Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Nwfa violations?

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by kevlar, Sep 25, 2009.

1. kevlar

kevlar Mt.Angel Active Member

Seriously I was just checking the classifieds and almost every single add on the front page is violating bump rules. One even got a warning for it ! Then bumped again just to close the thread! I've read the rules! Has anyone else? What are the mods going to do? It would take a serious amount of effort to police the classifieds as they are so busy! But it seems very few are following the rules? Are there any real consequences?

2. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

If you see violations, click the red and white triangle on the left side to report the post to the admins.

3. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

Just report the bump violations if you see them. There are far too many ads moving around here for us mods to notice the violations most of the time. So every set of eyes help.

Thanks!

4. BUZO71

BUZO71 Emerald Valley, Oregon New Member

Wir mussen orden haben!

5. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

We must have a medal?

6. BUZO71

BUZO71 Emerald Valley, Oregon New Member

Ordnung was the word I was looking for (yes, I had to look it up)

7. Trlsmn

Fair enough!

8. tinman

tinman portland Member

I feel you should have a minimum amount of posts to be able to post ads also. I am on a few muscle car sites, another hobby, and you have to have 25-50 posts depending on what site to be able to post an ad. You can reply but not post. Cuts down on people just joining a site to post ads or spam in the for sale section.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
  9. Lars

Lars Clackamas Active Member

The problem with that is people will post a bunch of nonsense to get to their minimum post. Let them post in the classified ads, just keep an eye on them. I've been guilty of bumping too soon, was caught and am now reformed.

10. Trlsmn

This is exactly what happens at a forum I'm on that requires 50 posts.

11. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

That's exactly why we don't have a minimum post count ;)

We've also found that often times people come for the classifieds then stay for the discussion. If they weren't allowed to post in the classifieds most would move on to another site.

12. Lars

Lars Clackamas Active Member

Totally agree Joey. They show up for the money and stay for the company.:D

13. Scott

Scott Battle Ground Well-Known Member

Ifish has a post minimum before you can post to classifieds.

14. Grizzly_A

Grizzly_A Portland Metro Area Member

Exactly....and that's why my first minimum posts were useless, not full of content, and I just spaced them out until I got my minimum and then waiting the 30 days until I could post in the classified.

This site was a refreshing change. But I do believe that members can help police themselves.

15. littlecars

littlecars tacoma wa Member

I came to this site looking for a way to buy sell and trade guns locally, thats all I wanted to do. now I am on hear all the time. I am glad I ran into this site.