JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Device
Desktop / Laptop - Microsoft Windows
Browser
Google Chrome
Reactions
I enter the title, then move my mouse down to the editor, and suddenly both disappear and I am left with a black title entry field and the list of already existing threads that seem relevant to the title.

Had the same happen when I enter the content in the editor first then go to the title field.

scroll down a bit more to find the editor below the similar thread recommendations.

alternatively try creating a new post using the red new post button.

It did it again.

I entered the title, then I put the cursor in the editor and entered some text and WHAM! The title and editor disappeared and it said no threads match my filter.

I think what is happening is that as I enter the title and go to enter the content, the forum s/w checks for matching threads and when it doesn't find any, it wipes out the title field and editor.

Last Edited:
I think what is happening is that as I enter the title and go to enter the content, the forum s/w checks for matching threads and when it doesn't find any, it wipes out the title field and editor.
I tested this by entering an off topic subject line and had the same result. confirmed.

Then I tried again and it said I had a draft, I selected my draft and it was my off topic subject.

I was able to replicate the issue again, but found it was random. Another off topic test resulted in it letting me type about the off topic subject as normal.

theres definitely a bug.

Note: Linux OS, firefox browser, desktop.

And if I am careful (post content first, then title) and lucky, I can create a new thread. However, then the whole sub forum more or less goes away and I see maybe half a dozen threads remaining for that subforum

Found the bug! This one was tricky. Currently looking into a fix.

In the meantime, use the Post Thread button to take you to the full Post Thread page (rather than the quick thread box above the list of threads).

Enjoy your bug badge @The Heretic :)

The fix for this issue is complex, and to be honest the "quick thread" feature has several drawbacks:
  • It's redundant (the Post Thread button is literally right there).
  • It adds clutter and confusion to the forum view page.
  • It increases page load times.
  • It takes focus away from thread titles.
As of now, I've gone ahead and disabled the quick thread feature. If it ends up being something you truly miss, please submit a suggestion (and if it gets enough votes I'll get to work on bringing it back with a proper fix).

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews