JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, I just talked to a buddy of mine, and its not as private as what I thought it was. Its apparently an NRA sanctioned show, at the National Guard base in Portland, the 4th sunday of every month. But I was thinking that show might be a good template for a NWFA show.

First time poster here and enjoying the site. I'd welcome another gunshow in town but you have to keep in mind, the state of Oregon defines "gunshow" as:

"an event where more than 25 firearms are on site and available for transfer".

This quote is from the Oregon blue form which, along with the background check, is required of anyone selling a firearm at a "gunshow" in the state of Oregon. Only time it is not required is when you sell to an FFL dealer. I'm certainly not an attorney but the form makes it pretty clear how they define what a show is and what they expect.

Brian

Well from what I've seen, several of the smaller "collectors" clubs have get togethers and trade/sell guns between each other once a month or so. It seems more legit since they're usually not open to the public.

I wasnt suggesting that we tried to do something illegal here. I just thought if we could model a show after the one at the Guard Base, it might be less trouble than trying to go full blown GUN SHOW. But does anyone know what is involved if we did a full blown show? Probably just gov fees and paperwork, all of which could be covered by the entrance fee I would think.....The show at the Guard Base takes 3 bucks for the cover fee, with no parking fees. The Expo show takes 8 bucks at the door, and has a parking fee. Maybe NWFA could charge 5 bucks to get in, and parking would depend on the rented location. I would think if most of the people registered at this site came both days, thats around $25,000.00 in the pocket of NWFA. That should cover renting a warehouse for two days, gov fees, and a little hired help maybe, and still put a chunk of change into the owners pocket. Whaddawe think?

Lol, didn't realize he was working out of his house.... It would be nice to have it at a gunshop like that though.

I don't see it being 'a few hundred', I imagine it'll be more like 30 or so people, just like the get-togethers we've had in the past.

Yeah, I was just joking man, he may have a shop I dont know. That would be pretty cool also, but I was hopin for something more like a gun show....but maybe its just not a feasable prospect.

While OR and WA gun laws are certainly better than many places the fact that we have to be so worried about whether or not having a NWFA "gunshow" is legal is a pretty bad sign in and of itself... :(

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top