JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well folks I am Alaska bound for a week during the third week of June to fish (catch) with my son & his fellow Coast Guard friends. I plan to fill my freezer with King salmon, halibut, ling cod & bottom fish galore. Something I cannot do down here in my back yard.:s0115::s0115::s0115::p:p:p

That being said, I will not be supporting WDFW with a salmon tag nor CRE this year. I do this in protest of the way that the Commissions (both WA & Or) has thrown sportsmen and women under the bus and defied the Laws passed by Congress in Washington and Oregon. Just think if regular citizens defied the laws of the state & what would happen...:mad::mad::mad:

I do intend to spend my money (yeah, a lot more$$$) in Alaska & BC to fulfill my love of fishing and spending some much needed time with family and friends.

Fish on Jim!!!!!;)

Well if your gonna protest some thing , goin to Alaska fishin sure sounds like more fun than a face mask and a can of spray paint:p. Enjoy!

That is so awesome that you get the opportunity to full fill that dream. Have a blast enjoy every minute and definitely take a ton of pictures and video's so we can go on the trip with you. :)

When I grew up we threw back those Butt-Ugly ling cod's.

We kept the orange colored yellow eye's ,Black-eyed Sea bass and hal-i-butt's when bottom fishing.
Funny as a kid reeling in those orange fish from 400ft with eye's pop'n out from decompression.

I mean pop'n like 2-3'' out of there head's.:s0001:

Hope you have a good trip !!!

I had a friend that lived on Admiralty Island in Juneau, and I would fly up there on Mark Air (super cheap tickets) around Labor Day to go fishing with him.
I couldn't believe how clear the water was and how plentiful the fishing was.

I spent two years in Ketchikan on a job. There's nothing better than fresh caught halibut after a long day of fishing. Everybody likes halibut, you cant hardly give away a salmon.

I spent two years in Ketchikan on a job. There's nothing better than fresh caught halibut after a long day of fishing. Everybody likes halibut, you cant hardly give away a salmon.

I know what you mean, I was there back in 1990 and caught so many reds I couldn't fit all the fillets in my 105 qt cooler to fly them home...:D

Well folks I am Alaska bound for a week during the third week of June to fish (catch) with my son & his fellow Coast Guard friends. I plan to fill my freezer with King salmon, halibut, ling cod & bottom fish galore. Something I cannot do down here in my back yard.:s0115::s0115::s0115::p:p:p

That being said, I will not be supporting WDFW with a salmon tag nor CRE this year. I do this in protest of the way that the Commissions (both WA & Or) has thrown sportsmen and women under the bus and defied the Laws passed by Congress in Washington and Oregon. Just think if regular citizens defied the laws of the state & what would happen...:mad::mad::mad:

I do intend to spend my money (yeah, a lot more$$$) in Alaska & BC to fulfill my love of fishing and spending some much needed time with family and friends.

Fish on Jim!!!!!;)
Enjoy!!! I went over with my mom to babysit my little cousins in Terrebonne while my aunt was at a horse show in Vegas and my uncle was in Alaska fishing. Got a nice slab of halibut and a full tank of gas as a thank you. Cooked that sucker the same day, drizzled in lemon juice, added a bit of rosemary and cooked it up in the oven. SO Damn good.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top