JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi, All;
I just got back from a few days in Salt Lake, and was sort of surprised by what I saw.
I was staying at the Gateway Hyatt, right downtown at 4th & Temple, so this was in a totally urban environment, in an upscale hotel.

A man walked into the breakfast bar open-carrying what looked like a small 9mm in a closed holster. It was kind of funny, since it was so small and he was huge. Nobody give him a second look. My guests (visiting from Canada, eh?) never would've noticed had I not pointed it out to them. To their credit, they hardly reacted - just a "Huh."

So what? Nothing, I guess. No drama, no hotel staff in a tizzy, nada. I just wish that the usual OC type wasn't a morbidly obese middle-aged white guy - like I'm rapidly evolving into. But, if the shoe fits,....
:eek:

Hi, All;
I just got back from a few days in Salt Lake, and was sort of surprised by what I saw.
I was staying at the Gateway Hyatt, right downtown at 4th & Temple, so this was in a totally urban environment, in an upscale hotel.

A man walked into the breakfast bar open-carrying what looked like a small 9mm in a closed holster. It was kind of funny, since it was so small and he was huge. Nobody give him a second look. My guests (visiting from Canada, eh?) never would've noticed had I not pointed it out to them. To their credit, they hardly reacted - just a "Huh."

So what? Nothing, I guess. No drama, no hotel staff in a tizzy, nada. I just wish that the usual OC type wasn't a morbidly obese middle-aged white guy - like I'm rapidly evolving into. But, if the shoe fits,....
:eek:

I only Open Carry, (any time we go to town) but don't fit that description, even when I was middle age (except for the white guy part). Old guy, slightly overweight now (10-20 lbs more than when I was 21) Canadian by birth, US citizen by choice. OC always by choice.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top