JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Health care reform as it is being presented currently provides the Gov't. with many avenues to gun restrictions and taxation. Remember that you MUST purchase a healthcare policy,...
If you have guns they can tag on a surcharge. More than 3?? Oh that puts you in the "ultra-high risk" category!! Are you certain they are stored properly??... Better let me come in and check, and while I am here, let me get those serial numbers,... I'm from the Gov., and I'm here to help!
From "risky lifestyle/hobby" to massive ammo taxation to pay for treating gunshot trauma in inner-city hospitals, this admin knows they can put forth anti gun policies as "common sense" solutions to gun issues that are currently non-related, and they will fly under the banner of "fiscally imperative" to the solvency of the insurance system.

"Think of the children" will be shouted from the rooftops louder than the Brady folks could ever do it.

Feinstein and Schumer will be back-slappin' with Joe (I wrote the assault weapons ban) Biden and the Prez all over the news and assuring the folks at the U.N. that they're on the verge of a peaceful, political victory in the "battle against gun violence" in the good-ol' USofA.

They'll be crowing like the Aussie politicos were after their turn ins.

\
These days both parties futures decide to be politicians in a middle school presidential run.

THIS IS WHY I CAN'T STAND WORKING AROUND POLITICS (and I have plenty of experience)... There are actually tons of politicians who come into the field later in life, but practically ALL of their hangers-on - staffers, campaign managers, lobbyists, the whole mess of them, are asinine drooling former student body presidents who have no clue whatsoever how the world actually operates.

To those of you who are still concerned about anti-gun policies being snuck into the healthcare bill: the "blue dogs" and other pro-gun Democrats in the house absolutely will not allow that to happen. Their seats are tenuous enough as it is right now, and they know that anything like what you're talking about will mean swift & certain death at the polls.

If all you folks are so good at predicting the future based on no facts, and your exceptional foresight, then you are making a fortune on the stock market, right? Wrong.

You paid double the normal price to buy a dozen new guns last year because of the inevitable Obama gun ban, right? Wrong.

The liberals would join forces with the Brady crowd, right? Wrong.

Really, if you are going to burn so much emotion over gun control please do it where it is useful. How many of you that write so passionately to the Forum have written to your politicians?

Dear Watcher, I'm still buying, writing emails, phoning, donating to Sarah, Juditial Watch, and several other pro-gun candidates as well as post here once in a while.

Thank you Slingshot, Now let all of us get our energy focused in making our views felt. The magic of word processors lets us write a dozen letters with little effort.

The tide is in our favor, a short effort on the oars is all we may need to get to the beach - but we have to focus on the job not on whether it is going to rain before we get there.

THIS IS WHY I CAN'T STAND WORKING AROUND POLITICS (and I have plenty of experience)... There are actually tons of politicians who come into the field later in life, but practically ALL of their hangers-on - staffers, campaign managers, lobbyists, the whole mess of them, are asinine drooling former student body presidents who have no clue whatsoever how the world actually operates.

To those of you who are still concerned about anti-gun policies being snuck into the healthcare bill: the "blue dogs" and other pro-gun Democrats in the house absolutely will not allow that to happen. Their seats are tenuous enough as it is right now, and they know that anything like what you're talking about will mean swift & certain death at the polls.

Bribery and dirty tactics go a long ways. ; )

I don't think they are too concerned about the polls. Watch for a amnesty bill to be pushed through before the next election increasing their voting base by 20 million or so. They are not above changing the rules. The quicker people figure that out the better off we are going to be.

Come on guys. Finger pointing does no good! Every single time someone brings up something that dems are doing wrong, the response is the same! Well Bush did this, or a republican did that. Who the **** cares! It is still wrong! We are in the worst shape as a nation that we have been in for a very long time! If people don't quit playing the blame game and hold politicians responsible FOR WHAT THEY DO we are doomed. Go ahead and bubblegum about Bush and see where it get's you. He isn't in power, Obama is!

Anyone who doesn't think that this will be used to do whatever they want is in denial. The majority of people don't want the health care bill. They don't care. The constitution that governs our entire country is 17 pages long. This bill is several thousand. You think there may be something else in there besides the basics?

Anyone who doesn't recognize the potential dangers in this mess is fooling himself. Anyone who doesn't understand the concept of "slow erosion" needs to repeat fourth grade science. And those who insist "there's nothing to worry about" have historically been the people who get caught with their pants down.

I don't know what government YOU'VE been watching for the past twenty years, but mine has proven itself to be increasingly untrustworthy and corrupt.

If healthcare is or becomes an American "right" then shouldn't food and shelter also become "rights" because they are far more nesissary and urgent than healthcare.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads