JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The question I asked still has not been answered what has the NRA accomplished at the state level for Oregon?

Refer to above for the most recent.

Perhaps you were for IP43? Ready to start gathering signatures?

I also had standing to appeal as I personally wrote 40 letters in opposition and mailed them via USPS.

The same week, NRA fundraisers called me and wanted more money (I'm a life member). They got a solid 10 minute rant from me that they needed to stand up in Oregon before I gave them anything. I have always found them weak and told them so.

I was pleasantly surprised to see their appeal the next week (I'm sure it was already in the works and I had nothing to do with it).

I'm not a huge fan, but they are doing SOMETHING.

What, uh, have you done that's comparable here in the Beaver State?

Those "other" organizations are amature newcomers that few people have even heard of. When the NRA representative shows up to testify to Congress or some other organization, people pay attention.....they are backed by 5 million votes. We have freedom to send our money wherever we want.....bump stocks should never have been legal in the first place, they should have been considered the same as an autosear that was legal at one time until installed on a semi auto rifle. They were deemed legal in the first place because of pressure brought on by the NRA. They were only used by the bonehead shooters that trash public (and private) lands with ridiculous magazine dumps in any event and very few real ranges even allowed them. We were very close to removing suppressors from oversight by the NFA when that idiot shot up the Las Vegas concert......now that would have been valueable but with the uproar over bump stocks and a high profile criminal mass shooter it was moved to the back burner. The NRA will move it back to the forefront when the time is right.......none of those silly other organizations have the power to even sit in Congress and make things like that happen.........I can see the OFF or GOA calling the President......he would say "Who are you?"..... but he wouldn't take there call in the first place so the conversation is moot in any event. I don't agree with everything the NRA does.......but it is the best we have and no one is going to supersede them any time soon.
Disagree banning bumpstocks is gun control call it what it is.

Disagree banning bumpstocks is gun control call it what it is.
So was the NFA of 1934........what's your point? That battle was lost long before you were around. Bumpstocks are not the Hill I want to die on. I would recommend saving your passion and energy for a more important subject......or are you a bumpstock manufacturer?

The question I asked still has not been answered what has the NRA accomplished at the state level for Oregon?
It certainly has been answered. The NRA, the OOC, OFF and I believe the OHA all filed appeals of the ballot title for IP43. That effectively killed the measure because it stopped signature gathering until they ran out of time. Say thank you to all of those organizations and send them money. They are your friends.

I think they are saying they are hurting financially because they are suing NY state. They need to show they were "Damaged" by NY's actions or something in order for the lawsuit to be valid.

So was the NFA of 1934........what's your point? That battle was lost long before you were around. Bumpstocks are not the Hill I want to die on. I would recommend saving your passion and energy for a more important subject......or are you a bumpstock manufacturer?

Bumpstocks arent the hill I want to die on either... but I expect a fight when something is being arbitrarily banned.... used ONE TIME in a crime and everyone wants to sell out.

Its not the stock... its the bigger picture. Allowing them to ban something for no good reason is accepting the an inanimate object is at fault. Bumpstocks now... folding stocks tomorrow... then what?

NOW, I would have given them bumpstocks as a compromise for national reciprocity or removal of suppressors from the NFA... but never AGREE with them and allow a ban to take place on THEIR terms. We can disagree with them yet cede some ground in favor of better gains.... giving up a pawn to take their rook.

NRA? They are necessary... a necessary evil maybe... but they are the force in DC. We may not be facing any threats on the national level... so I would expect NRA to help out in state level issues right now. But in general, I dont consider them anything more than a schmooz machine in DC and a boogeyman for the left... and thats good enough for me to maintain at least a basic membership and give the rest to local organizations.

Make no mistake... we will lose our rights at the state level NOT federal. We will lose it faster on the ballot than in the legislature. We cannot rest for a moment.

To me OFF and GOA will simply take over for the NRA. The NRA is not the only game in town. The NRA simply forgot about the average citizen and doesn't much care unless your a politician that's willing to take their money. To me our politicians get enough of my money already. When the NRA was willing to ban bump fire stocks was the last straw. Just my opinion.
I was not happy with them throwing bump
Me too but it hasn't fared well from the Caveman abuse...:p
Caveman abuse?

Bumpstocks arent the hill I want to die on either... but I expect a fight when something is being arbitrarily banned.... used ONE TIME in a crime and everyone wants to sell out.

Its not the stock... its the bigger picture. Allowing them to ban something for no good reason is accepting the an inanimate object is at fault. Bumpstocks now... folding stocks tomorrow... then what?

NOW, I would have given them bumpstocks as a compromise for national reciprocity or removal of suppressors from the NFA... but never AGREE with them and allow a ban to take place on THEIR terms. We can disagree with them yet cede some ground in favor of better gains.... giving up a pawn to take their rook.

NRA? They are necessary... a necessary evil maybe... but they are the force in DC. We may not be facing any threats on the national level... so I would expect NRA to help out in state level issues right now. But in general, I dont consider them anything more than a schmooz machine in DC and a boogeyman for the left... and thats good enough for me to maintain at least a basic membership and give the rest to local organizations.

