JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My wife and I got a chance to do some shooting yesterday with a group of people on private property in the Sherwood area. I had my 3 .357 revolvers, a .38 Special and a little .22 pocket gun. The others mostly had Glock semi automatics in various models, a couple of shotguns and a .22 semi rifle. The owner's son also had a snub noise .357 that he had only shot .38's out of but used some of my .357 ammo to try it in it's native caliber for the first time. When he fired it it was about twice as loud as my .375 revolvers were.

This was the first time I'd had a chance to shoot any of my guns, in fact it was the first time both my wife and I had a chance to shoot in a very long time and it was good to see that we both could still hit targets. :D

The revolvers did very well during the 5 hours or so we took turns shooting. The 4 Glocks that were being fired did not do as well, which was a surprise to me, considering how popular they are. Every one of them either mis-fed or failed to eject at least once every time they were fired and some several times while shooting out the clip. I didn't get the model names although I know a couple were smaller (I think one was a 42 in .380) and a couple were bigger versions shooting 9mm. They were using several different brands of ammo although the only box I saw was American Eagle.

My wife liked the one that shot the .380 ammo as it weighed almost nothing compared to my revolvers but I pointed out that the problems they were having you don't have with revolvers. You pull the trigger and it shoots. She still liked the size and feel of it though, so we may end up getting something real soon. I don't know if it will be a Glock though as I wasn't to impressed with their dependability.

There was some discussion about the different reasons that could be causing the problems... dirty ammo, dirty guns, picky guns, etc., which is what I've read on the forums as well. It was interesting to me though that they did all have problems with their Glocks though. While they were checking out their Glocks, just kept firing my revolvers. :D

Mike

There must be more to the story. While Glocks are not my first choice in firearms, they have proven very reliable for me with all sorts of ammunition from cheap Russian steel case to expensive self defense hollow points. This holds true for brand new Glocks I purchased and for well worn used models I've bought from various FFLs as police trade ins.

The one scenario where I have seen them fail to eject is when they are limp wristed. With the light weight frame they need a properly held frame so that the slide can cycle while the frame is held mostly still by the shooter.

One thing I see is alot of people coming off revolvers keep a revolver style grip when shooting semi autos like Glocks. It's a hard habit to break until the slide whacks a thumb.

I don't believe you one bit, not one bit!

Just kidding.

It is great hearing you guys had a good day shooting, that's always the highlight regardless of the firearms not doing their job.

As a Glock "fanboy" I appreciate the simplicity and reliability that exists with my Glocks.

I have a generation 2 Glock 17 that has to be older than I am and has at least seen 20-30 thousand rounds with me alone. Besides maybe a few squib loads that were entirely my fault. It just keeps on eating anything I put into it.

I think you should at least give it another opportunity to prove they are worthy of the cult like following they have.

My first thought.... limp-wristing. C'mon man, hold & fire that motherbubblegummer with a purpose!! ;)

This is the most likely cause.

Another thing to keep in mind is if any / all of those Glocks had aftermarket parts installed on them. According to Glock 95% of the guns sent back to them for repair are due to aftermarket parts being installed. The joke around the factory is to take off the aftermarket stuff, throw it away and replace it with Glock parts and send it back functioning properly.

This is the most likely cause.

Another thing to keep in mind is if any / all of those Glocks had aftermarket parts installed on them. According to Glock 95% of the guns sent back to them for repair are due to aftermarket parts being installed. The joke around the factory is to take off the aftermarket stuff, throw it away and replace it with Glock parts and send it back functioning properly.
That would be hilarious.

Oh, look this here Gucci Glock isn't working.

Removes $1200 worth of fancy crap, throws in garbage.

Interesting. Four Glocks having FTF or FTE issues. All of my Glocks run flawlessly. I think my G35 had a single feeding incident years ago from a limp wristed shooter.

It's hard not to wonder if it's shooting technique or ammunition related, the latter being the more unlikely of the two unless you were using ammunition that would have been problematic in other semi-automatics as well.

"Shooting out the CLIP" hmm that may be your problem there :D

That's funny, I thought the same thing. What's even funnier is all 5 of my 9mm Glocks run fine every time I take them out. Had one of my 19s chew thew a 1000+ rounds a couple weekends ago.

That said small .380 pistols in general can be sketchy in the reliability arena.

I have owned 8 different glocks over last 20 years or so with only 1 issue and it was ammo related. I even have some with aftermarket parts that are dead reliable. I don't keep anything that isn't reliable. Seems there must be more to this story.

20181003_075325.jpg 20181003_075351.jpg
Wasn't a good day for my Glocks either...:(

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class