JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yea! A box of .22lr to us gun nutz, is like a cube of butter to Rosy Odonnell! Cant get enough, and our hungry guns eat it as fast as you can feed it! Plus theyre apparently worth an arm and a leg nowadays!

I appreciate the thanks, ORBrit! I really havent done that much yet, but if NWFA asks me to coordinate this thing Id be more than happy to do that. I think it would be a pretty cool thing for us to have an annual NWFA Gun Show, maybe at different locations everytime to accomodate as many members as possible. And hopefully get up into Washington as well at some point.

I will be there. Weekend would probably be best.

Dont know if this has already been talked about before, but I was thinking about it and thought Id write a thread to find out.

Could we set up a NWFA Swap Meet/Gun Show, members only, maybe charge 4-5 bucks to get in to help pay for things, and let everyone bring their firearms, ammo, and parts and stuff for sale or trade? Let me know what you think, or if this is a silly idea. Thanks, Rick

Yeah, should definately be a weekend thing. The father we get into this, the more info will be available about it. But for now, at least its looking like a possibility!

Ya, this definitely looks like fun, I'd love to be there. If you need a hand with things, I can help out, otherwise I'm sure there are individuals here who would like helping as well.

I got a message this morning from the event coordinator that I spoke with on friday. I need to know if this is something that NWFA wants to see happen, or if Im just wasting my time. Please let me know ASAP. Thanks.

Not a silly question at all bro, something like that may be the best thing to do. Thats what we need, though, is to get the ideas rollin out here to get a sense of what we're doing. I think thats a great thought!

That's the way to go. You need to find out if you can secure the private party transfer paperwork in a reasonable amount of time before you commit to a date though

Private parties can legally sell guns to each other at an Oregon gunshow without involvement of FFL dealers. It only takes a ten-dollar phone call to the Oregon State Police firearms background check line, including all the ID info of buyer, seller, and gun. This is best done using the State Police "Blue Form" which the seller must keep for ten years. I believe the State Police will mail a pile of forms to anyone putting on a gunshow, or to any citizen who requests some.......................elsullo

Private parties can legally sell guns to each other at an Oregon gunshow without involvement of FFL dealers. It only takes a ten-dollar phone call to the Oregon State Police firearms background check line, including all the ID info of buyer, seller, and gun. This is best done using the State Police "Blue Form" which the seller must keep for ten years. I believe the State Police will mail a pile of forms to anyone putting on a gunshow, or to any citizen who requests some.......................elsullo

Who said they needed a FFL? Just the form and if they can be had from the State Police even better, I am emphasizing that fact that a priority needs to go into the legal aspect first.

Another thing to consider is that a NWFA gunshow would attract WA and Oregon buyers and sellers which put additional legal jeopardy on a sale, these may be obvious to some but it needs to be stated and enforced so that this is a positive experience. Anyone that has been to a Expo gunshow knows that the ATF does attend these events and does try to make stings at these shows.

Since when do private parties require a phone call to the state police to sell firearms?

Sad but true.

A good point someone brought up is to not do FTF deals in parking lots such as Sportsman's Warehouse since you would technically be breaking the law since they have more than 25 guns.

Good point, I've never thought of that one.

We could always have a small show with only 24 guns for sale :p

I got a message this morning from the event coordinator that I spoke with on friday. I need to know if this is something that NWFA wants to see happen, or if Im just wasting my time. Please let me know ASAP. Thanks.

Treemanx, don't know if you're asking the PTB about continuing your efforts or if you're asking us participants, but if it's the latter, then here's a vote for continuing. I think this might be fun and who doesn't like looking at more toys than he owns?

What's a PTB?

I for one am interested in this idea continuing to be developed. I would certainly come to shop. If tables are inexpensive (like $20.00?) and more variety than just guns/knives/ammo/reloading is allowed, then I'd like to have a table. I don't mean junky "flea-market" stuff, but why not also sell "sports-oriented" stuff and tools too? We all probably have a lot of "outdoors" crap to sell off! Perhaps call it a "Sportsman's Swap Meet" for bigger attendance?

I am concerned that somebody could lay out a lot of money to rent the site, then have a lack of attendance bankrupt the idea. I recommend that a reservation not be made UNTIL sufficient PRE-PAID reservations are sold to cover costs, then go forward with specifics. No need to mail tickets; just keep a list of those who pre-paid so they can check in at the door, while others without reservations can enter with cash.

Let's keep this NFW "gunshow" idea simmering until it is perfect. Then NFW can tell us where to send deposits?........................elsullo

What's a PTB?

I for one am interested in this idea continuing to be developed. I would certainly come to shop. If tables are inexpensive (like $20.00?) and more variety than just guns/knives/ammo/reloading is allowed, then I'd like to have a table. I don't mean junky "flea-market" stuff, but why not also sell "sports-oriented" stuff and tools too? We all probably have a lot of "outdoors" crap to sell off! Perhaps call it a "Sportsman's Swap Meet" for bigger attendance?

I am concerned that somebody could lay out a lot of money to rent the site, then have a lack of attendance bankrupt the idea. I recommend that a reservation not be made UNTIL sufficient PRE-PAID reservations are sold to cover costs, then go forward with specifics. No need to mail tickets; just keep a list of those who pre-paid so they can check in at the door, while others without reservations can enter with cash.

Let's keep this NFW "gunshow" idea simmering until it is perfect. Then NFW can tell us where to send deposits?........................elsullo

Pre-Paid is a great idea depending on when it is I'd be there.

Just a thought... but what about a gun show where NONE of the guns were for sale. Just parts and accessories and ammo. People could network and meet other people and if someone has an item they would like to have in the future, contacts could be made for future sales between private parties.

Is that illegal? Just thinking...

PTB= Powers That Be

I like the pre-paid idea also. At least for the first show to make sure there is sufficient interest to cover the expense. As far as the gun display show idea goes, I think that would defeat half the purpose of doing it. Not to say that people shouldnt bring guns just for display, but there should be gun sales also. Thats what we're all about!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top