Make no mistake... we will lose our rights at the state level NOT federal. We will lose it faster on the ballot than in the legislature. We cannot rest for a moment.
You have missed the issue........it is the public perception of something silly like bump stocks. It has the potential to make we pro-gunner types look pretty silly to the general public. We are in a political world and the optics of an un regulated automatic weapon (or conversion) freely sold to the public have to be dealt with. They were made legal by a simple bureaucratic ruling and can be made illegal just as easily. The law can go either way.....so no changes in statute are nessisary. Like the garbage passed by Obama by "executive order" an executive order can countermand the rule. If it is something written in law, passed by vote of our representives and signed by the executive, it would have to go through the repeal process. If we stand for something as stupid as bumpstocks, we will loose credibility for the next time an important gun issue comes up. (Like suppressors)

I get what you're saying, but considering the uninformed public you're concerned about.....

These same people think you're just as silly fighting against assault weapon bans.

On the surface, how silly and arbitrary is a pistol grip or a folding stock?
To the uninformed and uninterested... You're just another hillbilly gun nut racist baby killing NRA member when you fight against restricting detatchable magazines.

Efforts at appeasement never work when your adversary has a stated goal of destoroying you.

Gun grabbers are like North Korean dictators... They'll do or say anything to get what they want, once they have it... The nice guy routine goes away.

So yeah, I've got news for you... You look silly to the general public when you oppose banning any feature.
Especially in the wake of a tragedy when everyone is hypersensitive and virtue signalling.

All for nothing.
Like that dickhead that sawed his original Colt SP1 in half on YouTube... I bet he kicks himself every morning for that stunt.

If you're saving your energy for fighting an all out ban... You're wasting your time. The ban will happen piece by piece, state by state.

Or if you're one of these guys who thinks he's going to shoot it out when they come for your guns... Get real.

We have to fight every fight. Compromise when advantageous but never cede the moral high ground or sell out the core of our righteous exercise of God given, constitutionally recognized rights.

Please educate me exactly what has the NRA done at the state level for the state of Oregon?
Unfortunately I am not able to elucidate anyone without their consent to be enlightened. Nor am I selfish enough to believe Oregon is the center of the universe with the rest of the US inconsequential and no affect for our problems. Since Oregon was only a state for 12 years at the time the NRA started in NY in 1871. one cant be surprised were sucking the hind tit on a budget spread thin. Our national vote falls short of impressing anyone either but we keep voting. (I do anyway) I did not join the NRA for what I could get. I joined for what I have seen they have done over the last sixty years of my life on a national level starting with my firearm education in 1950 here in Oregon. While I did not tally all the NRA positives I encountered over my lifetime it would make no difference to those unwilling to be persuaded by them had I done so.

Just a few recent unimpressive things for you:

Oregon State Friends of NRA Scholarships

The Oregon State Friends of NRA is proud to renew its Scholarship Program for 2018. Fifteen scholarships will be awarded again this year in the following manner: 1st– 3rd place $4,000 each; 4th–9th place $2,000 each; 10th–15th $1,000 each. These Oregon Friends of NRA scholarships can be used toward college or technical / vocational school expenses.

Youth Education Summit:
upload_2018-8-5_9-57-13.jpg
Y.E.S. programs are Oregon, Texas, West Virginia, and Virginia.

Helping Oregon help itself:
The National Rifle Association today announced the filing of a joint legal challenge with the Oregon Hunters Association to contest the state of Oregon's Initiative Petition 43, which seeks to ban commonly owned semi-automatic firearms and standard-capacity magazines.
Sorry, no NRA hat, no knife and no gym bag. But you do get a fine magazine which speaks louder and clearer than I on all the current NRA events both political and educational which are definitely worth reading.

To me OFF and GOA will simply take over for the NRA. The NRA is not the only game in town. The NRA simply forgot about the average citizen and doesn't much care unless your a politician that's willing to take their money. To me our politicians get enough of my money already. When the NRA was willing to ban bump fire stocks was the last straw. Just my opinion.
OFF is the OREGON Firearms Federation. They cannot take the place of the NRA. GOA has been AWOL many times when it comes to protecting our rights.

I get what you're saying, but considering the uninformed public you're concerned about.....

These same people think you're just as silly fighting against assault weapon bans.

To the uninformed and uninterested... You're just another hillbilly gun nut racist baby killing NRA member when you fight against restricting detatchable magazines.

Efforts at appeasement never work when your adversary has a stated goal of destoroying you.

Gun grabbers are like North Korean dictators... They'll do or say anything to get what they want, once they have it... The nice guy routine goes away.

So yeah, I've got news for you... You look silly to the general public when you oppose banning any feature.
Especially in the wake of a tragedy when everyone is hypersensitive and virtue signalling.

All for nothing.
Like that dickhead that sawed his original Colt SP1 in half on YouTube... I bet he kicks himself every morning for that stunt.

If you're saving your energy for fighting an all out ban... You're wasting your time. The ban will happen piece by piece, state by state.

Or if you're one of these guys who thinks he's going to shoot it out when they come for your guns... Get real.

We have to fight every fight. Compromise when advantageous but never cede the moral high ground or sell out the core of our righteous exercise of God given, constitutionally recognized rights.

All for nothing.

how not thinking can get you into trouble.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews