JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's rolling stone, not what I would call honest unbiased journalism! Still, the NRA has mighty deep pockets thanks to the memberships and Corp. Sponsorships, so the thought that they are a sinking ship is a sort of long shot, but still................

Who knows!

The NRA will most likely release a statement on whether or not this article is credible any day. I think it's a smear campaign to get members and future members to not donate to a dying dog. Even if they are in trouble...I'll give them money until they close their doors.

The NRA will most likely release a statement on whether or not this article is credible any day. I think it's a smear campaign to get members and future members to not donate to a dying dog. Even if they are in trouble...I'll give them money until they close their doors.
I would say smear campaign based on first part of article
"The reason, according to the NRA filing, is not its deep entanglement with alleged Russian agents like Maria Butina. Instead, the gun group has been suing New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo and the state's financial regulators since May, claiming the NRA has been subject to a state-led "blacklisting campaign" that has inflicted "tens of millions of dollars in damages."

I don't know, I bought a full price lifetime membership and they sent me a letter Thursday saying they are in need. They do stretch a bit thin, need some partners to share coverage for the zone defense.

I don't know, I bought a full price lifetime membership and they sent me a letter Thursday saying they are in need. They do stretch a bit thin, need some partners to share coverage for the zone defense.
On the one hand, I see this point; on the other, it would help if they'd actually *cooperate* more with other groups like SAF, GOA, JPFO. Instead of insisting on "squashing the rivals" and being the "lone wolf" only-game-in-town, be content with being the "big dog" leading the pack and coordinate strategies based on each org's unique strengths and skillsets.

Well....
upload_2018-8-4_5-6-28.jpeg

Like a televangelist, they are always "in need" of more money for whatever reason. :rolleyes:

If they are indeed in financial trouble, maybe they need to look to their budget.

Sounds to me like the typical hyperbole involved in filing a lawsuit. One required element in a lawsuit is damages. It's in the NRA's best interest to paint its situation as dire due to NY's interference. I think they have a very good case. The situation could be used as a textbook example of the cause of action:
Tortious interference with business relationships occurs where the tortfeasor intentionally acts to prevent someone from successfully establishing or maintaining business relationships with others. This tort may occur when one party knowingly takes an action that causes a second party not to enter into a business relationship with a third party that otherwise would probably have occurred.

The above situation are actionable only if someone with actual knowledge of, and intent to interfere with, an existing contract or expectancy between other parties, acts improperly with malicious intent and actually interferes with the contract/expectancy, causing economic harm.

Last Edited:
Fox News link: NRA sues New York officials for hurting ability to operate

The NRA says it's losing millions because of NY state blacklists. Apparently donations aren't enough, and they need to sell services to survive.

Sounds like they got too big for their own good and need a reality check.

Reality check? Says you.
The reality is, a tornado's blowing a town load of debris at them (not just them but us too) and dodging is becoming really difficult with many who claim they have their back are hidden some where and no where to be found..
There are those who see, and those who do not. Arguably this comes from both sides of the fence
so for clarification, I'm NRA regardless of ones view from the fence and will continue not just to do what I can... but appreciate all the NRA has done for me.

Reality check? Says you.
The reality is, a tornado's blowing a town load of debris at them (not just them but us too) and dodging is becoming really difficult with many who claim they have their back are hidden some where and no where to be found..
There are those who see, and those who do not. Arguably this comes from both sides of the fence
so for clarification, I'm NRA regardless of ones view from the fence and will continue not just to do what I can... but appreciate all the NRA has done for me.
Please educate me exactly what has the NRA done at the state level for the state of Oregon?

To me OFF and GOA will simply take over for the NRA. The NRA is not the only game in town. The NRA simply forgot about the average citizen and doesn't much care unless your a politician that's willing to take their money. To me our politicians get enough of my money already. When the NRA was willing to ban bump fire stocks was the last straw. Just my opinion.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top