JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Then I hear Gov'ness Kate has cut V.A. funding by 10 %!!!!! HOW IN HECK CAN SHE DO THAT?????? The V. A. IS FED funded, how can a goobmer even do that?

I'm skeptical of that myself. I'm sure she would (and more) if she could, but I don't think she has control over that. Nothing a progressive hates more than an EARNED entitlement.

This guy is a scum. Out of the blue I received an email from him promoting an anti-suicide rally in Salem and requesting my presence there. The only way he could have sent this to me is if he knew I lost a loved one to suicide. There must be some kind of list that exists, and he reached me off this. It's the first and last time I've heard from him.
What a cruel thing to do, to take advantage of those of us who have had personal tragedies from it, and try to use it to his political advantage.
So glad I didn't go.

This guy is a scum. Out of the blue I received an email from him promoting an anti-suicide rally in Salem and requesting my presence there. The only way he could have sent this to me is if he knew I lost a loved one to suicide. There must be some kind of list that exists, and he reached me off this. It's the first and last time I've heard from him.
What a cruel thing to do, to take advantage of those of us who have had personal tragedies from it, and try to use it to his political advantage.
So glad I didn't go.

Did you consider writing back and informing him of how that made you feel?

Thays a pretty cruel and petty move on his part, to yake a personal loss and make it into a political gain for him self only! All the while, he gains, and you get nothing but more pain!
We all know what a p.o.s. This guys is, time to rid the state of him!

Did you consider writing back and informing him of how that made you feel?

He didnt respond to my email about the significant issues with getting vets and other patients mental health treatment. Actual ways to help people not political ways to help himself.

So glad I didn't go.

The Koch Brothers have extensive lists on all of us for political purposes since we are pro-gun. Dont ask me how I got to see the list.

The Koch Brothers have extensive lists on all of us for political purposes since we are pro-gun. Dont ask me how I got to see the list.

I guess I'm a sell out, but if the Koch Brothers want to give me a million bux I'd be willing to vote pro gun. I'd do the same for Bloomberg - for a million bloombux I'd still vote pro gun.

This tool needs to be called out publicly for his Obamaesque move of exploiting the families of victims for his own political and financial gain...

These self serving politicians are the lowest form of vermin... Unfortunately, they've infested the state capital...

At least the Koch Brothers aren't politicians trying to push through an agenda by praying on those who have suffered a loss.
This guy had to have gone through suicide statistics (those who had done it during the time frame), tracked down the next
of kin, and contacted them. Disgusting.

re: "The Koch Brothers have extensive lists on all of us for political purposes since we are pro-gun. Dont ask me how I got to see the list."

is this intended as sarcasm/humor/irony or political assertion?
And tell me about 'the list' regardless, leaving out how you got to see it.

At least the Koch Brothers aren't politicians trying to push through an agenda by praying on those who have suffered a loss.
This guy had to have gone through suicide statistics (those who had done it during the time frame), tracked down the next
of kin, and contacted them. Disgusting.
If you are 100% positive you didn't sign up to be contacted or send him a message (commonly they'll add you to a contact list when you send in a comment, even if it's negative) I would write the Oregonian/Oregon Live, KXL (Markley & Van Camp, and/or Lars), Associated Press, and The Washington Times for good measure explaining the legislation and that he tracked you down, despite never having signed up for his newsletter or email list, through some means regarding a relation to suicide.

If you are not 100% positive, I would still hit up Oregonian/Oregon Live, KXL, and AP (local in Salem) and basically say you how you felt targeted for exploitation by Boquist and how that exacerbated your emotions relating to the loss through suicide. How he is clearly trying to stand on the shoulders of people who have had to endure loss for his own political benefit.

re: "The Koch Brothers have extensive lists on all of us for political purposes since we are pro-gun. Dont ask me how I got to see the list."

is this intended as sarcasm/humor/irony or political assertion?
And tell me about 'the list' regardless, leaving out how you got to see it.

I'll send you a PM

I'm 100% sure, I never even heard of the guy until I got his email.
However, I'm not going to put myself through emotional turmoil to go after him.
You could always send a letter to Nigel Jaquiss of Willamette Week, the guy who took down Kitzhaber. Let him know what happened and that you don't wish to be a part of the story, but you feel it's an important story to tell. Let him do the digging himself. He's taken down several politicians in his career as a journalist. I totally understand if you don't wish to become involved at all. I've had friends from my time in the Marines take their own lives and it's always difficult for me to process.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top