JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
I posted a thread yesterday about a steamroller destroying a bunch of rifles. The title of my thread "was"..........."I can't stand to watch this". Some how during the afternoon. My thread title became...."Steam roller ploughs over thousands of guns". I sent Joe a PM asking what was up and no reply. Why would anybody in admin change my title for no reason. My title was not out of line or violate any rule here. I would at least like an explanation please......................:mad: not happy

Your title wasn't descriptive. I would not have clicked on it. I did read your post under the new title.

"I cant stand to watch this" is like an article called "John Travolta doesn't look like this"

It's sounds like click bait.

I agree that an explanation to you should be forthcoming though.

I would have clicked on it out of pure curiosity........because of the title. I did not know we had set guidelines for titles.

It says right in the rules that your title must be descriptive of the content contained. It just makes the site easier to search and use. Its not censorship, its just house keeping.

And I think Joe is on vacation (I have sent him a few PM's and got no a reply as well.)

Last Edited:
I posted a thread yesterday about a steamroller destroying a bunch of rifles. The title of my thread "was"..........."I can't stand to watch this". Some how during the afternoon. My thread title became...."Steam roller ploughs over thousands of guns". I sent Joe a PM asking what was up and no reply. Why would anybody in admin change my title for no reason. My title was not out of line or violate any rule here. I would at least like an explanation please......................:mad: not happy
Your title was not searchable.
Interesting that the editor is probably not American born.
Yes, a private message with an explanation should have bee sent to you immediately after the editing.

Your original title was click bait...

As a mod, I have to edit LOTS of threads for various reasons. If I delete a thread, I let the OP know what's going on and why. But as much work as it is to even keep the threads in order none of us can send a personal message every time we make an edit or whatever.

BTW, I did not change your thread title, but I did watch that video. What a waste!

I did fix the spelling of it though, and moved this to the correct subforum: Feedback

As a mod, I have to edit LOTS of threads for various reasons. If I delete a thread, I let the OP know what's going on and why. But as much work as it is to even keep the threads in order none of us can send a personal message every time we make an edit or whatever.

BTW, I did not change your thread title, but I did watch that video. What a waste!
A major title change deserved a PM. After all, the OP started a new thread about it.
Minor corrections, no.

So you corrected the spelling in the title of this thread ?

:D

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews