JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Will you be there? Sat April 12th, 9:00 Am to 6:00 PM. Please post, in thread, # guests with you.

• Total voters
I voted solid maybe. I will have just gotten back from Denmark the night before so I have to see how badly 11 hours of flying messes with me. If I can though I will bring my two daughters with me. Sounds like a great chance to meet some of you and actually find an outdoor shooting spot.

Here are the links to Google Maps.

This may be the shortest route...
<broken link removed> https://goo.gl/maps/IO2K5

However, you may wish to stop by the Washougal River Mercantile & Gun Shop if you take this route...
https://goo.gl/maps/jLreL

Remember, this is for Sat April 12, 2014. Arrive 9:00 AM till 6:00 PM (plus or minus a couple hours). Show up when you can and leave when you need. I'll get there early enough to block out at least 3 sites, so no one starts shooting there, and set up a base camp. (There are lots of shooting sites along that road so we'll have plenty to choose from).

We'll have ourselves a good 'ol time!

Thanks all,

Bill

Here is the post that had directions to the spot.

Thanks, GrpCap, for covering me on the directions part. Hope you feel up to it after your trip.

Jerry and Peter, If you go in from the 412th Ave, (after Skye Rd), stay on NE 412th Ave and stay left at the Y of 412 & Skamania Mines Rd, still on 412th, After the pavement runs out, you'll see a bunch on new logging and we'll be just a few hundred feet from there. I'll have signs pointing the way. We'll section off the first 4-5 shooting spots so we can stay fairly close together. Some other time we'll get up to clean up the rock pit.

Thanks for your votes!

Cobra and Jerry, hope you can make it! Will be fun (once we're done with the clean up stuff).

Bill

Dang, I have family in town from AK and CA that weekend. I'll keep watch for the next cleanup and feel free to PM me next time. I have a long bed diesel truck, so I can haul quite a bit if needed...next time.

Dang glad you're interested, Twin.

AK and CA? Sounds like someone's going to get heated up and someone's going to cool off. And you're right in the middle!

Most likely, the next one will be May. Yacolt area? Well narrow it down and start a new thread later.

Later,

Bill

If I end up leaving before I'm able to get some target practice done then there is a good chance I'll head up to Yacolt area some time in April and I can probably scope out a couple of good spots there. Free time is my biggest issue right now as I have so many commitments that land on weekends. Not that it bothers me as I know it's all for a good cause.

If I end up leaving before I'm able to get some target practice done..... .....it's all for a good cause.

You and a couple others may need to leave early. Therefore, I been thinkin again. What's say we shoot about lunch time, for just a little bit, then, those of us staying, will go back to work and shoot later?

I'd get a kick out of that!

Bill

I voted solid maybe. I will have just gotten back from Denmark the night before so I have to see how badly 11 hours of flying messes with me. If I can though I will bring my two daughters with me. Sounds like a great chance to meet some of you and actually find an outdoor shooting spot.
GrpCap why did you go to Denmark? I lived there for a few years and still speak it fairly well, I hope you make it. Would love to talk about it.

Are you talking Larch Mt up above Clark Rifles east of Hockinson?

Directions might be nice for folks unfamiliar with the area.

I'm going to try and make it.

Bill, do I need a "Discovery Pass" to park up there?

I'm an Oregonian and don't have one, but it looks like they're sold here at REI.

http://www.discoverpass.wa.gov/faq/#where

Hi, erudne,
Yes, Washington Dept of Nat Resources is providing Day Discover passes, as well as, will provide a free Annual Discover pass once you've volunteered 24 hrs for DNR. They are offering a lot more! See the original post on page 1.
Thank for chiming in!
Bill

Dang glad you're interested, Twin.

AK and CA? Sounds like someone's going to get heated up and someone's going to cool off. And you're right in the middle!

Most likely, the next one will be May. Yacolt area? Well narrow it down and start a new thread later.

Later,

Bill

Yacolt sounds good too. I shoot there a few times a year and I always stop at as many of the shooting spots as possible to pick up more than I bring in (I'm also selfishly looking for free brass). My BroLo just bought some acreage near Tumtum so I'll be shooting in that area even more this summer. Please give me as much advanced notice as possible as my Social Director (Wife) likes to make plans for me often.

Hey, @GunRightsCoalition ,

Your inbox is full so I can't send a Conversation.

I wanted to ask, on your FB page, https://www.facebook.com/events/666638466711602/ could you post about post #60? "We need a couple Extra things..." As we get commitments, I'll post them here so we don't double up. (Except the donuts. I'm sure we'll consume more that what is brought!)

Your help on this event is great! Thanks a bunch!

Bill

We need a couple of Extra things and wondered if anyone can help...
(May not be necessary, but it would sure help to start things off nice!)

• Propane cook stove. 2 burner with at least 2 small bottles.
  • Coffee makers. Drip or perk. With filters.
  • Coffee & coffee creamer.
  • Coffee cups. Disposable.
  • Donuts. 3-4 doz assorted.
  • Marsh-mellows. Hey, kids will be there and we'll have a camp fire too! I'm a kid!
  • Apples. 1 bag. (for anyone who just needs a little snack).
  • Portable toilet. With tank treatment. (I'll provide a pup tent, we just need the toilet).
Please post if you can provide any of these.

Thank you,

Bill

Hey, @GunRightsCoalition ,

Your inbox is full so I can't send a Conversation.

I wanted to ask, on your FB page, https://www.facebook.com/events/666638466711602/ could you post about post #60? "We need a couple Extra things..." As we get commitments, I'll post them here so we don't double up. (Except the donuts. I'm sure we'll consume more that what is brought!)

Your help on this event is great! Thanks a bunch!

Bill
Let me see if I can fix the inbox deal and also get that added to the event there.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top