JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Does anyone know if there will be any upcoming closures for the fire season?
Yes I believe just like every year there will be closures do to fire danger. I mean just look outside it's 100 degrees and breezy on the first of July. The woods only get dryer from here to October. As to when they start shutting the woods down all I can say is probably soon.

It is rather funny the amount of time I have been a member of this forum , yet im some how still in a Probationary period.. and my posts have to be reviewed... to amusing.

Anywho,

I went up to the range on sunday morning. I was the guy in Lane four all day with the 9 hole tac barricades, all the steel and a Uhaul truck. I appreciate everyones patience that went up to lane four and was denied. I had the whole range covered with all my targets, my family was coming and i wanted to give them a good time. Too bad only my step bro showed up. OH well.

Big shout out to the guy that was at lane four Just before I got there. He was apparently just popping of a few rounds, Once i explained that i had all this steel and stuff for a fam, day at the range he was more then willing , (in fact it was his idea) to move to lane three. so Big shout out to that guy!!

My first time shooting on lane 4. I have to say .... Eh.. I really prefer lane 3. All of lane four is sloped, very little of it is flat. Setting up my Diy target stands was amusing. Lane three is much flatter and even though its a bit shorter . much easier to set up and take down your stuffs.

Again big shout out to everyone that was not able to use the lane that day because of me. Sorry and thank you for your patience. It was a beautiful day.

the road is getting bubblegumty, is there a fund i can donate to for gravel and sand to fill the pot holes?

It is rather funny the amount of time I have been a member of this forum , yet im some how still in a Probationary period.. and my posts have to be reviewed... to amusing.

Anywho,

I went up to the range on sunday morning. I was the guy in Lane four all day with the 9 hole tac barricades, all the steel and a Uhaul truck. I appreciate everyones patience that went up to lane four and was denied. I had the whole range covered with all my targets, my family was coming and i wanted to give them a good time. Too bad only my step bro showed up. OH well.

Big shout out to the guy that was at lane four Just before I got there. He was apparently just popping of a few rounds, Once i explained that i had all this steel and stuff for a fam, day at the range he was more then willing , (in fact it was his idea) to move to lane three. so Big shout out to that guy!!

My first time shooting on lane 4. I have to say .... Eh.. I really prefer lane 3. All of lane four is sloped, very little of it is flat. Setting up my Diy target stands was amusing. Lane three is much flatter and even though its a bit shorter . much easier to set up and take down your stuffs.

Again big shout out to everyone that was not able to use the lane that day because of me. Sorry and thank you for your patience. It was a beautiful day.

the road is getting bubblegumty, is there a fund i can donate to for gravel and sand to fill the pot
It's pretty amusing the length of time you've been on the forum, yet choose to only post in this thread. Nothing wrong with such, mind. Just amusing.

Anywho...there's quite a bit more to this forum.

You threatened damage to a public range! Personally, I took your posts about that threatening as HELL. You never apologized for the temper tantrum, and have the balls to make the above post? This is a great discussion forum for the fact that the moderation isn't near as heavy as so many other forum. Were it up to me, those posts would have got your account disabled. Some peoples kids! :rolleyes:

Anywho,

the road is getting bubblegumty, is there a fund i can donate to for gravel and sand to fill the pot holes?
I'm not a fan of someone who stakes a claim on a lane for all or most of the day. It's kinda selfish and creates a lot of negative vibes amongst users. The reason is thousands of people use, (or want to use), these lanes each year and a huge measurement, of the validity of these lanes and our efforts to improve dispersed shooting sites, is that the users "Share-N-Care" for this place, (meaning they are conscience of the fact that others made a long trip, had high hopes of finding a spot to shoot, and help keep it clean.

So, sorry to say, no 'Kudos' from me on confiscating lane 4 for the day.

Note: I've also noticed, a couple of times, 'Classes' being taught at the lanes (where they claim the lane for several hours at a time). If the instructor is being paid, it's illegal to teach a class (for compensation) on public land without approval, or a permit, from the forest agency. Permits can be obtained, but never have been (as far as I'm aware).

