JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Do many people load larger centerfire rifle cartridges on a Dillon 550, like .30-06?
Don't know 'how many'; the larger calibers I loaded on my 550 was 308; 7.5-55 Swiss; 38-55; 45-70; no particular trouble with any of them. Note the mouth of the 38-55 case is thin & rather vulnerable to damage if proper attention is lagging.

In smaller calibers, the .223 & 22-250 occupied some time. For my limited use I finally abandoned 22-250 as it gave only about 8% more velocity for about 25% more powder. I didn't need that extra performance.

Also the smaller calibers require care in picking powder with right flow characteristics as the mouth is so small. I had trouble with the larger flake & extruded styles, while the smaller ball powders flowed well out of the standard Dillon powder measure. Large mouth cases no issue with powder drop.;)

there was a box of 500 RWS brass for .45 ACP with small primer pocket. Now I know why they have the small pocket; so the primer set-up on the Dillon doesn't have to be changed.
Yep, That is the reason I changed over to loading only SPP brass in 45ACP. In reality it only takes a couple of minutes to change, but why do if you don't have to ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top