JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Will you be there? Sat April 12th, 9:00 Am to 6:00 PM. Please post, in thread, # guests with you.

• Total voters
I will have to check with the wife since she runs my schedule, but count me as a strong maybe.

It is a little farther than I would like to have to drive for a shooting spot, and I have never been there. But for a chance at learning a new location, meeting up with a few of you guys, AND getting to do some good cleaning up a shooting spot, I probably can't ask for much more. Looking forward to it.

This is a brilliant idea and I would love to help but that is the weekend of the Oregon Knife Collectors Assoc. show down in Eugene.

I hope we can also plan this for some other future dates. Start a group of interested parties and do a Spring, Summer, and Fall cleanup? Keeping the area clean,safe, and most importantly OPEN is a worthy set of causes.

I thought Larch had been completely closed to shooting already. I keep gloves and several trash bags in my range bag and try to always leave my spots cleaner than I found them so I don't ever find No Shooting signs placed.

Thanks, Trailboss,

Take note... I changed the original post to reflect only Sat. April 12th. Hope that still fits. (Two days would be too much to try the first time.)

Bill

Last Edited:
Hey BigStick and FateOne,

Way to chime in! If it doesn't work out this time, perhaps you guys can make it at the next one (or two).

FateOne, I was hoping for a large clean-up day like this each month for this spring and summer. Seriously considering Yacolt area for May. Once we get 2 to 3 done on WA DNR managed lands, perhaps we can work out details with some Forest Service lands.

The date is down to one day... Sat April 12th.

Bill

Last Edited:
Welcome aboard, Nasty.

Soon, I'll be posting a link to a Google map that will show the route from Hwy 14 and up to the meeting location.

Thanks,

Bill

Here are the links to Google Maps.

This may be the shortest route...
<broken link removed> [/URL]

However, you may wish to stop by the Washougal River Mercantile & Gun Shop if you take this route...
https://goo.gl/maps/jLreL

Remember, this is for Sat April 12, 2014. Arrive 9:00 AM till 6:00 PM (plus or minus a couple hours). Show up when you can and leave when you need. I'll get there early enough to block out at least 3 sites, so no one starts shooting there, and set up a base camp. (There are lots of shooting sites along that road so we'll have plenty to choose from).

We'll have ourselves a good 'ol time!

Thanks all,

Bill

Last Edited:
Not sure if this link will work or not but I almost always shoot here (looks to be really close to the meet spot) when I take the family up to shoot in the hills and lately it has gotten so bad with the idiots I hate to go. Last time I was there I hauled out a TV and an old PC someone shot up but that didn't even make a dent in it. I am looking forward to those in our sport working to make a positive difference for everyone. Too bad we couldn't get some media attention for some good stewardship PR. I know that today (3/22/14) the JCTRA guys are doing a clean up so I wouldn't be surprised if some of the areas are already clean. Back when I used to ride, I remember listening to a few of the guys in JCTRA complain about the shooters that give us all a bad image and helped clean up a few of the shooting areas. Maybe next year we could work with the trail riders on a joint clean up effort. Don't mind me.... just thinking out loud hear.... ;)

Maybe next year we could work with the trail riders on a joint clean up effort.

Good idea. I think it would be a great co-op effort. Wish I still had a trail bike. Used to love to ride trails.

Gee, we could have a clean up-ride-n-shoot day! I'll have to start practicing my shooting from a bike! ;)

Bill

Good idea. I think it would be a great co-op effort. Wish I still had a trail bike. Used to love to ride trails.

Gee, we could have a clean up-ride-n-shoot day! I'll have to start practicing my shooting from a bike! ;)

Bill
I'll be on my bike but I will not be doing trails, LOL. Picking up an 800 lb. bike after it's on it's side isn't my idea of fun.

Notice we now have a VOTE BOX!

Please cast you Yes or Maybe vote in the box at the top (even it you have previously posted). If you are bringing family and/or a guest(s), please post, to this thread, how many guests are coming with you.

Up to 13 there now. Quick note: Several people that are going (including myself) are committed to be at the Lincoln County Dinner that evening and therefore we will need to cut out early. Probably around 3 PM.

Billyinfinity, JSN & MikeE, you guys are all right! Thanks!

Be sure you cast your VOTE at the top.

Looking forward to meeting you,

Bill

Went up to Larch Mntn today (Sunday). Did a little surveying, shot a couple Zombies and saw an Elk!

Here's what we're up against. Not as bad as some, however, site after site all up the road is like this. Really makes the forest look like a dump.

Larch Sites1.jpg

Larch Sites2.jpg

Larch Sites3.jpg
Yeah, I think that's Elk bones. The hair on the tarp sure looks like it.

Bill

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews