JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You mean now that there is limited supply it contributes to the problem that guys are buying up supplies regardless if they need it now. BUT before limited supply, buying large quantities of supplies is just being prepared. Like the earlier post where the guy said his buddy laid in 40k in primers before the shortages.

I don't need primers, but if I see a brick for $40 or less I am grabbing them for my buddies that currently have limited supply's.
I agree; if I saw some now for even $50 per brick, I would buy all I could, even though I really don't need more for the near future. We don't know what the future holds though. I thought I had bought plenty back when they were readily available everywhere, and in reality I probably did, but now I still feel compelled to want more, even though I did prepare according to my foreseeable needs.

Hindsight is always 20/20. I don't think any of us foresaw this perfect storm and the fact that primers would simply be unobtainable through normal channels. My question is simply are we all grabbing up whatever we can find when we find it, due to the uncertainty of the future, even when we probably don't need it? I'm not saying that's an unreasonable thing to do, only that I'm pretty sure it is a major contributing factor to the issue. :)

The drive was nice. ;) The seller was a nice guy too, just wanted them all gone in one shot w/o messing with shipping.

You mean now that there is limited supply it contributes to the problem that guys are buying up supplies regardless if they need it now. BUT before limited supply, buying large quantities of supplies is just being prepared. Like the earlier post where the guy said his buddy laid in 40k in primers before the shortages.
With diligent searching, I lucked into a deal like this about 2 months ago. Couldn't believe it. Seller was getting out of reloading and had a sizable collection of supplies for very fair prices. I was able to purchase 15K SPP for below pre-panic pricing. When I met him about a half hour drive away, I commented that primers were real hard to find currently and asked him if he was sure he wanted to sell them all. He said that he didn't want to ship them, and preferred to sell in larger lots rather than meeting up with a lot of people. Worked out well for me, Christmas came early this year.

I've been saving my SPP .45 brass but not to the exclusion of my LPP cases, thankfully. I figured that I'd eventually have enough of the SPP to either make sense to load or to sell / trade in a large batch. I have a fair amount of LP primers and enough LP .45 brass to cover me for a good while so I lucked out there.

I too thought about not having to swap out primer size on my press etc. So you are not alone in your thinking, it did make sense the first of the year!

Honestly, if you know someone with a GB account. For those prices I might sell some. Local market values are not that high, at least in the NW. I wonder if these shortages are hitting harder in the South or on the East coast.
Yes, it is bad here as well. You can't find them anywhere local and I am not about to pay close to 300.00 for 2k on gunbroker. Lucky for me I am somewhat stacked for primers and powder. Learned that lesson long ago...

I found a few SPP at a local store last week. $2.97 a box! Pays to keep checkin. I picked up some H335 for $27 at the same time.
I loaded up 3,000 5.56 last week. I'll load up 1,000 45 ACP tomorrow and after that I'm out of brass.

:s0101:

Must have been garage cleaning weekend! Bought about 20 of those yellow top tubs and converted every mismatch, broken and hodgepodge bin I had.

Was going through my old snow gear and found a hundo I tucked in for emergencies... Although 300 primed cases might be a better find!

My local Walmart used to be my source for ammo, powder, primers, and XTP bullets. Then they got woke a year ago and stopped selling pistol ammo. Soon, the bullets started drying up. Then the powder and primers. Now it's all gone. They don't carry anything.

Was there today and stopped by the sporting goods section and there were a few boxes of 28ga shotgun ammo, and that was it.

Used to be cases and cases of cheap Federal 12ga bird shot ammo. Now it's all gone. Just weird.

Last Friday, Sportsman's Warehouse Vancouver had Large Pistol primers in stock along with Large Rifle and Large Rifle Magnum primers
I grabbed 2K LPP $24/K
They're out there once in a while, just gotta get lucky.

Going through one of the drawers in my bench and found 500 .40S&W primed and ready to load. I'm pretty sure I have the same number of .45 up on the shelf. With what I already had loaded, I should be good for at least a year.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top