JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
:D I figured somebody would think I'm bashing Glocks or semi-autos in general because I'm a revolver person, but believe me I have nothing against Glocks or semi's at all. Some of my best friends shoot semi's and Glocks. ;)

Honestly though, other than a little .22lr Sterling pocket pistol that was my dad's and I shot for the first time yesterday, I've never owned or even handled a sem-automatic pistol. My wife's son, who is a Portland police officer carries Glock and speaks highly of them. But as an unbiased observer, I did note with interest that they did have that much problem with 4 different Glocks. This was with 5 different people shooting them. With my wife, yea, it could have been limp wrist since this was her first time shooting a semi pistol, so it's possible. Possibly for one of the guys as well. But I'm pretty sure I had a solid grip on it since I did not know what to expect in shooting the 9mm Glock I shot and 2 of the other guys also seemed to have good grips. So I don't know other than what I saw. I know two of the people real well (I've been their boss for 4 years although this was the first time I'd gone shooting with them) but I just met the other couple that came out. I don't think any of them are what you would call experts but at least the two I know are very knowledgeable. I'm sure there is a logical and technical reason for what happened. I did notice though that the one Ruger LCP 2 .380 worked very well and my wife is now scowering the internet looking at reviews and prices, so we may have one of those in the not so distant future. :D

Mike
It is clear what all your buddies need for Christmas this year. ;) And more time shooting!

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi01.i.aliimg.com%2Fimg%2Fpb%2F194%2F086%2F690%2F690086194_626.jpg

I own 1 glock. Not a big fan of them as they feel all weird in my hands and I find them hard to shoot accurately. I honestly think it is down to physiology for me. But they are reliable in general. I like Sigs, Berettas and a load of other stuff, but I'd be eyeing the ammo with a jaundiced eye.

I own 1 glock. Not a big fan of them as they feel all weird in my hands and I find them hard to shoot accurately. I honestly think it is down to physiology for me. But they are reliable in general. I like Sigs, Berettas and a load of other stuff, but I'd be eyeing the ammo with a jaundiced eye.

I have 5 of Gaston's marvels to this planet. :rolleyes:

I shoot some others better than his "Perfection". But I know that if I need my Glocks to go bang, they will without question or prejudice.

Mine is relatively new to me and a police turn in so it hasn't won me over all the way. (I figure it could have some maintenance issues theoretically, but given what I paid, it was worth the gamble) but so far so good except the fact that I am minute of barn with it. My wrists have very limited range of motion and have since I was born. The Glock has always been hard for me in both grip size and angle. But again, that is a personal problem. Mine may end up as one of those micro Roni SBR s one of these days. But I am trying to learn to shoot one well.

I agree that there's more too this. I own 6 glocks, 4 of which are different versions or series of G-19's. I shot approximately 3500 rounds over 2-3 years through my Gen 2 with out ever cleaning it. I'm horrible at cleaning my guns after shooting them. And they keep shooting. I owed caspian race guns $4K guns). If I don't clean those they don't run. Sometimes every few hundred rounds. Bottom line I daily carry a G-19 as does my wife and a majority of military and LEO's. If they sucked tgey wouldn't be so dam popular.

My wife and I got a chance to do some shooting yesterday with a group of people on private property in the Sherwood area. I had my 3 .357 revolvers, a .38 Special and a little .22 pocket gun. The others mostly had Glock semi automatics in various models, a couple of shotguns and a .22 semi rifle. The owner's son also had a snub noise .357 that he had only shot .38's out of but used some of my .357 ammo to try it in it's native caliber for the first time. When he fired it it was about twice as loud as my .375 revolvers were.

This was the first time I'd had a chance to shoot any of my guns, in fact it was the first time both my wife and I had a chance to shoot in a very long time and it was good to see that we both could still hit targets. :D

The revolvers did very well during the 5 hours or so we took turns shooting. The 4 Glocks that were being fired did not do as well, which was a surprise to me, considering how popular they are. Every one of them either mis-fed or failed to eject at least once every time they were fired and some several times while shooting out the clip. I didn't get the model names although I know a couple were smaller (I think one was a 42 in .380) and a couple were bigger versions shooting 9mm. They were using several different brands of ammo although the only box I saw was American Eagle.

