JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi, All;
I just got back from a few days in Salt Lake, and was sort of surprised by what I saw.
I was staying at the Gateway Hyatt, right downtown at 4th & Temple, so this was in a totally urban environment, in an upscale hotel.

A man walked into the breakfast bar open-carrying what looked like a small 9mm in a closed holster. It was kind of funny, since it was so small and he was huge. Nobody give him a second look. My guests (visiting from Canada, eh?) never would've noticed had I not pointed it out to them. To their credit, they hardly reacted - just a "Huh."

So what? Nothing, I guess. No drama, no hotel staff in a tizzy, nada. I just wish that the usual OC type wasn't a morbidly obese middle-aged white guy - like I'm rapidly evolving into. But, if the shoe fits,....
:eek:

Hi, All;
I just got back from a few days in Salt Lake, and was sort of surprised by what I saw.
I was staying at the Gateway Hyatt, right downtown at 4th & Temple, so this was in a totally urban environment, in an upscale hotel.

A man walked into the breakfast bar open-carrying what looked like a small 9mm in a closed holster. It was kind of funny, since it was so small and he was huge. Nobody give him a second look. My guests (visiting from Canada, eh?) never would've noticed had I not pointed it out to them. To their credit, they hardly reacted - just a "Huh."

So what? Nothing, I guess. No drama, no hotel staff in a tizzy, nada. I just wish that the usual OC type wasn't a morbidly obese middle-aged white guy - like I'm rapidly evolving into. But, if the shoe fits,....
:eek:

I only Open Carry, (any time we go to town) but don't fit that description, even when I was middle age (except for the white guy part). Old guy, slightly overweight now (10-20 lbs more than when I was 21) Canadian by birth, US citizen by choice. OC always by choice.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top