minute wait - AND he has a CHL. I haven't seen a wait time like that in a long time. Fair warning that with all these new sales, even having a CHL may not save you the wait.

BTW - warning to anyone who may use them - we ended up going to 99 PAWN on McLoughlin Blvd. I've used them for incoming transfers before, and one private sale a while back. Their rate for a single gun transfer is now $70!!! They broke it down like this:

$30 to transfer from me, the seller to them
$30 to transfer from them to the buyer
$10 BGC

If we both had the time, I would have gone to Tigard Pawn and did the whole thing for only $25, but I was pressed for time, so I sucked it up and did it. Rat ba$tards.

I was pissed :mad: Mostly at them, but also at myself for not checking ahead of time. I went ahead with it because I just wanted to get it done and get on with other things I needed to do. But I will tell you this, that POS rip off slimeball will never, ever get another penny of my money, ever again. I hope you all avoid them too. Treating gun owners like that is out of line and they should be shamed out of this practice. DO NOT USE 99 PAWN ON MCLOUGHLIN!!

BTW, I have a "tactical" 10/22 if anyone wants to buy it - only $750!! Get it while you can....;):p

Heck, the MSM and anti's probably think it's the same as an AR anyway. I can even equip it with the "shoulder thing that goes up" if you want for an extra $250 :rolleyes:

No need to panic buy here - my body is a weapon, from my hi-capacity intellect to my select fire appeal to the opposite sex to my collapsible love gun capable of rapid fire :oops:....it's all good :s0140:

On a more serious note, I learned a lesson after SH, so no panic buying for me, just sitting back to watch the show :s0093:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top