JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Couldn't resist viewing & posting a couple pics.

Lane 4
5-20-23 Kiosk Lane 4_1.jpg 5-20-23 Kiosk Lane 4_2.jpg 5-20-23 Kiosk Lane 4_3.jpg

Lane 3
5-20-23 Kiosk Lane 3_1.jpg

And, just for the hell of it, my 'Joe Link' gun. I call him my @Joe Link gun because of the Lower. Thanks you guys who built that for me! My favorite 'Truck Gun'! Goes with me all the time.
Cogs Joe Link Gun.jpg

Usually i don't posts i just read. I am a lurker. I wait until the weekend to read the posts. I have to be honest I stopped reading when i read a post about regular people locking the gates up at 30 after sunset and 30 before, to keep the vagrants out.. im sorry that will not fly with me. I arrive there super early when i go shooting and if i get there and the gate is locked and the website says it should be open im going to cut the lock. Not the chain , the lock. I say this because i drive a significant amount of time to get there. and its super late/early in the morning. It takes time to set up your targets if you have many steel targets. and if some regular Civi's like me are going to play law officer and lock up the shooting range their going to loose a lock.

very sadface.
be prepared to loose a lock. this is the first weekend i have had in a month to go train. its public land mah dude
Well, sorry 'bout that, 8LP8. If you read posts on the weekends, you would have seen, from a couple months back and the regular comments since, that today was the day, so you shouldn't have pick Wolf Creek to practice at today, knowing it would be closed.

As for the long drive up there, I got you beat, man! I drive from Clark County WA! So when we have an event I, and others, plan to camp at or nearby the event site. But with the recent reports of bad activity at dispersed camp sites, we're best to camp behind a closed gate if can. If I were to leave my house and get the event setup and ready for the volunteers to arrive, I'd have to leave my place by 4:30 OR 5 AM. Then is hustle and go go go to get things setup. Then hustle more to keep the event running smooth. That's a lot of work and effort just to volunteer to help save a good place to shoot.

I was kind enough to allow everyone to complete their shooting well after the cutoff time and opened it close to sunrise. Still, however, there was to be no shooting there until 1 pm due to the cleanup crews arriving at various times. Law enforcement and ODF forest officials back us up, for our safety, because we are a nonprofit and work closely with them.

But yeah, I get ya. And I know your frustration. There were several other people who were disappointed too (it's not easy trying to reach everyone about temporary closures). But you're right, just a regular 'Joe-Blow' should not lock anyone out at any hours just because they want to secure a lane.

Next time we do a cleanup up there, or other locations, you should join us and get a feel for who we are and why we want to preserve our good places to shoot.

No hard feelings. My lock is still in tact. :)

Bill

Great effort and results. Place looked really nice when we drove out. Wish we could have got that car body and parts on the way up to the lanes. Never made it to lane 4 but lane 3's sign looked really good. Hope they last. Made it home about 3:15. Think I am going to rest tomorrow. Thank you @rhollister71 for cooking and @drewp for bringing the trailer.
Great to see everyone else.

If you happen to show up during a cleanup, join in. You'll get to meet some great people, a meal, and some of those nice people will even let you shoot their cool guns that you might not otherwise have a chance to shoot.

Left at 4, home at 6. Gee I hate Portland traffic!
Just think Bill, of all the people that see the badging on your truck and trailer as you crawl through potland traffic! FREE advertising for Trash No Land! ;) It was fun to be on another clean-up with the other members. It's been quite awhile. Thanks for the opportunity to join in with great people from NWFA!

With all the busy runnin around and doing stuff, I didn't take many pictures of before and after, hardly any of the people involved, and didn't get a pic of the dump trailer.

So, post up some pics if you would!

Just think Bill, of all the people that see the badging on your truck and trailer as you crawl through potland traffic! FREE advertising for Trash No Land! ;)
Ha! That thought runs through my mind every time I drive anywhere. I guess you're right, Portland traffic gives me more exposure for the time spent. That's a fair Return on Investment! Plus, more 'Anti-Gun' people get to see it and cringe! :eek:

Ha! That thought runs through my mind every time I drive anywhere. I guess you're right, Portland traffic gives me more exposure for the time spent. That's a fair Return on Investment! Plus, more 'Anti-Gun' people get to see it and cringe! :eek:
Yeah, but it harms MY soul. I don't drive at certain times of the day in this place for that reason.

Usually i don't posts i just read. I am a lurker. I wait until the weekend to read the posts. I have to be honest I stopped reading when i read a post about regular people locking the gates up at 30 after sunset and 30 before, to keep the vagrants out.. im sorry that will not fly with me. I arrive there super early when i go shooting and if i get there and the gate is locked and the website says it should be open im going to cut the lock. Not the chain , the lock. I say this because i drive a significant amount of time to get there. and its super late/early in the morning. It takes time to set up your targets if you have many steel targets. and if some regular Civi's like me are going to play law officer and lock up the shooting range their going to loose a lock.

very sadface.

be prepared to loose a lock. this is the first weekend i have had in a month to go train. its public land mah dude
I seriously wonder why folks can't come to understand things.

