JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just wish NRA (and all the other groups, too) wouldn't print three pages only to say, "the sky is falling, send money". If they kept it to only a single page, I could feed it directly into my paper shredder without even opening the envelope.

Pretty lame, even by the the standards of their endless blizzard of junk mail. I almost certainly wouldn't have noticed because we receive so much bulk mail from them, it all goes into the bin pretty fast. (I've been a member since adolescence and will continue to be so, but the organization really needs some reforming.)

I just wish NRA (and all the other groups, too) wouldn't print three pages only to say, "the sky is falling, send money". If they kept it to only a single page, I could feed it directly into my paper shredder without even opening the envelope.
I get as much from everyone I have ever dealt with. The bottom line is that someone, somewhere, wants your money.

I too have to sigh at this over the top, sky if falling stuff from them. Still support them but mailing like this just goes in the trash unopened. Given how so many gun owners talk on the net though I guess I can see why they think this works. Look how many gun owners go on line every day to try to keep yelling the sky really is falling? This election will be just like when Obama won. In a year and a half we will be looking at 1/3 of the Senate and all of the house running again. The world as we know it is not going to end in the next 18 months. :s0092:

They need to send out two pages with these mailings. Label one "For those who react to panic!!!" They could fill this page with all their sky-is-falling, Chicken Little, give us all your money rhetoric.

The other they could label "For those who react to logic...", and have a logical thinking accountant or someone lay out the specifics of what's going on, and what they plan to do about it.

I know, in a perfect world... :)

They should send out a mailer listing their accomplishments on behalf of gun owners. Which lawsuits they funded, the result of that lawsuit, which bills they lobbied against that didn't pass, etc.

From what I can tell the Second Amendment Foundation is more focused on results and productivity than the NRA is.

Anyone remember back in the late 90's when they sent out a fund raising letter to everyone via certified mail? That was a classic move! Lol....

What do you guys think?

I got that one too and immediately thought to myself "Wow, that's over-the-top."

But the NRA, god bless them, seems to favor that type of "intensity" in their image.

Capture.JPG

Excuse me if I am wrong, but isn't advertising like this why a lot of people have such an issue with how the NRA presents themselves?

I took an NRA RSO course last year. It took me about 4 weeks (maybe a slight exaggeration) to find where on their website I could get my certification card, of which most time was spent trying to get past the fundraising firewalls.

Not a big fan of WLP, can't afford him, any more than could afford my ex-wives. Feels pretty much the same.

I'm an Endowment Life member and I've been an RSO for about 8 years. At least I was. Apparently my certification expired and I was given no notice. I'm not going to give the NRA another cent of my money, so I guess I'll let the RSO cert go.

The NRA, and most especially WLP, may freely consume the legumes from my excrement.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top