JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That would likely be denied. Your attorney should then immediately ask the judge to declare a mistrial. But she's corrupt as hell so that would have been denied too. You're running out of options real quick. Looks like you'll be spending several nights in Rikers while your attorney appeals. Maybe several years. Of course, you will probably have a hell of a lawsuit if you ever get out. Maybe. I mea, if there are no provisions for dealing with a corrupt judge like this, you probably can't sue for it either.
Luckily, federal appeals courts generally don't allow judges to act like this. But you're correct, he'll likely spend some time behind bars and if federal courts don't accept a constitutional challenge, that'd leave him with habeas corpus? (Assuming all NY state courts hold similar views.) Unsure how eager federal courts are to hear his case when vanderstock is about to be heard.

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if his lawfirm allowed the case to play out in this judge's court so they could have a stack of bizarre quotes for future litigation... they're already advertising work on his appeal and a challenge on the constitutionality of the laws.

When a judge is corrupt as to exercise absolute power to make up laws or deny the existing laws in her courtroom, there can arise severe consequences.

Let us say that a generally law-abiding person is wrongfully convicted in her court room. And let us assume countless otherwise law-abiding citizens are witness to her corruption and immunity from prosecution for her unlawful reign of terror.

Would it be logical to assume the average joe might rethink his Paradyme and discover that the only route to righteousness is to take the non-existent "Law" into his own hands?

As a result of her abuse of power, revolt against the system might be the only path to victory for an honest man!

LOl..ya know..I shoulda brought my range ear muffs.

Bet that woulda went over well...don't wear gun range muffs in a crowded theater..something like that.
my hearing isn't that good per test results. I've been around hazardous noise levels for decades, and I need to always remember to bring ear protection when I go to the movie theater , as the volume is nearing the pain threshold ..I wonder who is supposed to be monitoring the volume levels in there?

Duplicate thread and yes. Its unfortunate that this Judge isn't disbarred and jailed along with the prosecutor team for conspiracy to deprive an American of his civil rights.
Oops! I did look through new posts and search but must have missed it. @Moderators merge please(?)

There are actions that could be taken against the judge, but the additional flaw in the system is that it requires those with the power to do so actually "act" against one of their own. While the left are notorious for eating their own, it generally doesn't happen unless they are put in a position that threatens their own power/position.

I can imagine the conversations behind closed doors though, "we agree with you and ignore the 2A too, but... you can't "say" it out loud like that, honey! If it doesn't blow over we might just have to off your head." :D

What would be really nice to see is someone like FPC, GOA or SAF jump in on Mr. Taylors behalf. I mean... by all surface appearance it seems like a pretty perfect 2A case. A protected class minority man, otherwise completely law abiding citizen and with no criminal past.

I know it depends on the strength of the argument they could make, but appearance wise it seems much more favorable than pushing a 2A case where the plaintiff is a clear cut scumbag. (IE., that felon in possession case)

Entitled judges think they can do whatever they want. The only way to fix their individual decisions is to Appeal. And if the appeals court is biased like in WA then scotus is the only fix. But they only accept 60-70 cases per year total. So that leaves hundreds of totally wrong cases unheard, every year.

These judges know if they make a wrong decision it's likely it won't ever get fixed, and even if it is fixed there are zero consequences for them personally when they force their bias into it and purposely make unconstitutional rulings.

if this has already been covered, point me to the thread
now, yes he violated NY state law, but he was identified from his on line purchases with his credit card
he had no criminal record, was not selling these guns, they were just for personal use
I don't know if he was aware of the new NY law on Ghost Guns
I read the Judge made a statement that is now famous in 2nd Amendment circles
"dont bring up the 2nd Amendment in this courtroom, the 2nd Amendment does not exist here"
his conviction is already under appeal

my first question is how he was able to purchase 80% receivers on line after NY passed their law?
those of use who live in Washington know vendors won't even sell to us on line after Washington passed such a law
but it was confirmed he was traced from his credit card purchases
all my on line purchases were years ago, but paying cash going forward for repair parts

this get more interesting
Dexter purchased the parts legally on line before the NY law went into affect
but in 2022, NY updated their law to make it illegal to own the components to make a ghost gun, no matter when they were purchased

OK, unlike Washington, in NY, one has to have a license to assemble guns at home, even on registered receivers
in 2020, Dexter purchased $21,000 in gun parts and gunsmith tools on line and had them shipped to his home in NYC!!
he could not use Bruen as a defense, because he never applied for an assemblers permit
he was charged for each firearm he assemble over a 2 year period, 37 separate charges

There is another thread... @Moderators merge?

Just quickly though, he actually could argue a 2A defense on the grounds that requiring an assemblers permit for exercising a 2A right is unconstitutional.

Older thread with the Judge's statements

There is another thread... @Moderators merge?

Just quickly though, he actually could argue a 2A defense on the grounds that requiring an assemblers permit for exercising a 2A right is unconstitutional.
I watched a 1 hr video from his lawyer that said just that
NY requires anyone who is given such a permit must be of 'good moral character', which the judge said this person was not
then the SHTF since Dexter comes from a good NYC family, graduated from the most prestigious private High School in NYC,
Graduated for GW University with an engineering deg, was a well respected software engineer, was in good standing with his church and a community leader
and to top it off, he is Black
now the Black community who cares little about the 2nd Amendment is up in arms, claiming the NY law is Racist!
his conviction was just on the 16th, but NY already sent him to Rikers
his lawyer has appealed to the US Supreme Court since his family is now under duress
I think NY stepped in it this time

B
I watched a 1 hr video from his lawyer that said just that
NY requires anyone who is given such a permit must be of 'good moral character', which the judge said this person was not
then the SHTF since Dexter comes from a good NYC family, graduated from the most prestigious private High School in NYC,
Graduated for GW University with an engineering deg, was a well respected software engineer, was in good standing with his church and a community leader
and to top it off, he is Black
now the Black community who cares little about the 2nd Amendment is up in arms, claiming the NY law is Racist!
his conviction was just on the 16th, but NY already sent him to Rikers
his lawyer has appealed to the US Supreme Court since his family is now under duress
I think NY stepped in it this time
Wasn't the judge a black woman?

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top