JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If it decided that people want to do a gunshow/meet and greet,here is a name and number for a guy that is in charge of renting out the armories in the greater portland area: Scott Baker Or. Military Dept. Office # 503-557-5376 I also have his personal if someone wants that also I just didnt want to put it up for anyone on the net to see. Tell him that Dave Shaw gave this info. He's a great guy and easy to deal with and can clarify any legality issues

Last Edited:
If someone would like to do the legwork confirming all the ins and outs of the legal aspects of this, we would definitely be interested in putting this together.

Great idea!

Ok guys, I talked with Scott, and have a better grasp on what is going on here. This is definately do-able! Im going to take a minute and compose my next post, laying out what I discovered..

Some intitial things we need to figure out:

#1 How many vendor tables do we want to accomodate? 50? 100? 200? And when we figure that out, we need to figure out spacing for the tables, and use all that info to settle on a location that fits our needs.

#2 Do we want to have a small fee per table, or make all the table space free for any member to set their stuff up on?

A good example of what we're looking at....

Kliever Armory- 33rd and Marine Dr. Portland, Or.
9000 Square Feet of space, able to fit 100 or more tables with decent sized spacing.
Approx. $700.00 per day, depending on how many of their tables and workers we use.
They require we sign a contract, for waiving they're liability if someone gets injured at our show. They also require we show them proof of insurance to cover that liability. He said the insurance is not expensive for that, and could be added onto someones existing insurance policy very easily. He also said we could tell our members, and post signs, that you are entering the show at your own risk, and NWFA is not liable for any injuries that occur during the show. That will cover NWFA butt, but Scott still needs to have a signed contract, and see proof of liability insurance.

Now, the moment youve all been waiting for!!!

Whats the laws around gun sales at our show????

Scott says he believes that if it is not open to the public, only to members of the NWFA Forum, then we can have private party gun sales, or FFL sales, both will be legal. He said he will double check to make sure that is 100% true for me, and call me back by Monday.

So there you have it folks---did I miss anything?

OH, I forgot to mention that there will be a gun show this weekend at the Kliever Armory on 33rd and Marine Dr., and Scott said to come down to the show to see if the building will fit our needs. So I'll probably be showing up there to check out the space.

To anyone else that wants to go take a look, lets all post a report on how that place might work for us. From what Scott said, we will have alot of options on the location and building size, and they all vary in cost per day. So if the Kliever Armory looks too big for our first show, there will be other available locations that will be smaller and cost less.

I've been there, its quite big. The facilities are nice and all, maybe ~1/4 of the size of the expo center one, but its still pretty sizable. When I went, there were a good 30 different places there. It was about 2x the size of the Hillsboro CollectorsWest show for anyone who has been there.

I found the show to be mostly garbage though. The selection wasn't that great, and most of the dealers were 'garbage brokers' selling boxes of old rusty parts from 1911s and stuff.

OK, well, we're just looking at the space to see if it would work for the NWFA show. Too bad the show there this weekend sounds not so good, but maybe the building will work for ours.

X2 on that show being full of junk there were some decent buys on powder and primers if you knew what you were looking for/at.Ive been there a couple times and yes the facility is nice a little larger than the canby show if anyone has been there.

Manx im glad you got ahold of scott sounds like this idea may end up panning out.So would this show be for members ONLY or could we bring a geust

I guess you would need to get a tally of total people interested in going. Then that would determine whether the $700 (ish) rental would be worth it.

I think it is a great idea. But is there enough interest the first time?

Well, if I should find out all the fine details from Scott on moday. BTW, he seems like a really nice dude. Anyways, Im not sure how bringing a guest would affect the legal aspect, but I think as long as we're not advertising this as a public show, we could still bring guests. Dont quote me on that, I'll have to find out monday for sure.

My one geust would be my dad if not its fine he might be able to sneak in the since he knows a few guys around there.If there is anything you need help with just let me know i have alot of time to do nothing (laid off)

Yeah, maybe if Joey ran a poll here to see what the interest would be, so we could get an idea of how many interested people we have, that would help us figure out the size of the building. But we could ask vendors like Sully and coctailer to show up, and maybe even offer rented booths out to NW Armory, Gun Broker, OFF, OFA, NRA, ect. ect. and really make this thing cool! Probably not everyone that would be interested would have a table, so we'd have to figure out how to separate the interesed vendors from the interested browsers?

This may be a silly question, but why not just get a permit and location secured and shoot out an E-vitation to all members with the location and printable invitation to be brought to the event along with a $4 donation to NWFA?

Not a silly question at all bro, something like that may be the best thing to do. Thats what we need, though, is to get the ideas rollin out here to get a sense of what we're doing. I think thats a great thought!

We could also maybe do a ticket raffle, to win a donated rifle or pistol, or ammo or maybe a coupon for gunsmithing.

I dont know if there may be a firearm or ammo manufacturer, or maybe even a gun shop somewhere in Oregon, who may be willing to donate or do a discount on something like that, but I am willing to make the phone calls required to find out.

Something like that would also get people interested in attending I would think.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top