JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Recall the results, from a previous post, of the 160 AB from a T3 7mm Rem Mag:

6508AE1E-8C20-4562-BF03-F6524D6E0E44_zpsq5r2duq9.jpg

I went to the range today to confirm the precision and accuracy of this load, and took along the remains of the seating depth test using the 162 ELDX. I tried three of the six depths during a previous outing with no success so I didn't expect much. Boy was I wrong.

The first iteration was the shortest remaining OAL. Shoot, let cool a bit, shoot, let cool a bit, shoot. Not bad.

03A470F9-55DC-4F2C-868E-461CB5D7CB99_zps8wptxk8o.jpg

That's three shots into .405".

So now what do I do? Accubond (BC .531) at 3,000 FPS or 162 ELDX (BC .631) at 3030?

It's a nice problem to have.

P

And the next guy that comes on here complaining/showing off about sub-1/2 MOA accuracy will be banned on general principle.

:p

Recall the results, from a previous post, of the 160 AB from a T3 7mm Rem Mag:

View attachment 493301

I went to the range today to confirm the precision and accuracy of this load, and took along the remains of the seating depth test using the 162 ELDX. I tried three of the six depths during a previous outing with no success so I didn't expect much. Boy was I wrong.

The first iteration was the shortest remaining OAL. Shoot, let cool a bit, shoot, let cool a bit, shoot. Not bad.

View attachment 493302

That's three shots into .405".

So now what do I do? Accubond (BC .531) at 3,000 FPS or 162 ELDX (BC .631) at 3030?

It's a nice problem to have.

P

Keep working on it man. 3 shot groups don't prove much, except you can get lucky more often than if you shoot 5 and 10 shot groups. A good example from my AR10:

DcHjEYx.jpg

I want to see 5 shot groups from now on. No more playing around.. And yes, my one nut is bigger than the other.. Just in case you were wondering..

Last Edited:
Last Edited:
Hey, I was shooting targets within my lane, and punching STELLAR groups.... just on the wrong distanced target.

:s0140:

Basically this. But he tried to tell me I was blind and couldn't see how great his shots were at 200. Man I thought for sure I was loosing my marbles. Then he realized he was shooting at 100. Yep those savages group pretty good! :D

I went to the range today for a final choice and zero verification. Which, oh which, load to choose? The tried and true 160 Accubond and 3,000 FPS, or the upstart 162 ELDX with it's shiny new "heat shield" tip (cough A-Max cough) and ballistic coefficient advantage? Not to mention that I killed my best bull to date with a single shot last year, and I already load the same for my brother, and I have 800 of them already, and...

So it's obvious which way I was leaning. But accuracy is (almost) everything, so who wins?

From my last range session the scope was zeroed for the AB. I looked at the ELDX target and adjusted the scope to zero for the ELDX before I fired a shot. Windage was good but I got aggressive with elevation. Just two shots, I know, but at 80 degrees or more the barrel takes forever to cool.

D7BD9B68-B9EE-414E-A100-1D6098F8089B.jpeg

Down two clicks. Fire two more, different target.

0FB69DE5-4B97-42F4-AB8C-31C48F8AF577.jpeg

The top group is .261", the bottom group is .088", but exactly 2 clicks below the .261", so I can't cherrypick. I'm calling it four shots in .261" and I don't care what @Stomper says. There's accuracy and precision right there, I don't care who you are.

Accubond was up next. Leaving the zero where it was, I figured the AB load would be three left and two up. Well whaddya know.

7989B02B-13D9-413C-BBA0-DFDF81883189.jpeg

I think I'm done. ELDX wins, but AB is a decent backup.

P

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads