JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes, I used some paint & graffiti remover and a wire brush in a cordless drill. I'll check and see how much paint remover I have left.
Thanks for the details, Citizen! I'm sure Bryan can pick up a jug of this stuff. I saw it at Miller Paint for $10 bucks.

Graphiti remover.JPG

We were at the Depot today anyways so I grabbed some concrete based paint stripper and a wire brush for the drill.

I'll get her done likely Tuesday.

If anyone sees those signs, feel free to remove them.

Thanks for the heads up @VietPho

I stopped in yesterday afternoon. Apparently its pumpkin season. Lane 1 is a mess and lane 4 isn't far behind. Lanes 2 and 3 are not nearly as bad.

Some observations regarding the work on lane 2 & 3........

Lane 3 seems to be holding up well as far as mud contaminating the new rock surfaces. People seem to be staying on the rock surfaces and are not tracking mud on to the rock.

Lane 2 is a different story. People are walking on the dirt berm to place targets and then track that mud back on the the newly rocked lane. Before winters end the lane will be mostly covered in dirt again. I think it would be beneficial to construct a berm identical to lane 3 at this location.

E

I stopped in yesterday afternoon. Apparently its pumpkin season. Lane 1 is a mess and lane 4 isn't far behind. Lanes 2 and 3 are not nearly as bad.

Some observations regarding the work on lane 2 & 3........

Lane 3 seems to be holding up well as far as mud contaminating the new rock surfaces. People seem to be staying on the rock surfaces and are not tracking mud on to the rock.

Lane 2 is a different story. People are walking on the dirt berm to place targets and then track that mud back on the the newly rocked lane. Before winters end the lane will be mostly covered in dirt again. I think it would be beneficial to construct a berm identical to lane 3 at this location.

E
I was just up at lane 2 this morning and pulled some 1x1/2 stakes from the base of the berm and can confirm all the foot prints running up the berm and all the mud in the lane. I'd say the last 12 feet of the gravel in front of the berm is now covered in mud. On an up note, my first batch of hand loads fired just as I'd hoped. Many thanks @P7id10T for loaning me the equipment, now I've got to decided what press I want to buy :)

48425383_10161286174170357_6444404823407198208_o.jpg

Last Edited:
Remember that lane before the improvement? All that water, that we now see on the sides, was smack dab in the middle of the lane! Man, I'm liking this stuff!

Yes, we do need to do something about climbing on the berm. I'm not happy with all the mud on the back of the lane. Need to get our Pictographic signs up soon!

Thanks, @Cosimel and @nehalemguy ! It's these kind of reports that help guide us into better shooting conditions. Good reports!

Why not stencil "Please stay off dirt berm" on the jersey barriers? Also something like "Be responsible. Clean up before you leave".

?

Haha, looks like a loot area in PUBG. Sorry, obscure reference ;)

But yeah, I know I have left some good stuff behind at browns camp before, reactive targets :(

Visited Wolf Creek for the 1st time today, I am definitely going to keep coming here in the future! Beautiful work on the lanes, great scenery all around. I read up on here prior to shooting, took all the necessary items with me for safety and took home 2 trash bags worth of junk to dispose of afterwards.

Visited Wolf Creek for the 1st time today, I am definitely going to keep coming here in the future! Beautiful work on the lanes, great scenery all around. I read up on here prior to shooting, took all the necessary items with me for safety and took home 2 trash bags worth of junk to dispose of afterwards.
Glad you had a good experience! Thanks for the report and the cleanup, bad pony! You bad!

Did you get to shoot at lane 3? I'm curious as to the condition there and if the berms are being knocked down from people walking on them? Also, did you happen to notice the signage board? Specifically, the bottom two fliers about the fundraiser and the NRA thank you note.

Thanks,
Bill

She's a cuttie! Wonder how much she charges to stand there? o_O

What's with all the tape on that Tread Lightly laminated flier? I like the top and bottom of the signs, but the flier in the middle messes up the 'easy-to-read' message.

Looks like BLM land.

Top sign would be real appropriate for locations throughout the various forests. If there are not any available, maybe I should design a universal one we could have made.

Last Edited:
Happy New Years everyone !!!! I was up on lane #2 this morning at the usual 'butt crack of dawn' time to test out a few new batches of handloads including my first batch in 9mm. The lane actually looked great except for some wood left behind on the berm, and a whole lot of usable brass. At first I thought I was only seeing it that way having recently been bit by the reloading bug, but when I went to gather up my brass (keeping track of them to look for signs of over pressure) I quickly discovered why all the brass was left behind. I ended up repeating to myself as I went along "if it's frozen to the ground, it's probably not your round" :) Needless to say I wasn't able to get any of that wood out either. :(

The only cost is your own garbage disposal cost (because cleanup is required and is part of each persons contribution to the privilege of shooting on public lands). Otherwise it's free to shoot. Best way to keep your household garbage cost down is to invest in reusable targets and target stands. You'll have less trash to through away.

Welcome to the forum, by the way! Hope you join us for some good times in 2019!

Bill

Well, all the lanes were taken, but man, they look better than ever.

Kudos to the team that made the renovation a reality. It's really impressive.

Had some fun with some safe dispursed shooting further up the road, still ended up with 2 buckets of trash to haul out :rolleyes:

Well, all the lanes were taken, but man, they look better than ever.

Kudos to the team that made the renovation a reality. It's really impressive.

Had some fun with some safe dispursed shooting further up the road, still ended up with 2 buckets of trash to haul out :rolleyes:
Thanks for letting us know. Glad you like the improvements. By next summer, we plan to complete the work to lanes 1 & 4. Raising funds now: Fundraiser Wolf Creek Lanes 1 & 4

Did you get to shoot at lane 3? I'm curious as to the condition there and if the berms are being knocked down from people walking on them? Also, did you happen to notice the signage board? Specifically, the bottom two fliers about the fundraiser and the NRA thank you note.

Thanks,
Bill

Yup, shot at Lane 3. Conditions were good, the berms were holding up well. We shot on the shorter side since someone was already occupying the left side. I gave them a trash bag to fill when they were done. On the right side, looked like someone shredded and left a few wood and plastic targets. I cleaned up as much as I could and hauled away some of the wood. Saw the fliers, both me and my coworker are planning on donating come payday.

I'm headed up tomorrow (my Sunday with my new work schedule) and bringing a few trash bags to clean up the lanes again after I shoot

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top