My wife liked the one that shot the .380 ammo as it weighed almost nothing compared to my revolvers but I pointed out that the problems they were having you don't have with revolvers. You pull the trigger and it shoots. She still liked the size and feel of it though, so we may end up getting something real soon. I don't know if it will be a Glock though as I wasn't to impressed with their dependability.

There was some discussion about the different reasons that could be causing the problems... dirty ammo, dirty guns, picky guns, etc., which is what I've read on the forums as well. It was interesting to me though that they did all have problems with their Glocks though. While they were checking out their Glocks, just kept firing my revolvers. :D

Mike
If there was a FTE with the Glock 42 I would bet good money the reason was underpowered .380 ammo. Ours chokes on PMC because it and any other .380 with less that 180ft/lbs energy will not consistantly cycle. Switch to Remmington or Hornaday Critical Defense and ours cycles 100% of the time...NO FTE at all

If there was a FTE with the Glock 42 I would bet good money the reason was underpowered .380 ammo. Ours chokes on PMC because it and any other .380 with less that 180ft/lbs energy will not consistantly cycle. Switch to Remmington or Hornaday Critical Defense and ours cycles 100% of the time...NO FTE at all

I had the same experience with ultra-light 9mm reloads... guess I should changed the recoil spring.

One last thing to say about limp-wristing: :s0013::s0013::s0013::s0013::s0013:

Nah, I think I've had my go at it. LOL

I guess these must have been the only bad Glocks in the whole world... at least reading all of the people in this thread that have never had a single problem with their Glock and they have shot perfectly every time and probably always hit the bullseye and never missed either. Yep, I think the guys I were shooting with should give Glock a call so that they can take the only bad Glocks off of them and give them one with the same quality that you have all been bragging about. Yes, I think I'll suggest that to them... Not!

Sorry guys, but I'm going to call BS on at least some of the bragging going on. I don't believe it because there are plenty of Glocks out there that have had problems, be it because of ammo, cleaning, bad parts, or what ever, but they are out there. Feel free to continue, I'm sure the choir needs more convincing that Glocks walk on water. ;)

Mike

I guess these must have been the only bad Glocks in the whole world... at least reading all of the people in this thread that have never had a single problem with their Glock and they have shot perfectly every time and probably always hit the bullseye and never missed either. Yep, I think the guys I were shooting with should give Glock a call so that they can take the only bad Glocks off of them and give them one with the same quality that you have all been bragging about. Yes, I think I'll suggest that to them... Not!

Sorry guys, but I'm going to call BS on at least some of the bragging going on. I don't believe it because there are plenty of Glocks out there that have had problems, be it because of ammo, cleaning, bad parts, or what ever, but they are out there. Feel free to continue, I'm sure the choir needs more convincing that Glocks walk on water. ;)

Mike
I have a G23, G34, G43, G42 and with the exception of the G42 not liking the lower powered .380 I can honestly say I have never had a FTF or FTE with any of them.

Now lest you think I might be a fan boy, that would be a big nope because I cannot shoot one accurately. Once I switched to the CZ all my accuracy problems went away. I am a CZ fan boy tho

The chances 4 different Glocks having fte or ftf failures in the same session points to some other issue other than manufacturer defect as it is counter to all my experience with them. At this point we get it, you are not a Glock fan, and won't be convinced of their inherent reliability. That is ok as I have pet peeves with certain very popular platforms myself. So, next topic.

The chances 4 different Glocks having fte or ftf failures in the same session points to some other issue other than manufacturer defect as it is counter to all my experience with them. At this point we get it, you are not a Glock fan, and won't be convinced of their inherent reliability. That is ok as I have pet peeves with certain very popular platforms myself. So, next topic.
THIS!!!

Also I'm a Glock H8TR. I'm more of an XD person. Without question, if four guns of ANY brand are malfunctioning with this many people the best fix would be to replace the people, lol.

Mike

WOW! Are we reading the same thread?

bb

This is what made me wonder if there was not more too this. ALL guns made let out a bad one now and then and things break or wear out. The OP saying 4 different Glocks all did not work is what caught my attention. That would make me think there was more to this.

Mike

I don't think anyone here thinks Glock never lets out a problem. I don't even like them and do not own one at all. I also am not about to ignore the reputation they have earned though. If it was one Glock, OK fine. I would say good chance "something was wrong". It was the guy saying 4 different Glocks all would not work that made me, and many others, think there had to be more to this story.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top