JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just a thought... but what about a gun show where NONE of the guns were for sale. Just parts and accessories and ammo. People could network and meet other people and if someone has an item they would like to have in the future, contacts could be made for future sales between private parties.

Is that illegal? Just thinking...

Not sure your exact meaning on that, but setting up a deal at a gun show and then selling later without the background check is a very bad idea, seems someone was busted locally for that IIRC.

Just a thought of input... make it a private members only show and if a non-member arrives they can enter but cannot handle, transfer, buy, sell or posses a firearm inside the private gathering but they buy, handle, molest etc... non-firearms (holsters, ninja-lasers etc...)

my 2/100ths of a dollar input.

SF-

Not sure your exact meaning on that, but setting up a deal at a gun show and then selling later without the background check is a very bad idea, seems someone was busted locally for that IIRC.

Yeah I think the law is that if the sale is initiated in a place with 25+ guns it is subject to the background check requirement.

Just thought I would metion it since you guys are talking about having the meet at a range. The clevor armory has a operational range there and I believe that it was previously stated that it would cost around $700 to rent. Just my two little shiny things

That '25 guns equals a gunshow' rule is interesting.
Is this forum an 'online 'gunshow'? I certainly see how the politicos could constru that for their purposes.
I dont want to hijack the thread but being someone with a sale pending from a classified contact here, and not having much experience in selling guns makes me a little nervous.

That '25 guns equals a gunshow' rule is interesting.
Is this forum an 'online 'gunshow'? I certainly see how the politicos could constru that for their purposes.
I dont want to hijack the thread but being someone with a sale pending from a classified contact here, and not having much experience in selling guns makes me a little nervous.

Well with that thinking, then gunbroker would be a gun show ;)

The law is 25 firearms for sale at one physical location/event.

Dont know if this has already been talked about before, but I was thinking about it and thought Id write a thread to find out.

Could we set up a NWFA Swap Meet/Gun Show, members only, maybe charge 4-5 bucks to get in to help pay for things, and let everyone bring their firearms, ammo, and parts and stuff for sale or trade? Let me know what you think, or if this is a silly idea. Thanks, Rick
Although I am fairly new here I think it's an awesome idea ! PLEASE KEEP ME POSTED !

You are probably thinking of the BATF Washington resident that got an Oregon resident (who he met at a Vancouver gun show) to sell him a handgun (or five) at the Oregon resident's home.

some info here: http://www.jpfo.org/smith/smith-justice.htm

more info here: http://www.fights4rights.com/1/bacon.php

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews