JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I finally took the plunge to an AR. I first called Fisherman's Marine in Oregon City as they had an ad out for some on sale but they were sold out completely. They said they had several on Mon/Tue but I called on Thursday and by then they were out. So I stopped by Gun Broker on 82nd and they had a couple but nothing I really wanted. So I stopped by Sportsman's on 82nd and they had a few in stock but one on sale and only the one display model left. So I bought it for $542 (DPMS Oracle Panther). I didn't want to get to a point where they were no longer available and/or the price upped due to demand like the last time. So, I went ahead and got it. Wished I had the money to go a little higher quality but I don't.

Gun Store Sold 30,000 AR-15s After Orlando Attack

Every time Obama cries gun control, he becomes the best salesman for the guns in general and the AR-15 in particular.

Via Free Beacon:

An online gun store based in Pennsylvania saw sales of its AR-15 semiautomatic rifle spike following the massacre of 49 people at a gay nightclub in Orlando last week.

Hunter's Warehouse sold 30,000 AR-15's in the five days following the terrorist attack. The online shop offers between 300,000 to 400,000 weapons.

"Shootings don't push up gun sales. It's when the government starts talking about banning particular guns and up go gun sales," the shop's owner Tom Engle told Fox Business. "When people lose their right to buy a particular gun or a particular type of gun, they go after them and they want them then."

Keep reading…
:rolleyes:

I finally took the plunge to an AR. I first called Fisherman's Marine in Oregon City as they had an ad out for some on sale but they were sold out completely. They said they had several on Mon/Tue but I called on Thursday and by then they were out. So I stopped by Gun Broker on 82nd and they had a couple but nothing I really wanted. So I stopped by Sportsman's on 82nd and they had a few in stock but one on sale and only the one display model left. So I bought it for $542 (DPMS Oracle Panther). I didn't want to get to a point where they were no longer available and/or the price upped due to demand like the last time. So, I went ahead and got it. Wished I had the money to go a little higher quality but I don't.
You paid a decent price for the Oracle, from my experience DPMS is not junk, see my post above^ DPMS is good for 10,000 rounds (with proper lube) but don't expect 1MOA....that can be changed, as anything can, with appropriate amounts of money.
The alternative is a different platform like an AK or Kel-Tec...even a 12 GA, all depending on your personal situation, anyway, for the money a DPMS is a good buy. Universal parts, ammo and mags are a plus, of course

Last Edited:
Obama realizes he will soon be out of office so he invests heavily in gun manufacturers stocks. Then stirs the gun control pot once more to make a killing in profits. Nice exit bonus, huh?

I bought the Delton over the orical cause the upper isn't really parkerized,it's a gloss finish that will clean up nicer
The shop owner bought a bunch of guns at the LV show. Hasn't panned out yet. The folks here with money have lots of goodies. They don't need to panic buy like I did lol
Is 20 rounds of 223 even a start?:confused::eek:

His phone number is on his FB page - Security Check Required (https://www.facebook.com/Adaptive-Firing-Solutions-LLC-261406063931298/) He works out of his house so I'll let him give you his address but it is over by the Berry Hill Shopping Center.

Just wanted to let you know, I used him for a private sale yesterday. Really nice guy. $20 for the transaction, cheapest I've found anywhere, and he's available weekend mornings, which is something I've not been able to find anywhere else. I'll definitely be using him again. Thanks again for the heads-up.

This sucks. This year has been tight money wise, and I was just starting to get back on top (top-ish anyway :confused:) of my money situation. Now my buying options have been curtailed. :(

This sucks. This year has been tight money wise, and I was just starting to get back on top (top-ish anyway :confused:) of my money situation. Now my buying options have been curtailed. :(

They are still around at decent prices -
NWA has S&W Sport 2's @ $600 and Ruger AR-556 @ $620
Cabelas Tualatin has Oracles and Ruger AR-556's in stock at OK prices
Don't forget you can shop online and have shipped to your FFL - that $20 deal at AFS is sweet, and Curt's on McLoughlin is another good place.

Ammo is still out there as well, but looks like prices have gone up a bit as well.

I think people REALLY stocked up during and after the last scare. I decided during the last scare that I would NEVER be caught with my pants down around my ankles again and took advantage after prices really dropped during the lull. My only regret was not buying up a bunch of Adams Arms piston guns that were being blown out through Buds as "blems", but were really overstock.

upload_2016-7-1_9-16-1.png
...unless Hillary gets elected. She will appoint likely 3-4 Supreme Court Justices, and you know what their stance on the 2A will be. You have between now and November to stock up.

And then what? Get arrested when shooting them and charged with a felony punishable by 10 years in a federal prison? Interesting idea but I think being raped in prison for 10 years is not worth it...

It seems that a Senator who was running guns in SF only got 5 years.....How is that justice? The system is rigged against the subjects...

When I was at Wades a few weeks back I saw a sight in the range that warmed my soul. A mid 50s or so aged gentleman was helping a new AR owner, looked to be mid forties, learn the basics of the rifle and how to operate and zero it. I wanted to walk over to both of them and say God Bless You, now please raise your right hand and repeat after me......
But I had brass to burn and let the moment pass....:rolleyes:

Brutus Out

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews