JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey fellas,

Taking a day off work next week to take my oldest up to shoot for the first time. How early do I need to be there on a Tuesday or Wednesday to make sure we get Lane 3 or 4?

If I'm going on the weekend, I'm usually there setting up just after dawn, but hoping we can get a lane if we're there at 8am. I know it can vary a lot, but I'll take any insights ya got.

Ty

Hey fellas,

Taking a day off work next week to take my oldest up to shoot for the first time. How early do I need to be there on a Tuesday or Wednesday to make sure we get Lane 3 or 4?

If I'm going on the weekend, I'm usually there setting up just after dawn, but hoping we can get a lane if we're there at 8am. I know it can vary a lot, but I'll take any insights ya got.

Ty
I have yet to do a weekday but have found on multiple occasions that it seems the people have about a 3-5 hour cycle.. so if sunrise is 6am i have found that around 10 am, 2pm 5pm seem to be where people leave and arrive.

I would guess weekdays are less busy, but if you just slide in next to someone @ 3 or 4 they will cycle out within a hour or 2..

Please Update on lanes conditions and if new sign placement has helped them not being destroyed if you dont mind..

Hey Everyone,
First post here. I ended up finding out about the range here on this forum and wanted to say thank you! This was first time up at north wolf and I really enjoyed it out there. I ended going out last Friday for my birthday on Friday. We were up there from about 2pm to about 5pm. Lanes 1,2,3 were taken by the time we got there. They looked super clean and really nice. We ended up taking lane 4. There was some trash there, but nothing to bad. We ended up joining up with some people from Brazil. It was really fun to shoot with them. We also met one of the good local brass collectors. From conversations with him it seemed like the local homeless that are up there collecting brass are sometimes causing issues with other people who are collecting up there.
While I was there I did go ahead and take more trash than what I came in with I had some extra trash bags. Thank you to who maintain this amazing range.

70925448457__744CFDC8-A027-4959-8153-CFE769CB2FBE.jpg

Hey Everyone,
First post here. I ended up finding out about the range here on this forum and wanted to say thank you! This was first time up at north wolf and I really enjoyed it out there. I ended going out last Friday for my birthday on Friday. We were up there from about 2pm to about 5pm. Lanes 1,2,3 were taken by the time we got there. They looked super clean and really nice. We ended up taking lane 4. There was some trash there, but nothing to bad. We ended up joining up with some people from Brazil. It was really fun to shoot with them. We also met one of the good local brass collectors. From conversations with him it seemed like the local homeless that are up there collecting brass are sometimes causing issues with other people who are collecting up there.
While I was there I did go ahead and take more trash than what I came in with I had some extra trash bags. Thank you to who maintain this amazing range.

View attachment 1443583
Thank you for your post and taking some trash out with you!!

check out www.trashnoland.org and @Cogs They organize the cleanups here in Oregon and Washington!!
Glad to have you!!

Hey fellas,

Ty
Summer months are the busiest, even on the weekdays. I always plan on getting there before or by sunrise during the weekdays to be sure to get either lane 3 or 4. Last time I got there just at sunrise and it was about 40 minutes before I saw anyone else, but it got busy quickly after that. I do like early in and early out for the drive on Hwy 26 as well.

Hey Everyone,

View attachment 1443583
Pro tip, get a moving blanket or two from harbor freight. So you don't have to rest guns on the Jersey barrier. A tarp to make brass retrieval easier is also nice. Only thing missing from my picture is a fire extinguisher and or water. Just in case!

IMG_2092.jpeg

Hey Everyone,

View attachment 1443583
Hey! Cool! :s0155:

Thank you to TNL for sponsoring the cleanups. I was coming home from the coast yesterday and stopped at Salmonberry road, only because it was first and no one was using the main pit when I rolled up. After getting out and setting up I had a few thoughts. First was "F€#¥ing shotgunners never pick up their shells and wadding up." Second was "Look at all this trash out here! If an urban liberal pulled over here and looked at this place, the argument that most gun owners are responsible law abiding people would no longer have any credibility when that person is asked to view proposed firearms regulation in a negative light."

As gun owners the places we shoot outdoors may be the only impression we get to make on people who aren't comfortable with firearms. We need to do better. I shot 60 rounds at one target I brought and left with a trash bag full of shotgun shells, car parts, metal paint cans with holes in them and other misc bs and that was only a drop in the bucket. I'm vowing to leave everywhere I shoot out doors in better condition than when I arrived, even if the improvement is so small it's not noticeable.

Pro tip, get a moving blanket or two from harbor freight. So you don't have to rest guns on the Jersey barrier. A tarp to make brass retrieval easier is also nice. Only thing missing from my picture is a fire extinguisher and or water. Just in case!

View attachment 1443728
I usually just open the bags I carry my long guns in flat and use them as barrier padding, but not a bad idea on-the-cheap-can-get-messed-up blankets, from Harbor Freight or where ever. 70% of the year the ground's wet, so the tarp seems like it'd create more work—rinsing off at home, etc.— than just making sure I pick up more casings than rounds I fired, but if I reloaded my tune might change.

I usually just open the bags I carry my long guns in flat and use them as barrier padding, but not a bad idea on-the-cheap-can-get-messed-up blankets, from Harbor Freight or where ever. 70% of the year the ground's wet, so the tarp seems like it'd create more work—rinsing off at home, etc.— than just making sure I pick up more casings than rounds I fired, but if I reloaded my tune might change.
I'm a hand loader so I always pick up my brass. But I'm not sure it matters? I get the idea that there are always brass scroungers up there. Our range box also includes a couple of those magnets from Harbor Freight. We shoot at a different range but always pick up steel and shotgun hulls. Hull go in the garbage and steel cases in the blue bin.

Went up this morning to shoot a bit. All the lanes looked to be in pretty good shape. I usually leave with at least 1 bag of trash but I wasn't able to do that today.

View attachment 1443728
Great tip! Old blankets and some tarps make for an easy cleanup and no damage to your firearms.

060119 03.jpg 061418 02.jpg 091816 07.jpg

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top