JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Politeness is simple & always returned.

Anyone running up on us, or me if I'm solo out shooting, is going to be cause for pause. Be they a 300lb "scary" looking dude all colored up, an 85lb wet noodle, or an 85 year old gramma.

I'd say start with hey my names xxx, I'm member xxx over on NWF, how are ya?...

I ain't just gonna run up on ya dude. That's a figure of speech....Most people weird out when some tatted up dude approaches them. I'm used to that....chances are I'll be covered. I'm just a random azz dude, cool AF. I'll probably start by explaining this place etc......just like you said......then everything's good!

Politeness is simple & always returned.

Anyone running up on us, or me if I'm solo out shooting, is going to be cause for pause. Be they a 300lb "scary" looking dude all colored up, an 85lb wet noodle, or an 85 year old gramma.

I'd say start with hey my names xxx, I'm member xxx over on NWF, how are ya?...

Should I delete my previous posts and start over??? I'm just talkin from the heart man. Lookin back, you got me thinkin....

Range report 12 February. Roads were passable for all vehicle types, and only got muddy at the turnaround by lane 4. Got up to lane 4 around 9 AM as four vehicles were backing in. The moment I got out of my vehicle, one of them approached and said "What do you think you're doing here? There's only one lane." His words. I explained to him that the lanes were built for people to share, possible cultivate friendships, and even network with other shooters. He stayed firmly in the selfish "we were here first" mentality, and his buddies claimed they beed both jersey barriers for all their stuff because they had "five shooters with multiple guns each." If I had known we were going to have a measuring contest, I'd have brought a tape measure. Needless to say they were unpleasant, and not likely safe, respectful people to be around with firearms. (Not forum members either. I asked)

My nephew and I set up at lane 1, and even made room for a couple that drove by to join us, along with a dad and his young daughter with her .22 cricket rifle. All in all, WE had a pleasant time, made friends, and let some new shooters get behind some serious hardware. The grumps at lane 4 left around one with sour looks on their faces, and didn't even wave back. Their loss.

*I got pictures of their license plates for future reference, but I'm not going to publicly shame them here.

Are you saying those folks at 4 left a mess?

Damned glad I don't have to go out and recreate on weekends!

I sent Joe Link a PM last week seeing if anything was in the works and if not I would try and fill Cog's shoes for the Tillamook forest. I'm not sure I could even come close to pulling off what he had accomplished but I am willing to give it a try.

like I said....For wifey and I, we don't need all the prizes and food. I am somewhat physically limited in how long, and how much I can do, so being in a group, giving what we can to get the job done and having a bit of a shoot afterwards is plenty of fun for us.

I am interested in going to shoot but it sounds like a bit of a horror show from the posts here. Is it really that bad?
Most of the discussion here is to keep track of the sites. Kind of a community watch.

What you don't see is the hundreds of folks that have used the sites and have had good experiences, but are not members here and so don't get their word out.

Lane 4 measures out around 75 yards depending on where you set your target. I was up there awhile back on lane four and when someone pulled up we gave a friendly wave and we're going to make room when the dudes just gave a look and drove down the hill and started shooting outside of the established lanes!

Sorry I'm a bit late to the party, guys & gals. Been kinda busy putting together the organizational stuff of Trash No Land. We're now a Nonprofit Corporation! Based in WA State, and awaiting our Federal status as a 501(c)3 organization. Focused specifically on target shooting on public land. We are planning a few cleanups this summer, along with a couple of meet-n-greet fun day shoots, plenty of education & awareness information designed to promote responsible shooting on public land, seeking grants for further development of improved fire safe shooting lanes and we'll be doing a lot of fundraising events. It will take a while till we're up to full speed. In the meantime....

... Let's get together and do a cleanup on Sat, Feb 25th? Start at 9 AM at Lane 3. Being rather short notice, we'll simply do a BYOL cleanup (Bring Your Own Lunch). Nothing fancy. No frills and thrills, (like the prize drawings or anything), just show up, sign up, get the place cleaned up and get to the fun part. I'll arrange for the trash bags and disposal. Shouldn't take long till we're shooting and having a great time!

Gotta say "Thanks, @Mikej " for the good words! You're right about not needing all the whistles and bells. The idea is that we are making a statement about being responsible for the privilege of free shooting on public land, showing our respect for recreational target shooting and getting gun owners involved. It's how we get our message across to others.

I'll put a word out on the Trash No Land Facebook page, the web site and the blog. We should get a few non-NWFA members to join us. (I won't be starting a new thread about this cleanup on NWFA, however, will be giving full support as a NWFA inspired event. So, if someone wants to post a thread about that, post it in the Events & Get Togethers section. We really don't need a whole lot of people. 10 or more would be just fine! It would be good, however, to encourage members to get involved and show their support for public land shooting.)

(Oh great! Last year's first cleanup was Feb 28th which was a cold, wet and miserable day. I hope it's not a repeat. Still, we had about 25 volunteers showed up. I swore I would never do another February cleanup!)

See you then! We'll have a good 'ol time!

Bill

Yea! Glad you're still in business Bill! I was afraid to ask after you left for fear of health issues or something.

We'll see if we can make it on the 25th.

Went up yesterday (Feb 13) and used #4. Ended taking home a full garbage bag of shotgun shells (red), old brass and shot up cans. Found #3 almost as littered, but didn't have any more time before darkness to make an impact on it. Perfect day for shooting, however.

Went up yesterday (Feb 13) and used #4. Ended taking home a full garbage bag of shotgun shells (red), old brass and shot up cans. Found #3 almost as littered, but didn't have any more time before darkness to make an impact on it. Perfect day for shooting, however.

Must have just missed you, we were shooting at #4 until noon or so. The area's looking pretty trashed, thinking this might be our first cleanup location come springtime.

What would be the chances of having the Forest Service post some signs letting folks know that the lanes would be cleaned on the 25th and would not be available for use till noon that day? We might get some users who are not familiar with NWFA and what went into getting the lanes built show up to help.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top