JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It doesn't matter if he's holding it wrong. It doesn't even matter if the picture could might possibly maybe be photoshopped. When we get hung up on things like that, we look like nitpicking jerks to the soccer moms. I think we should stick to the fact that, "Hey wait, does him shooting skeet, even if he's an expert avid sportsman- mean that he should be allowed to limit our 2A rights?"

I wouldn't even bother with the picture.

That signiture to the right of the barrel is just proof that the kings photoshop minion has no idea what a shotgun looks like while its being fired. He probably had a copy of our constitution hanging at eye level. Whos the white guy with the shotgun?
I'm not an avid shotgunner, but this picture just looks wrong....:s0131: Jack...:cool:

I got some questions about this picture, perhaps someone can help:
1: What model of shotgun is he using? If its a semi, does that account for the gas porting up?
2: Normally when I've seen pictures taken at the moment of firing, there's some firearm blur, rippling of flesh, and other signs of motion in the shooter driven by the recoil. I don't see any of that. Can someone explain whether or not what I'm seeing is normal? Would this picture have been taken milliseconds before the gun itself began to recoil?
3: I had seen a simple drawing of the skeet range at Camp David, but I didn't get the impression that the shooter would be aiming almost horizontal when firing directly in front of him. Now if he were shooting at some clays hung up on a post or something, that might be different, but it certainly doesn't appear that his body is in motion either from swinging at a moving clay or absorbing any recoil.

obama-skeet-shooting-obama-gun-control-obama-shotgun-sad-hill-news2-2.jpg

obama-skeet-shooting-obama-gun-control-obama-shotgun-sad-hill-news2-2.jpg

All I know is that I would love to own that gun. Very nice.

I'm imagine you already do, I'd be willing to bet our tax dollars paid for it one way or the other. Pretty amusing watching the divisive political games being played, just hope no real 2A supporters believe this for a minute.

Joe was claiming that the common folk should use shotguns to defend themselves instead of rifles. I think he said something about how they're more effective than AWBs.

Wish I had been in the room when he announced this, I would have asked him why don't we issue shotguns to the army, then, instead of rifles.

Like a couple of guys in this thread. I would like to know what is sticking out of the end of the top barrel,why is smoke coming out of the side of the gun barrel,what brand of shot shell would smoke that bad,why is the butt of the gun so high on his shoulder,it looks like he is standing on the side of a road? I really think that the picture is made-up?

The article says the photo is of President Obama shooting skeet at Camp David.

I see at least two problems with this photo, do you see them and do you see any more?

like what is with the smoke exiting stage right about 5" or 6" back from the muzzle (assuming a standard Skeet barrle length of 32".

Problem #2: How far down range does that clay have to be for the barrel to be that horizontal (remember, recoil will have brought the barrel up from where it was actually fired)

White House releases photo of Obama firing gun

I don't like the guy but looking at the Camp David Skeet range with google maps and google earth this photo sure looks like it was taken at the range same kinds of trees same kind of paved area.

Obvously the ported barrel is nothing to talk about as thats normal.

The angle of the gun is also a moot point who says he wasn't aiming at a VP or something.

but hey don't let me stop you all from wasting a couple hundred hours of time arguing about this stupid picture instead of writing your congressman or woman to tell them to vote against any new gun laws.

Maybe this can be worked up into a full blown consiracy.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top