JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Gun violence is a general term that should be broken down into 2 categories. Criminal gun violence and NECESSARY gun violence.

OK in that context I would call the first violence and the second defense not violence.

You will never change the minds of those running Seattle,right now.Seattlites will have to clean house before there is a different agenda.

All we can do,as those living out of King Co,is make sure they don't pollute the rest of the state with there ideals.Keep our elected officials on our side.
We let it go and they start creeping their ideals to our people,then we will go down hill on this issue.

Other than that,I'll vote with my wallet and not visit Seattle for any reason. Let them outlaw guns in Seattle and watch the crime rate go up.

Yeah, I'm rather disappointed with some of the reactions to a serious question that is going to plague us, and if we don't get a grip on it, it just might get a grip on us.

Mr. Workman, you're a serious man who's writing I read in MANY publications. If my reaction(A joke, obviously) disappointed you, I apologize. However, we beat these folks upside the head with FACTS and they still tell us about "gun violence". Violence is just that, VIOLENCE. No matter how many lives are saved by guns, all we will hear about for ten more years is Jared Laughner(pardon me if my spelling is incorrect. The Arizona shooter.) and we still have to hear about what Harris & Kliebold did. When James O. Huberty gets brought up, all we hear about are the people he shot, not the fact that one armed citizen could have stopped his massacre from reaching a 20+ body count.

With that, here is my serious reaction: Violence is violence is violence is violence. A gun, a knife, a toaster, that pneumatic thing that Javier Bardem used in No Country For Old Men, a pillow, rope, GMC flatbed pickup, anything made by Boeing. All of these have been and will be used in the committance of a murder.

You shold know as well(better, even) as most of us that you can sit the anti's in front of facts, testimony and statistics proving that an armed society is a polite one and when they leave, they will look at each other and pray for our poor, lost souls because we obviously can't understand that by turning in our weapons, no one in America will ever die. We(and when I say we, I mean YOU! You, Mr. Workman are the one putting up the good fight and it is YOUR voice that is heard.) have tried to "get a grip on it" for some time. When Tipper Gore and Sarah Brady are gone, someone will take their place. The same way someone took the place of Charlton Heston and
Jeff Cooper. I try to stress reason upon the anti's in my "circle". When I go, those principles will be passed on by my son.

In my opinion, talk to your neighbors. excuse the cliche', but a "grass roots" effort will help ease this nonsense. The media will NEVER support gun ownership as it is now and as it was prior to the '34, '68 and '86 bans. BUT, gun ownership is up. New gun owners are up. I personally have persuaded about 8 people that never owned a firearm to shoot with me. When they truly grasped the fact that not only is it good, old fashioned American fun, but also a means to protect their children, they have thanked me. Some of those people have become avid shooter's and collectors.

For us to be armed is a threat to those in power. Hence, the continuing(attempted) restrictions on our rights. Your neighbors, someone at church, a coworker, a friend that has never held a gun. Those are the people that we need to sway. Swaying those "in charge" will never happen. Maybe that's the grip that we need on this. To take it upon ourselves to educate those around us. Kip.

Gun violence is about as rare as voter fraud. These are both terms created to confuse the public into pointing blame somewhere else.

On the other hand, gang violence and election fraud are common occurrences, but the media keeps those quiet.

So we are going to argue dictionary definitions while the politicians vote in new gun control for Seattle and possibly WA? Excellent.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top