JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I read it. It came to my email. This bill is a travisty. Mr. Boquist, fueled by the passion stemming from the loss of his son (very tragic), demonstrated his intellectual ability, familiarity and flexible interpretation of legal precedent, connections to the legislative elites in Salem, and crafted a very complex "law" that will be with us a very long time. It is my humble opinion that Mr. Boquist abused his power. Laws should be dispassionate and reasonable. SB719 is neither and is over-kill (if I can politely use that phrase). There are already laws on the books to protect potential victims of domestic violence. And no law will stop suicide. I suspect Mr. Boquist will have a seat in Salem for a long time also, because it will be well funded and protected by the Democrats he serves.
FortRock out.

Though exceedingly unlikely to happen, when he seeks reelection, he needs to be challenged in the primary. Anyone, of either party, that supports this grotesquely unconstitutional law is simply not fit to be in the Senate or any other public office.

Are you guys referring to the Extreme Risk Protection Act? I don't want to seem rude but if you are referring to I believe you misunderstand it. Based on the wording in my dad's copy of the bill, it allows the state to temporarily confiscate someone's firearms if they have made a direct threat or attempt to kill a neighbor, family member, or anyone else. That being said, the government's definition of temporary can be a rather long period of time.

As has been pointed out another threads, there's one other problem. When they file a protection order, you don't have any ability to speak or defend yourself in front of the judge. You are not allowed to participate in the decision to remove your rights.

That is wrong. And I think against the fifth amendment. But I maybe wrong. You should have the right to face your accuser in court.

Are you guys referring to the Extreme Risk Protection Act? I don't want to seem rude but if you are referring to I believe you misunderstand it. Based on the wording in my dad's copy of the bill, it allows the state to temporarily confiscate someone's firearms if they have made a direct threat or attempt to kill a neighbor, family member, or anyone else. That being said, the government's definition of temporary can be a rather long period of time.
More than a few people have spent considerable time and effort providing current and relevant reference material. If you haven't taken the time to educate yourself, then YOU are a large part of the problem.

Though exceedingly unlikely to happen, when he seeks reelection, he needs to be challenged in the primary. Anyone, of either party, that supports this grotesquely unconstitutional law is simply not fit to be in the Senate or any other public office.
Some of us at RedState have been lobbying for the creation of a Scorched Earth List, every year picking a handful from the House, the Senate and state Legislatures to go All In against, even if it means the seat going to Team Blue temporarily. I've been trying to get Boquist nominated for if the list happens...

Some of us at RedState have been lobbying for the creation of a Scorched Earth List, every year picking a handful from the House, the Senate and state Legislatures to go All In against, even if it means the seat going to Team Blue temporarily. I've been trying to get Boquist nominated for if the list happens...

Unfortunately Boquist was reelected lat year so we are stuck with the cheese dick until 2020 unless there is a successful recall. He qualifies for the scorched earth list. Team blue is just one vote short of a supermajority in both houses anyway, and Boquist makes it effectively than already in our Senate.

We need to get strong and start identifying someone who needs to go each election cycle and get them back to the private sector.

Per OFF..."Recently Senator Brian Boquist sent an email to people who had contacted him, opposing his gun confiscation bill SB 719. Boquist intentionally published the email addresses of all the recipients. " This is retaliatory against free citizens. That was an unnecessary attack on his constituents. Sounds like he caught the same disease his deep blue Democrat co-conspirators have.

Per OFF..."Recently Senator Brian Boquist sent an email to people who had contacted him, opposing his gun confiscation bill SB 719. Boquist intentionally published the email addresses of all the recipients. " This is retaliatory against free citizens. That was an unnecessary attack on his constituents. Sounds like he caught the same disease his deep blue Democrat co-conspirators have.

Since Boquist is effectively a Democrat he won't be held accountable for compromising security via email. Neither will he be held accountable for threatening others unless we make it happen.

What time is it? It's RECALL Time!

Damn good idea. It would send a signal that this crap isn't going to be tolerated.

More than a few people have spent considerable time and effort providing current and relevant reference material. If you haven't taken the time to educate yourself, then YOU are a large part of the problem.

Very well said.

I think it's worth noting just how far he has wandered off the reservation. Let's look at this quote from his letter:

"Let me remind all of you the United States is a representative republic not a parliamentary nation like Great Britain. America elect's representatives not party hacks to sit in parliament. State Senators represent all 128,000 citizens of their districts. I represent Senate District 12 not some other district elsewhere in the State. Republicans account for 34% of Senate District 12. And more than half of them want stricter gun laws that I will not support."

He was elected because of his party affiliation and the Republican party planks, and specifically because he was NOT a Democrat. For a Republican to be elected in a primarily Democrat district shows that the people want change and not the status quo. If they had wanted a Democrat, they would have elected one. His assertion that more than half of the Republicans want stricter gun laws is unsupported BS to support his personal view based on his grief from loss of his son. Quite frankly, he is a traitor to the people that elected him.

He is not emotionally fit to hold office and should either step down on his own or face forceful removal or recall.

I think it's worth noting just how far he has wandered off the reservation. Let's look at this quote from his letter:

"Let me remind all of you the United States is a representative republic not a parliamentary nation like Great Britain. America elect's representatives not party hacks to sit in parliament. State Senators represent all 128,000 citizens of their districts. I represent Senate District 12 not some other district elsewhere in the State. Republicans account for 34% of Senate District 12. And more than half of them want stricter gun laws that I will not support."

He was elected because of his party affiliation and the Republican party planks, and specifically because he was NOT a Democrat. For a Republican to be elected in a primarily Democrat district shows that the people want change and not the status quo. If they had wanted a Democrat, they would have elected one. His assertion that more than half of the Republicans want stricter gun laws is unsupported BS to support his personal view based on his grief from loss of his son. Quite frankly, he is a traitor to the people that elected him.

He is not emotionally fit to hold office and should either step down on his own or face forceful removal or recall.

That and threatening his constituents who dared to write with an opposing viewpoint. Maybe the first guns to be confiscated should be his.

I say we get the Recalls started on all of them, not just the Gov'ness and this turd, ALL tramplers of the Constitution! I say we go after them all and all at once! Time to use Alsinky against them all, clean this state but good, and send a very powerful and clear message to the rest of the country!

@Ura-Ki problem with that is that Alinsky tactics work best when you focus on one target at a time, keep at it on them with everything you got 'til you knock them down, then you move to the next target and repeat.

"LY-IN' BRI-AN! *clap clap clap*" Somebody needs to start heckling him with that every time he shows his lying Dem butt-face in public...

@Ura-Ki problem with that is that Alinsky tactics work best when you focus on one target at a time, keep at it on them with everything you got 'til you knock them down, then you move to the next target and repeat.

"LY-IN' BRI-AN! *clap clap clap*" Somebody needs to start heckling him with that every time he shows his lying Dem butt-face in public...
Yup, cept you go all Special Forces on there arses, training every one you can to take up the sword, and then move on to the next threat while your forces are continuing to multiply! :):):) Turn it into "Area Rules" where localized leadership under direct control from the Spec Force handler can ramp up pressure and create area denial for counter forces!:cool::cool::cool:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews