JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
NWFA,

After scanning this forum for range rules it appears that respect for the environment/range and for other shooters is are the primary requirements. My family and I have been out regularly to Salmonberry for years (2013) and make sure that we always take 3 garbage bags, 1 for brass, 1 for our garbage and 1 for the previous shooter(s) garbage. While we have favorite locations at Salmonberry I'd like to try Wolf Creek out but want to ensure that before I do that there isn't any prerequisite I should accomplish first.
Sounds like you have it figured out.
The only thing that I would add is to have your fire suppression kit with you during this, the fire season.
Here's a link :
Trash No Land Shooting Rules

its technically a dispersed shooting site like those on Salmonberry, just a whole lot nicer. Theoretically, people should treat a nice location with a nice chunk of respect, to some degree its working.

Was out with ODF today at lane 3 and 4. Getting some final measurements.

All four lanes looked really clean. Thank you to everyone who is taking real ownership of these lanes!

For the continuation of these lanes I have to give a shout out to our local Oregon Department of Foresty. ODF is helping us out hugely. They have consistently aided with design and continuity of these lanes.

Like Bill said. Trash No Land is working to make these sites even better!

So we are getting closer to some wicked cool shooting lanes. That should last decades.
This means we're getting closer to starting our improvement work on all 4 lanes. Didn't want to interrupt most of the summer shooting months, so this project will be happening this fall and needs to be completed by November. We're building up berms and backstops with ballistics gravel, adding support to the berms, grading the lanes and creating better drainage.

After the engineers wrap up their final drawings and data, (in about a week), we'll be looking for a contractor with equipment who'll be willing to take on this project. It's not a big one, but one that needs to get done.

So, if you know of a contractor that may be interested, now's the time to contact us. We may also need to hire a separate outfit to pick up & deliver gravel and blocks.

We'll announce, in advance, of closures as needed. We'll post here, on our Facebook page, Twitter and Instagram. Will do our best to keep a lane or two open as much as possible throughout the project.

email to: [email protected]

Thanks!

Bill

Stopped by this weekend hoping to snag Lane #4, but unfortunately it was taken. No big surprise.

While up there, we noticed tons of elderberry growing! Makes for some great syrup.

LP3HykS.jpg

Don't let it go to waste- if you're headed out there, bring some elderberry home!

EXPECT CLOSURES IN OCTOBER!

We'll need to shut down the lanes while construction work is being done in October. (We're revamping each lane with new gravel, berms and grading). With trucks, deliveries, equipment & workers, there will be too much activity to keep anything open. Plus, we want to get this done in short order. This will include all 4 lanes.

We are hoping our NRA Foundation grant will cover the whole cost. If not, we'll do the most important lanes, (3 & 4), and find a different way to complete the other 2 pistol berms. Will keep you informed.

We'll give you more notice as it gets closer, but for now, plan on seeing it get closed down for a while starting about the second week of October. Project will be completed by Nov 1st.

Thanks All!

Cogs & @Reno911

Sorry, but we're going to interrupt your shooting this Wednesday afternoon. Just a short cease fire at each lane while we walk the lanes with ODF, the Engineer and an Excavation Contractor. Gotta show the contractor what he's up against. It won't be long each lane. Should be about 12:00 noon to 2 PM.

Thanks for your patients! It will be worth it!

We only interrupted a couple shooters today as we went about our meeting with our contractor, (thank you for the referal @Timbertodd ), and engineer. We all have our targets in a row and are ready to expect sticker shock. Work should begin after next week. We'll keep you posted.

The first person we met was a Deputy Sheriff's officer and his party of 3. Great group of guys who were excited about the work we're doing there. They were setting up at lane 3. He was nice enough to clear the homeless tent. It's been abandoned and trash spread all around that area next to lane 3. Would like to clear it out.

Not a lot of trash but certainly evidence of improper shooting, sign destruction, illegal targets and wrong target placement. Overall, the place is not in too bad of shape.

We'd like to do a quick clean up just before we shut it down for the improvement work. The contractor is not responsible to clean it up and we don't want it to hinder his operation. Time is of the essence to get this done before Nov. 1st, so where ever we can help speed things up and go smoother, the better. One big time saver could be to find someone who can haul the big concrete Eco Blocks up there. That alone will take several trips and a lot of his time.

The youngest member of our party today was a real trooper! Not a peep! Very supportive of our efforts. Cool dude!

I should add, A 2x2x6' Eco block weighs about 4000 lbs. Need about 26 full size and 6 half size (2x2x3) and weighs about 2000 lbs. We'll need at least 2 of us to lift a full one! :eek:

We had been planning on trying out this location on Thursday the 11th of October but it sounds like that may not be in the cards for us. Does anyone know if work begun at this point?

Also a big thank you to Cogs/Trash No Land for all the hard work ya'll are putting in on this and other projects on all of our behalf. We really appreciate it !

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top