Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

OC in SLC

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by chemist, Aug 11, 2013.

1. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

Hi, All;
    I just got back from a few days in Salt Lake, and was sort of surprised by what I saw.
    I was staying at the Gateway Hyatt, right downtown at 4th & Temple, so this was in a totally urban environment, in an upscale hotel.

A man walked into the breakfast bar open-carrying what looked like a small 9mm in a closed holster. It was kind of funny, since it was so small and he was huge. Nobody give him a second look. My guests (visiting from Canada, eh?) never would've noticed had I not pointed it out to them. To their credit, they hardly reacted - just a "Huh."

So what? Nothing, I guess. No drama, no hotel staff in a tizzy, nada. I just wish that the usual OC type wasn't a morbidly obese middle-aged white guy - like I'm rapidly evolving into. But, if the shoe fits,....
    :eek:

2. hermannr

hermannr Okanogan Highlands Well-Known Member

I only Open Carry, (any time we go to town) but don't fit that description, even when I was middle age (except for the white guy part). Old guy, slightly overweight now (10-20 lbs more than when I was 21) Canadian by birth, US citizen by choice. OC always by choice.

3. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

How's that old white guy thing workin' out for ya, eh? ;)

4. hermannr

hermannr Okanogan Highlands Well-Known Member

Haven't worn a watch for 10 years now, that a good start? OC'd for 43 years