JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In the last 30 years or so, we've had a handful of great gardening summers, rated by how many tomatters you harvested and if your corn actually matured and was edible. More normal is a couple of beautiful weeks in June, the newbies get excited and plant their garden, mother nature switches it back to cold drizzly if not monsoon rain until, it seems like the end of June. So, just in case this is the new norm, I'm getting a new and larger garden plot ready for next year.

I turn the AC on full blast (a setting called "Max AC" on the temp dial button) and it blasts the AC air thru the dash vents with a high fan velocity. I do that when getting into the car when it has been sitting in the sun and is hot, then once cooler inside I turn it down gradually - I set the vents for dash and windshield, maybe my feet if my feet are hot. I keep the sun roof closed because that makes it hotter - my car has a roof over that window that closes for that purpose, in my daughter's Audi I can feel the heat even with the shade on the sun roof closed.

I wish they made a cooling steering wheel - I can deal with a very cold steering wheel, but one that is hot is painful. I sometimes have to put water on it.
I put a pair of leather gloves in my car a couple summers ago--damn steering wheel was burning my hands

I love the green type folks (writing the article) freak out when weather changes.. as if weather is some kinf of predictable constant. And it always follows some mild 1 week or 3 day heat spike like its the end of the world.

Just wait until 2030 when the moon messes wirh the tides.. they'll hide that info and prop up climate change as the cause. Just like they are tryint ro do with these fires or floods.. forgetting the fact that now more than ever we have people living in higher and higher risk areas while doing nothing as means of preventative measures (forestry/logging/clearing services, better water drainage.etc)

I love the green type folks (writing the article) freak out when weather changes.. as if weather is some kinf of predictable constant. And it always follows some mild 1 week or 3 day heat spike like its the end of the world.

Just wait until 2030 when the moon messes wirh the tides.. they'll hide that info and prop up climate change as the cause. Just like they are tryint ro do with these fires or floods.. forgetting the fact that now more than ever we have people living in higher and higher risk areas while doing nothing as means of preventative measures (forestry/logging/clearing services, better water drainage.etc)
So now there is some actual science we can look at- the cycle of the moon's orbit and how it affects our earthly tides. But then.....who do we point the finger at?

This spring I finally got around to tinting the windows in my commute car. I knew I should have done it a couple years ago but kept putting it off. Man it was something I will not wait for next time. Day time when its hot it helps a LOT. Night time the headlight glare on my old eyes is SO much easier now.

This spring I finally got around to tinting the windows in my commute car. I knew I should have done it a couple years ago but kept putting it off. Man it was something I will not wait for next time. Day time when its hot it helps a LOT. Night time the headlight glare on my old eyes is SO much easier now.
I've been thinking of doing that since I bought my car 5 years ago

If this latest repair doesn't bankrupt me I may have it done

I've been thinking of doing that since I bought my car 5 years ago

If this latest repair doesn't bankrupt me I may have it done
As soon as you do its one of those "why did I wait" kind of things. It's not a big deal to do it yourself if you want to save a little. I had watched how its done and it's pretty strait forward, just figured, no, I am not and bendy and flexible anymore so I will let someone younger than me do it and do it right the first time. :s0140:

As soon as you do its one of those "why did I wait" kind of things. It's not a big deal to do it yourself if you want to save a little. I had watched how its done and it's pretty strait forward, just figured, no, I am not and bendy and flexible anymore so I will let someone younger than me do it and do it right the first time. :s0140:
I am a famous procrastinator, especially when it comes to spending money

My blackberry bush (only one) has gone ballistic. I do water the bush every three days (it's on the system). So far it has yielded six quarts of berry Juice (no pulp) and I've only collected about a tenth of fruit. Point of interest: the temps have been in the triple digit range for the past couple of weeks and they will continue per the weather readers! I may look a bit Smurf like by the end of August!

My blackberry bush (only one) has gone ballistic. I do water the bush every three days (it's on the system). So far it has yielded six quarts of berry Juice (no pulp) and I've only collected about a tenth of fruit. Point of interest: the temps have been in the triple digit range for the past couple of weeks and they will continue per the weather readers! I may look a bit Smurf like by the end of August!
Dafuq! People water Blackberries??? Those things are the indestructible cockroaches of the plant kingdom.

They always say the hottest day since some time, usually a hundred years ago. What they fail to note in their ravings is that the world didn't end after that 100 year old event. It was a freak weather event. They happen. If this heat dome event happens every summer for the next few years, then I will be concerned.
Heat spells, drought cycles and ice ages are all part of this dynamic world we live on. These ninnies soiling themselves over a single heat event aren't worth my time.
Hey man, yer harshin my snowflake.

Spoken like a true oregano! But not familiar with living in the Boise desert!
We've been here in SW Idaho 3-1/2 years, so not quite sure what is normal, but it seems like we've been 95-105 for a long time now, and cannot remember the last time we had rain.

The worst part is we are surrounded by a few thousand acres of corn, alfalfa and potatoes, and the 24/7 irrigation has made the mosquito situation almost unbearable....even the neighborhoods in Emmett, Star and Middleton than get mosquito fogging are still plagued with those demonic insects

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top