JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So now there is some actual science we can look at- the cycle of the moon's orbit and how it affects our earthly tides. But then.....who do we point the finger at?
It'll still be "Capitalist's" and "Republicans" I would think. Oh, and Trump.

Arizona's summer has been pretty mild this year but I could do without the fires
I was born in yuma, "mild" isn't how I would describe ANY summer in arizona. My family moved to CA when I was 7 years old. I was sent back every summer. Was put on a passenger train in L.A., arrived in Yuma in the early a.m. Grandma would pick me up at the station. Would drive across town past the bank clock that would show the temp/time, it would be in the 90's at 3am.

By the time I was in my teens I figured out my parents were trying to kill me.

I was born in yuma, "mild" isn't how I would describe ANY summer in arizona. My family moved to CA when I was 7 years old. I was sent back every summer. Was put on a passenger train in L.A., arrived in Yuma in the early a.m. Grandma would pick me up at the station. Would drive across town past the bank clock that would show the temp/time, it would be in the 90's at 3am.

By the time I was in my teens I figured out my parents were trying to kill me.
I've lived in AZ for 50 years & I recall sweating myself to sleep in the summertime cause Dad was too cheap to run the A/C any lower than 80--of course Mom & Dad had a ceiling fan while us kids did without

Meanwhile, in Lewiston, where hot dry summers keep mosquitos away......
I haven't seen a mosquito around here, since my sister's last visit 3 yrs ago...
....she's from Winnipeg where they grow 'em reeeeallly big. I'm thinking it was probably hiding in her luggage?

It was no big deal though... my wife took it out with a couple of12g slugs to the head, after it knocked over the pool-table and then made our Rottweiler run away peeing itself. :s0155:

Last Edited:
July in Oregon really isn't the hottest month in my old memory. August gets hot so expect to cook until September. 9 times out of ten we had heavy rain at the state fair :s0093:

Every vehicle I buy that is the only thing I demand or its a deal breaker. I want AC. I HATE the noise of driving with windows down. So I pretty much don't care about anything else but, vehicle has to have AC for me.
Our dealership has the air conditioner dialed down to the "meat locker" setting in regards to how cold it is and I leave work driving with the window(s) down because it is so freaking cold at work…..

Our dealership has the air conditioner dialed down to the "meat locker" setting in regards to how cold it is and I leave work driving with the window(s) down because it is so freaking cold at work…..
That's something isn't it? Wifey's grocery store has that AC "meat locker" set too. In the winter time I don't think it's set over 60 degrees.

Go spend some time in Death Valley during the summer and get back to me.
a couple years ago I saw a study done on tree ring data in Southern California and while not remembering the exact date used...the last 200 yrs of tree ring data show it has been one of the 2 wettest periods in 2,000 or so yrs. That area's normal state...Desert!

Reminds me of the two Alaska mosquitos that had killed a Grizzly Bear. They got to arguing over eating it on the spot, or hiding it so the big ones wouldn't take it away from them.
My own Alaska mosquito experience is they aren't that big but they are Yellow Jacket mean and stack up to 10,000 feet in holding patterns waiting to see if they get any of you. I was sitting in a small old lodge looking out the dining room window at the Denali and could HEAR them hitting the window :eek:

any one remember reading about Washington crossing the Delaware in winter with the Ice chunks in it? that was the end of the last Ice age, In my pea brain it seems if the Ice age ended it should be getting warmer. I bet after it get hot enough we will be hearing the alarms about the world ending do to the new Ice age.

Now that the Pacific Northwest has experienced temperatures that high, I think it would be foolish to think it will not happen again at some point... We are currently preparing to rewire an older home and I am going to ensure that I have the wiring infrastructure for a very hot climate... I need to research how they cool homes in Phoenix or Las Vegas.

Now that the Pacific Northwest has experienced temperatures that high, I think it would be foolish to think it will not happen again at some point... We are currently preparing to rewire an older home and I am going to ensure that I have the wiring infrastructure for a very hot climate... I need to research how they cool homes in Phoenix or Las Vegas.
anyone know how big a battery bank is needed for central A/C? Rolling blackouts will be a regular thing if we keep following California.

anyone know how big a battery bank is needed for central A/C? Rolling blackouts will be a regular thing if we keep following California.

Being in Grant County Washington, in close proximity to multiple dams (about 11 within a 150 mile radius) on the Columbia and Snake Rivers, I will take my chances on an electrical blackout.

wasn't trying to sound so snarky, my point is the dams are on the list of power sources being looked at to remove. the dams on the columbia were flood control and irrigation with a bonus of free clean power. remember the spotted owl? now they pay people to shoot barred owls which migrated naturally and kill spotted owls. all it takes is the right lawsuit over a pink tongued newt or some such other I didn't make up.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top