JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hello from Ketchikan.
Took the day being a tourist and driving around the island some really neat scenery up here and we saw two black bear cubs and their momma on one of the roads. And this waterfall the picture does not do it justice, it's awesome.;)

20170617_164953.jpg

Dadgumit, these Alaskan animals are so dumb, or in this case deaf!!!! Had to run this deer out of a hot trap session!!!!:eek::eek::eek::p

20170618_105000.jpg

I may be rekindling an old hobby from 45 years ago..
I shot 73/100 today at a 5 Station with 3 different borrowed shotguns!!!! ;)

Dadgumit, these Alaskan animals are so dumb, or in this case deaf!!!! Had to run this deer out of a hot trap session!!!!:eek::eek::eek::p

View attachment 371002

I may be rekindling an old hobby from 45 years ago..
I shot 73/100 today at a 5 Station with 3 different borrowed shotguns!!!! ;)

We always have to shooo them off the range(s) at La Grande Rifle and Pistol Club... it's out in the sticks. Resident critters seem to get used to all the noise. Wanna find deer, go to an active logging site.

Good shootin Tex. I wish I could still do it...miss it a lot.

We always have to shooo them off the range(s) at La Grande Rifle and Pistol Club... it's out in the sticks. Resident critters seem to get used to all the noise. Wanna find deer, go to an active logging site.

Good shootin Tex. I wish I could still do it...miss it a lot.

I didn't think I would last 4 rounds since it's been 3 years without firing my 870 & 45 years shooting trap... The old guy at the counter said" you'll do fine it's like riding a bicycle".:eek:
Having fun here is expensive!!!:eek::eek::eek::p

Last Edited:
I didn't think I would last 4 rounds since it's been 3 years without firing my 870 & 45 yes shooting trap... The old guy at the counter said" you'll do fine it's like riding a bicycle".:eek:
Having fun here is expensive!!!:eek::eek::eek::p

How's yer shoulder?

BTW, vacay is always expensive. Just a few years ago I treated my brother to 4 rds of regular trap at Las Vegas Clark Co. shooting complex. $6.50 a round for standard trap, $7.50 for 5 stand. I was already suffering from macular edema and couldn't see even my fiberoptic sight on the ramp nor many of the birds if they were at the wrong angle. Got about half. My brother that never shot trap before got 20-22. Don't think I'll be going again. Grandkids love it tho. I used to shoot at North Island Naval Station, San Diego... both trap and skeet.

When's your fishing start?

The shoulder is fine, I actually can't believe it!!!
I'm still able to get on target when I shoulder the gun angling down & line up the beads then pull up onto the station house & get a jump on the bird. Surprisingly....:)

The shoulder is fine, I actually can't believe it!!!
I'm still able to get on target when I shoulder the gun angling down & line up the beads then pull up onto the station house & get a jump on the bird. Surprisingly....:)

So fast! Ooooo!!!

I had to do standard trap with gun already aimed over the station. Lazy me.

Well folks, I've been having a stellar time here and doing a lot of fishing each day. Surprisingly this year up here has been as lackluster as in the PNW.... We have put in the time and angling effort but the catching has not lived up to the Alaskan fame as the "Fishing Capital of the World"....:(

Although the freezer will not be full when I get home, I have (and always) thoroughly enjoy the quality time with my son. I can die a happy man knowing that he is a top quality person and an asset to our countries safety in the Coast Guard.;)
20170617_120054.jpg
Now for some good whiskey and a good BS session to wind down the off fishing day.

Well folks, I've been having a stellar time here and doing a lot of fishing each day. Surprisingly this year up here has been as lackluster as in the PNW.... We have put in the time and angling effort but the catching has not lived up to the Alaskan fame as the "Fishing Capital of the World"....:(

Although the freezer will not be full when I get home, I have (and always) thoroughly enjoy the quality time with my son. I can die a happy man knowing that he is a top quality person and an asset to our countries safety in the Coast Guard.;)
View attachment 371604
Now for some good whiskey and a good BS session to wind down the off fishing day.
Well that's why it's called fishing not catching lol whiskey solves all problems right HEHEH I believe you said your son was in the coast guard tell him I said thanks for his service I'm a old ex Fisher men up there and my my sister was a coasty also

Know matter what you hear from Fisher men they might say they don't like the coast guard but when they have problems who do they call the guys who will come to help in bad weather or night or day they come THE COASTYS COME LOL ENOUGH SAID

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top