I do agree that lane 4 is sloped and needs to be graded. Our plans are to shave the right side and move that fill to the left. Then gravel the lane all the way to the impact berm. We're planning on NOT having a short berm, but rather have the whole lane open all the way to the hillside berm. The cost of improving lane 4 rises each year, so it should be around $25k to 30k to get it done. I haven't had a chance to apply for any grants this past 2 years, however, I'm now working with OR Dept of Fish & Wildlife to help us out with a significant amount. I also plan to apply for another NRA Grant this fall, which typically results in about $10k.

In the meantime, YES, we need more user donated funds to help get it done and show we appreciate the lanes and the government's involvement for being willing to improve dispersed shooting. I'm planning and hoping we can improve lanes 1 & 4 in 2024.

Sorry I've been out of the loop all day, but I got selected for Jury Duty and am in trial through Friday, maybe into Monday.

Bill

I'm not a fan of someone who stakes a claim on a lane for all or most of the day. It's kinda selfish and creates a lot of negative vibes amongst users. The reason is thousands of people use, (or want to use), these lanes each year and a huge measurement, of the validity of these lanes and our efforts to improve dispersed shooting sites, is that the users "Share-N-Care" for this place, (meaning they are conscience of the fact that others made a long trip, had high hopes of finding a spot to shoot, and help keep it clean.

So, sorry to say, no 'Kudos' from me on confiscating lane 4 for the day.

Note: I've also noticed, a couple of times, 'Classes' being taught at the lanes (where they claim the lane for several hours at a time). If the instructor is being paid, it's illegal to teach a class (for compensation) on public land without approval, or a permit, from the forest agency. Permits can be obtained, but never have been (as far as I'm aware).

I do agree that lane 4 is sloped and needs to be graded. Our plans are to shave the right side and move that fill to the left. Then gravel the lane all the way to the impact berm. We're planning on NOT having a short berm, but rather have the whole lane open all the way to the hillside berm. The cost of improving lane 4 rises each year, so it should be around $25k to 30k to get it done. I haven't had a chance to apply for any grants this past 2 years, however, I'm now working with OR Dept of Fish & Wildlife to help us out with a significant amount. I also plan to apply for another NRA Grant this fall, which typically results in about $10k.

In the meantime, YES, we need more user donated funds to help get it done and show we appreciate the lanes and the government's involvement for being willing to improve dispersed shooting. I'm planning and hoping we can improve lanes 1 & 4 in 2024.

Sorry I've been out of the loop all day, but I got selected for Jury Duty and am in trial through Friday, maybe into Monday.

Bill
I glad you said something. I was going to about highjacking a lane All Day, but just let it be. Especially when only 2 guys ended up being there. It is not your own private range, it is public and when you highjack it for the day I guarantee 10 people were disappointed that day. I have had my family there about 9 of us and have shared 3 and 4 easily with 2 or 3 groups.
Same dude threatened you and your property while we were doing cleanup because he was inconvenienced. Entitlement is a disease.

Got up bright and early this morning to go to the lanes. I was very surprised that only one other person was up there in lane 2 and he was just sleeping/hanging out in his car. I tool lane 1 and only heard a few shots from the other lane the whole time I was there. Not a single vehicle drove by the whole time I was there. I am shocked at how slow the lanes were this morning. After I finished I checked out the othere lanes and they look decent. All the signs are still intact and look great. Great job @Cogs And everyone who helped out at the last clean up.

I know this is "last minute" but is anyone going to North Fork to see tonight's meteor shower?
o_O Hmmm... Shooting Stars from a shooting range? Never thought of that! I'm pretty fare at shooting clay's close to the ground, but haven't honed my skill at stars.

I suppose you could say I was today years old when I realized how Shooting Star got it's name! :D

Let us know if you went and if anyone else was there!

Bill

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top