JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Was just at lane 1 over the weekend. Got some much needed shooting in before my work qualification. Brought a 55 gallon trash bag and filled it. There was still quite a bit of little pieces of trash around but looked noticeably nicer after the light housekeeping.

Thanks for joining me today at the lanes, @Cosimel ! I really appreciate your help in learning the new camera & mic gear. Also thanks for the advise on what equipment to consider.

I hadn't even turned on the power to either units till Steve looked them over and gave an overview of each (Canon AX40 camcorder and the Zoom H6 Black audio recorder). Then we got some footage to experience. I'll probably post some of that later, but for now I'm reviewing what we have and getting a good idea of what this equipment is capable of. I should be able to put together a couple short stories of what we experienced.

Freakin nice day today! All lanes were full and multiple cars driving up and down all day looking for an empty lane. When I left, I drove up to No Fo road and every spot had shooters at them (several are not good places to shoot). I found the abandoned car at the end of the No Fo road. Wow, that thing was stripped down to nothing! Of course, the VIN plate was removed from the dash location. It's now a convertible with no engine, no wheels and a pool of water in the trunk. I take it to be an electric convertible car that flies and has a jaccuzi in the back! Dang. I want one!!!

All lanes are trashed real bad! Lots of work needed to get this place back in shape! I can't wait till we get a major group cleanup & repair scheduled. I'll keep you posted. Till then, do what you can and clean up what you can. I noticed a big trash accumulation at lane 1 when I arrived at 8:30 this morning, but when I left at 1:30, it was fairly cleaned up. The folks who were shooting there had done what's right and cleaned up more than they brought. Good on them!

Met lots of good folks who were shooting legal targets and recreating in a safe manor. Good to see! It's just too bad that several people don't bother to help keep it open by cleaning up after themselves.

Major cleanup and repairs coming this spring!!! Stay tuned!
Bill

We haven't picked a time yet, but will soon. If anyone wants to do it, just shout a date and people will come. Even a 1 lane cleanup would be great.

I'm still working on ODF for getting the lumber we need for kiosk repairs and the new lane signage approval. Once we get all that set up and printed, we'll do a full cleanup where we close the lanes, repair damaged signs, clean all, BBQ and group shoot.

Until then, I hope we can get a few smaller ones done.
Will have to bring the nvg's out to the next shoot

Got there around 630am and all the lanes were taken except lane 1. It was trashed. Very upsetting as it doesn't take much to pick after yourself. My son and I tried to get as much as we could. But there was a couple waiting and didn't wanna make them wait to long 20220305_062916.jpg 20220305_062911.jpg

Got there around 630am and all the lanes were taken except lane 1. It was trashed. Very upsetting as it doesn't take much to pick after yourself. My son and I tried to get as much as we could. But there was a couple waiting and didn't wanna make them wait to long View attachment 1146415View attachment 1146416
That's full on depressing man! Everybody has recycling! Take the damn tin cans home with you. What a bunch of pigs! And I'm beginning to think they all are. Pigs. I would think if you were using a shot gun and pick up your hulls, that you pick up the ones left there before you.

Many thanks for picking up what you could. :s0155:

I'm thinking of Mid to end May for the major cleanup and repairs at the lanes. (Meanwhile, keep up on the trash as much as you can). That should give us plenty of time to order the printing of the new lane map signs and have the lumber ready for the repairs. We'll get all 4 lanes clean, replace the damaged wood on lanes 3 & 4, paint over the graffiti on 3 & 4 (with the same pattern we have now), and hang the new signage.

Trash No Land will provide bags, lunch, some fun free raffle prizes and the new signage for each lane. ODF will supply the lumber and engrave the lane name on sign 4. I'm also asking ODF to provide disposal of the trash.

Also, ODF is about to install a sign at the bottom of the spur road to the lanes. They'll mount it on the gate post. Finally!!!

Here are the final lane map signs, if ODF is okay with this latest design. I tried to keep them all consistent and uniform looking.

Let me know what you think and if you see any problems...

Lane 1 JPEG 1200.jpg Lane 2 JPEG 1200.jpg Lane 3 JPEG 1200.jpg Lane 4 JPEG 1200.jpg

Bill

I'm thinking of Mid to end May for the major cleanup and repairs at the lanes. (Meanwhile, keep up on the trash as much as you can). That should give us plenty of time to order the printing of the new lane map signs and have the lumber ready for the repairs. We'll get all 4 lanes clean, replace the damaged wood on lanes 3 & 4, paint over the graffiti on 3 & 4 (with the same pattern we have now), and hang the new signage.

Trash No Land will provide bags, lunch, some fun free raffle prizes and the new signage for each lane. ODF will supply the lumber and engrave the lane name on sign 4. I'm also asking ODF to provide disposal of the trash.

Also, ODF is about to install a sign at the bottom of the spur road to the lanes. They'll mount it on the gate post. Finally!!!

Here are the final lane map signs, if ODF is okay with this latest design. I tried to keep them all consistent and uniform looking.

Let me know what you think and if you see any problems...

View attachment 1146859 View attachment 1146860 View attachment 1146861 View attachment 1146863

Bill
Make it mid may or earlier. End of the month I leave for a couple months of training

I'll make it bold like the others. Missed that. Thanks.
It might not hurt to put the foot measurement on those signs. If you know it off hand? People are always asking "How many feet
yards?" If it's on the sign they can point at the target, they took with them, and say " That was at 50'-80 yards"

It might not hurt to put the foot measurement on those signs. If you know it off hand? People are always asking "How many feet
yards?" If it's on the sign they can point at the target, they took with them, and say " That was at 50'-80 yards"
They can also use their smart phone to calculate feet from yards or meters. Besides, not enough room on the sign to all in all the variables. Plus, it's pretty wordy as it is!

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top