You sir are THE problem.

Your attitude and honesty go to show how little the general recreational shooter really care about these lanes.

I wouldn't be surprised if you are the type to shoot up the signs and or deface other things because "you can" and it is "public".

You realize you can literally shoot anywhere else, but you chose to say these things, which only makes you come off as the worst type of shooter there lanes do not need.

These people and organizations are the reason these lanes, you so highly wish to use, even exist. Yet you're willing to threaten them because it inconveniences you.

Take a long look in a mirror bud.

You might BE the PROBLEM.

Of coarse these lanes are still open for you to use, and likely destroy, but I have hopes because of people like @Cogs continues to see past folks like you. His organization continues, besides the worst, to improve and work to maintain places to shoot on public lands.

I seriously wonder why folks can't come to understand things.

You sir are THE problem.

Your attitude and honesty go to show how little the general recreational shooter really care about these lanes.

I wouldn't be surprised if you are the type to shoot up the signs and or deface other things because "you can" and it is "public".

You realize you can literally shoot anywhere else, but you chose to say these things, which only makes you come off as the worst type of shooter there lanes do not need.

These people and organizations are the reason these lanes, you so highly wish to use, even exist. Yet you're willing to threaten them because it inconveniences you.

Take a long look in a mirror bud.

You might BE the PROBLEM.

Of coarse these lanes are still open for you to use, and likely destroy, but I have hopes because of people like @Cogs continues to see past folks like you. His organization continues, besides the worst, to improve and work to maintain places to shoot on public lands.
100% Agree with you @Reno. Self entitlement is a growing problem these days. The selfishnes to threat property destruction just because your inconvenienced and not respect the gift that this group maintains so the rest of us can shoot is despicable. I agree that you @8LP8 Are the problem and have no idea what it takes to give you this place to shoot.

I hope you think of that next time your up there. Many people spent their day off like myself to keep this place clean and respectful. Many people spent money out of their own pockets to keep this open for you.

Instead of complaining you should of showed up and help clean the space you use. Instead if letting others clean up after you.

But as I said entitlement is a disease that has taken many as of late. I do feel really sorry for you.

Fun Fact for Oregon residents...

Among Oregon & Washington, Oregon State Dept of Forestry is the only public land agency that will help improve target shooting. Washington State Dept of Natural Resources will not. In addition, the Federal agencies in OR & WA, USFS & BLM, will not lift a finger to help.

ODF's efforts need our support to help maintain the good places and encourage others not to shoot in unsafe places. That even extends to helping them close the unsafe places when & if need be.

Wolf Creek Lanes was their first effort (and is now perhaps THE MOST POPULAR PLACE TO SHOOT ON PUBLIC LAND IN THE NORTHWEST!). Their second improvement is the one in the Santiam SF (which now is scheduled to reopen this Fall, dang-it!) They would do more if we would help maintain what we have.

While other agencies are quick to close down shooting places, ODF is more likely to try improvements to make places safer and more desirable to use, but they are hesitant to do so if all they see is trash and destruction but no stewardship. That's why I value volunteering my time for ODF, (even though I live in WA). It's a partnership we need to foster and grow.

You Oregonians are sure lucky to have ODF! I hope you treat it with respect and 'kid-gloves'.

Bill
There is certainly potential in Washington. Abundant local resources on public lands, many areas already being used by locals as "places to shoot". I hope the Washington DNR folks are paying attention, mindful that you had to cross the state line to partner with a different state's public agency to create this wonderful resource.

Well done one and all. When is the next one? If I can't show, maybe I'll donate some ammo for those that help with the clean up.
You should try to hook up with Craig and Tracy... @Rem700..300 is Craig's handle. They do a bunch of work closer to you than we are. Those two do a bunch of clean-up by themselves.

You should try to hook up with Craig and Tracy... @Rem700..300 is Craig's handle. They do a bunch of work closer to you than we are. Those two do a bunch of clean-up by themselves.
I'd like to, I met them at the last Rickreall show. Right now I've got to make hay while the sun shines as the saying goes. I do clean up where I shoot at, when I go shooting on the BLM but don't post about it. I figure it's just good stewardship and generally it's just a bag or two of trash. No big deal like what others do.

Well done one and all. When is the next one? If I can't show, maybe I'll donate some ammo for those that help with the clean up.
Hi Mike,

Next one is June 4th up in mid WA at Sultan Basin Rd. That's just a little drive for you! :rolleyes:

I'm not sure when the next one, nearer to you will be. Best way to hear about TNL's events is to subscribe to our blog. Then you'll get notified. I recently restored our mailing system so it's now working real well.

Hope to see you sometime this summer.

Bill

Hi Mike,

Next one is June 4th up in mid WA at Sultan Basin Rd. That's just a little drive for you! :rolleyes:

I'm not sure when the next one, nearer to you will be. Best way to hear about TNL's events is to subscribe to our blog. Then you'll get notified. I recently restored our mailing system so it's now working real well.

Hope to see you sometime this summer.

Bill
Hi Bill, have you looked into partnering up with Oregon Hunters Association? I know they do cleanups and other projects for the greater good as well.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top