JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
when they hounded me by phone and mail solicitation to fight the good fight against the democrat gun grabbers & then sent me a post card telling me to fight my own battles and write my congressman, I was vocal about how this isnt your grandads NRA its just another a cash machine for the elites running the scam and now they are out of cash....surprise surprise

I will continue to donate to those entities that are fighting for MY rights here in this state

All of the evidence the article cites is from a court filing. I would of course expect the NRA to present their case that way in a lawsuit against New York State when seeking damages, but I suspect the actual reality is that there is nothing to worry about.

Please educate me exactly what has the NRA done at the state level for the state of Oregon?
They filed an appeal against the ballot title for IP43 in the OR supreme court in June. I was a commenter, so I had standing to file an appeal, but I let them spend their $4000 rather than spending my own $4000 to file. That's what they are here for, and why we should keep supporting them.

They filed an appeal against the ballot title for IP43 in the OR supreme court in June. I was a commenter, so I had standing to file an appeal, but I let them spend their $4000 rather than spending my own $4000 to file. That's what they are here for, and why we should keep supporting them.
It is my understanding that 43 would have been dismissed even if the NRA had not filed.

It is my understanding that 43 would have been dismissed even if the NRA had not filed.
We ran them out of time to collect signatures. Were you willing to let them put it on the ballot, make it law, and then hope to somehow overturn it? Can I borrow a cup of optimism? You seem to have more than your fair share.

We ran them out of time to collect signatures. Were you willing to let them put it on the ballot, make it law, and then hope to somehow overturn it? Can I borrow a cup of optimism? You seem to have more than your fair share.
The question isn't what I was willing to do its about wether the NRA is serving a purpose at the state level and my contention is that they are not.

Y'all keep throwing rocks at national organizations who fight for your rights and pretty soon you'll be all alone before an angry mob.
Bloomberg and his gun-hungry mob of angry moms aren't going to give up. They'll fight at the state and national level.
You no longer have as many friends in this fight as you once did.

If you aren't already a member of the NRA I suggest you join.
That's just MHO.

But I prefer the fight for my gun rights to take place in a far-off courtroom rather than in my front yard.

I would buy another lifetime membership if I could afford it. I am watching my former co-workers turn so far left leaning I literally need to find new people to use as professional references. All of them have taken the venom and think the NRA is the enemy.

to improve my mood I will noodle over how much better this great nation can be when politicians stop prostituting themselves and we had term limits and no benefits that exist beyond the period of service.

well maybe the top echelon of the NRA arent worth the millions they are paid ....ya think? no cash for the people but they are paid million dollar salaries.......mismanagement

$24 million for printing and shipping ya that didnt pay off apparently....all I got was a post card

I doubt many here hate the NRA, but the nra lost its direction spending too much time counting the cash.
just like the crap our government has become the last 40 years so has the NRA, it too needs the apple cart kicked over

hey Donald financial mismanagement over here at the NRA.....we need another WIN...... interested? Mr President :p

Cash is the ammunition of politics and the NRA is mostly a political organization. So, JRUBY....Oregon didn't benefit from the positive Supreme Court and ATF rulings in the last 20 years? Are you nuts. The state voters like you have not demonstrated any ability to protect yourself even from a little wimp like Kate Brown. You have to do your part.......and part of that is supporting the NRA........every anti gun law being crafted right now is very careful to get around the second amendment and case law that was established by some NRA lawyer. Why do you think they have become such a target? If they were ineffective no one would even mention them.

Last Edited:
Cash is the ammunition of politics and the NRA is mostly a political organization. So, JRUBY....Oregon didn't benefit from the positive Supreme Court and ATF rulings in the last 20 years? Are you nuts. The state voters like you have not demonstrated any ability to protect yourself even from a little wimp like Kate Brown. You have to do your part.......and part of that is supporting the NRA........every anti gun law being crafted right now is very careful to get around the second amendment and case law that was established by some NRA lawyer. Why do you think they have become such a target? If they were ineffective no one would even mention them.
The NRA was only to willing to pass gun legislation with the ban of bump fire stocks. I will put my money into OFF and GOA. When I see the NRA taking an active role in state politics I will support them once again until then they can pack sand.

Also I am not asking the NRA for donations so they d@mn sure better be doing something than giving guns away and having convwntions.

Last Edited:
The NRA was only to willing to pass gun legislation with the ban of bump fire stocks. I will put my money into OFF and GOA. When I see the NRA taking an active role in state politics I will support them once again until then they can pack sand.

Also I am not asking the NRA for donations so they d@mn sure better be doing something than giving guns away and having convwntions.
Those "other" organizations are amature newcomers that few people have even heard of. When the NRA representative shows up to testify to Congress or some other organization, people pay attention.....they are backed by 5 million votes. We have freedom to send our money wherever we want.....bump stocks should never have been legal in the first place, they should have been considered the same as an autosear that was legal at one time until installed on a semi auto rifle. They were deemed legal because of pressure brought on by the NRA. They were only used by the bonehead shooters that trash public (and private) lands with ridiculous magazine dumps in any event and very few real ranges even allowed them. We were very close to removing suppressors from oversight by the NFA when that idiot shot up the Las Vegas concert......now that would have been valueable but with the uproar over bump stocks and a high profile criminal mass shooter it was moved to the back burner. The NRA will move it back to the forefront when the time is right.......none of those silly other organizations have the power to even sit in Congress and make things like that happen.........I can see the OFF or GOA calling the President......he would say "Who are you?"..... but he wouldn't take there call in the first place so the conversation is moot in any event. I don't agree with everything the NRA does.......but it is the best we have and no one is going to supersede them any time soon.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads