JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks for doing that!

There were 2 or 3 extinguishers up there. I don't get it but whatever floats their boat I guess.

It's, "whatever floats their boat"???? That's bs. THERE'S NO excuse for these people to leave their trash like this in the woods or anywhere for that matter!!!! I guess I'm a little touchy on the subject since slicing my leg open, while cleaning up trash, on a sharp jagged 55 gallon drum that someone left with a million holes in it. Had to go to the emergency room, for stitches, on my dime too. It's beyond me why people are so stupid and careless, but it makes the shooting public look bad when the forests are littered with shot up trash. I'm with MikeJ on this one: "my faith in the shooting public has been seriously shaken." You guys at NWFA are awesome for picking up trash at these sites...

Last Edited:
Like I said previously, just remember to SMILE! ;)

Don't make me laugh. I stopped at a spot off the road a few months ago around elk season. Drove down to a dead end to take a piss and looked up and it said smile for the camera. I proceeded to smile and finish up with business...:p

A speaking of getting the trash all in one place? Is anyone getting a clean-up party together this year? I don't care so much about BBQ or give-aways, I DO care about getting the place reserved early, meeting members and cleaning up with a way to get rid of the trash, and THEN have a little shooting time.
I sent Joe Link a PM last week seeing if anything was in the works and if not I would try and fill Cog's shoes for the Tillamook forest. I'm not sure I could even come close to pulling off what he had accomplished but I am willing to give it a try.

Don't make me laugh. I stopped at a spot off the road a few months ago around elk season. Drove down to a dead end to take a piss and looked up and it said smile for the camera. I proceeded to smile and finish up with business...:p

Sweet man, I'll post the pics here and have a "Where's Willy" contest. First 1 to find it without the use of magnifying equipment wins a prize!!!:cool:

Boy were the lanes busy today. Had a fun day with a big group. Lane 3 was actually pretty clean today. Looks like the group taking it behind us may have had a bunch of junk to shoot but couldn't tell. Took a crap load of brass out with us and everything we brought in as well plus a contractor bag of extra garbage.

Off the lanes somewhere up wolf creek rd someone shot some explosive, wasn't tannerite, too loud and too much smoke. Could see it from lane 3. Not cool.

Jack wagons like those have no shame. Good on you for being neighborly on lane 1 and sharing. With their attitudes, if they were to join NWFA, they probably would not last long.

Range report 12 February. Roads were passable for all vehicle types, and only got muddy at the turnaround by lane 4. Got up to lane 4 around 9 AM as four vehicles were backing in. The moment I got out of my vehicle, one of them approached and said "What do you think you're doing here? There's only one lane." His words. I explained to him that the lanes were built for people to share, possible cultivate friendships, and even network with other shooters. He stayed firmly in the selfish "we were here first" mentality, and his buddies claimed they beed both jersey barriers for all their stuff because they had "five shooters with multiple guns each." If I had known we were going to have a measuring contest, I'd have brought a tape measure. Needless to say they were unpleasant, and not likely safe, respectful people to be around with firearms. (Not forum members either. I asked)

My nephew and I set up at lane 1, and even made room for a couple that drove by to join us, along with a dad and his young daughter with her .22 cricket rifle. All in all, WE had a pleasant time, made friends, and let some new shooters get behind some serious hardware. The grumps at lane 4 left around one with sour looks on their faces, and didn't even wave back. Their loss.

*I got pictures of their license plates for future reference, but I'm not going to publicly shame them here.
Was that you I was talking to at lane 3 before you drove down? You were welcome to join us. We just had so many people there was some lag between each person shooting

I explained to him that the lanes were built for people to share, possible cultivate friendships, and even network with other shooters. He stayed firmly in the selfish "we were here first" mentality

I was wondering how this was going to play out, especially with lane 4 the preferred lane.

I gotta be honest, I dont really want to shoot around strangers. Every time I've shot on public lands around others Ive been muzzle swept. I would shoot anytime with most all of the members of this forum but those guys you saw dont know anyone here from anyone else because they are not members of this forum.

Boy were the lanes busy today. Had a fun day with a big group. Lane 3 was actually pretty clean today. Looks like the group taking it behind us may have had a bunch of junk to shoot but couldn't tell. Took a crap load of brass out with us and everything we brought in as well plus a contractor bag of extra garbage.

Off the lanes somewhere up wolf creek rd someone shot some explosive, wasn't tannerite, too loud and too much smoke. Could see it from lane 3. Not cool.

If you didn't,

Next time take a pic of your trash collected with your username/date/location collected on a cardboard or a bag. Can post it up on one of the threads here for supporting member credit.

Thanks for the heads up. Planning to head up there tomorrow to test some new toys.

You gonna be polite? If some tatted up dude in a red Toyota rolls up and jumps out all excited you gonna lose your s**t??? Cause that just might be me....and I'm only excited cause I wanna shoot with cool people....:D

If you didn't,

Next time take a pic of your trash collected with your username/date/location collected on a cardboard or a bag. Can post it up on one of the threads here for supporting member credit.

I've seen the thread but either forget to or am in a rush to leave so don't take a pic. Thanks for the reminder

Quick update, met with ODF in regards to these sites.

Plans in place for a few things, can't discuss them yet.

Good things to come.

Sorry to tease but I'll keep in touch with more details as things come together.

You gonna be polite? If some tatted up dude in a red Toyota rolls up and jumps out all excited you gonna lose your s**t??? Cause that just might be me....and I'm only excited cause I wanna shoot with cool people....:D

Politeness is simple & always returned.

Anyone running up on us, or me if I'm solo out shooting, is going to be cause for pause. Be they a 300lb "scary" looking dude all colored up, an 85lb wet noodle, or an 85 year old gramma.

I'd say start with hey my names xxx, I'm member xxx over on NWF, how are ya?...

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top