JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What do you guys think?

m6ldrcz3fl961.jpg

Well with NRA on the envelope I automatically see it as what it is and can almost tell you what it says inside. NOW if it had no NRA seal and a gov. seal maybe but even then it wouldnt state confiscation on the front like that, just sayin.

I see it as a weak attempt at soliciting funds.
Not a big fan of over the top dramatic messages.

Not saying that we shouldn't be on the alert for motions to confiscate firearms...
But the big notice on side of the envelope and the NRA Address on the other...
It just screams : "We want yer money" , to me at least.

Also please note that the above is not a slam at the NRA....I am a life member.
Its just my take on the item shown.
Andy

NRA has been pulling this type of fear-mongering tactic for decades, all to get you to send more money to enrichen Wayne Lapierre and his likes.

They need to write "GIVE US MONEY TO SPEND ON SUITS, DRUGS AND VACATION HOMES!" to be a little more accurate.

Last call I voluntarily took from them they literally said "If you dont donate, Obama is going to do an executive order to confiscate your guns." No he is not (and didnt) and I know he cant because of 5th grade government class.

Just like the AMA tries to trick me into sending them money by sending me a "dues notice" every 2 weeks for the last 20 years like I owe them money.

Not a big fan of over the top dramatic messages
It's our side's version of pearl clutching and I'm also not a fan.
I feel (and l use that word advisedly) like it's a ham-handed manipulation. That they think I'm too stupid to grasp the subtlety and nuance of the actual facts so they have to resort to hyperbole in order for me to react.
What they say isn't wrong... yes, there WILL be attempts to enact control schemes and outright confiscation will be on the table. Yes, we need lobbyists and lawyers on our side to fight it. Yes, those things cost money.
But l don't read comic books and l don't need them sent to my mailbox as a solicitation. Grow up, NRA.

I see it as a weak attempt at soliciting funds.
Not a big fan of over the top dramatic messages.

Not saying that we shouldn't be on the alert for motions to confiscate firearms...
But the big notice on side of the envelope and the NRA Address on the other...
It just screams : "We want yer money" , to me at least.

Also please note that the above is not a slam at the NRA....I am a life member.
Its just my take on the item shown.
Andy
I agree. Personally I think that the NRA desperately, desperately needs a serious overhaul and housecleaning. Their effectiveness has been damaged dramatically by Wayne and co.. Perhaps they could have been more effective in November, had they had their much needed housecleaning back when the coup was attempted.

There appears to be nothing anyone can do about it, as La Pierre is Sovereign in his kingdom. I fear that if he continues to be so, and stubbornly refuses to step down for the good of the organization, it will crumble into irrelevance around him. Is this guy so arrogant as to let that happen?

I agree. Personally I think that the NRA desperately, desperately needs a serious overhaul and housecleaning. Their effectiveness has been damaged dramatically by Wayne and co.. Perhaps they could have been more effective in November, had they had their much needed housecleaning back when the coup was attempted.

There appears to be nothing anyone can do about it, as La Pierre is Sovereign in his kingdom. I fear that if he continues to be so, and stubbornly refuses to step down for the good of the organization, it will crumble into irrelevance around him. Is this guy so arrogant as to let that happen?

Agree completely. Until that self-serving SOB WLP is gone the NRA won't get a damn dime from me, and I say that as a life member. My support will go to the 2AF.

And like you guys, I'm not an NRA hater. I strongly support the mission and think it would be disastrous for the NRA to just "go away". They are the bid dog in the fight, and they have the infrastructure and organization.

It's so frustrating to see the leadership run an absolutely essential organization into the ground, out of pure stubborn arrogance and selfishness.

Reminds me of the car warranty marketing BS.

Surprised they don't start putting a Nickle in the envelop so I can't shred it without Fing up my shredder.

Eh, shock tactics and long form sales letters just don't do it for me. Get to the point: I'm busy and I have a low tolerance for begging.

The NRA feels dated to me - like they haven't changed marketing tactics or looked into capturing a future crop of upcoming shooters, or anyone under 40 for that matter. Just my opinion.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top