JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I called ODF, Randy, and left a message. I don't think we should try to haul it out of there until we hear if it's okay to do so. They may want to run a check on stolen vehicles before we touch it.
I fear it's just a matter of time before someone decides to make it a target, and then you know other's will follow. That would not be an idea we'd like to see become 'a thing', people stealing vehicles just for the purpose of taking them into the woods for target practice.

I asked if ODF needs help hauling it out, and Randy said they may need some help. He'll get back to me after the inspection today.

If so, do we have a car hauler option?

Hey Bill, my coworker has a flatbed car trailer that I might be able to borrow to move it. Problem with taking it to a scrap yard would be no title so most scrap yards won't touch it. But just moving it down the road should be no problem

Hey Bill, my coworker has a flatbed car trailer that I might be able to borrow to move it. Problem with taking it to a scrap yard would be no title so most scrap yards won't touch it. But just moving it down the road should be no problem
Cool. Keep that thought in mind while we wait for ODF to let us know if they need help to remove it.

Yeah, scrap would be best. We'll see what develops.

Thanks!

Cool. Keep that thought in mind while we wait for ODF to let us know if they need help to remove it.

Yeah, scrap would be best. We'll see what develops.

Thanks!
If indeed this car was stolen, and if the owner had full comprehensive insurance on it, then most likely they've already compensated the owner which means technically the insurance company owns it, or they would probably be responsible for covering the recovery for the owner, either way, I would suspect they'd waste little time hauling it out of there themselves.

I'm working on all new signage for all 4 lanes. Here's an idea up for discussion... The Lane Maps.

I always pictured it to be like a golf coarse hole map. So, I finally got around to designing something like that (pics below).

The original maps, we have now, were designed and printed by ODF. I've always thought they were too busy with too much descriptive wording. The No Shooting boundary's were kind of confusing and don't really stand out. The lane distance is hard to find. Overall, it takes a while to look at and understand the messaging.

Here's what they currently look like...

Original Lane Map Sign.jpg

The new idea is more visual and people should get the info at a glance. Yardage is clear and easy to find (Meters included). The primary rules are presented short and sweet. QR codes lead to Trash No Land home page and ODF Tillamook Blog Target Shooting Page...

Of course, ODF will have the final word, but until then I'd like to get some input from those who use the lanes.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Yea or Nay?

Bill

Wow, great!

I do like the distance featured in the title banner, though I was certainly trying to look for it on the graphic itself.

You've got one small typo in the "No Exlplosives" part.

The only nitpick I have is, at first, the vegetation borders seem quite busy. After I started zoning that part out it is quite clear.

Thanks for drawing these up!

Wow, great!

I do like the distance featured in the title banner, though I was certainly trying to look for it on the graphic itself.

You've got one small typo in the "No Exlplosives" part.

The only nitpick I have is, at first, the vegetation borders seem quite busy. After I started zoning that part out it is quite clear.

Thanks for drawing these up!
Good catch on the spelling. I'll fix that.Yeah, the veggie boarder makes it a little Christmassy!

@Cogs those look great.

If I had any critique it would be to add the same no target red behind the second been on lane 3.

I'm working on all new signage for all 4 lanes. Here's an idea up for discussion... The Lane Maps.

I always pictured it to be like a golf coarse hole map. So, I finally got around to designing something like that (pics below).

The original maps, we have now, were designed and printed by ODF. I've always thought they were too busy with too much descriptive wording. The No Shooting boundary's were kind of confusing and don't really stand out. The lane distance is hard to find. Overall, it takes a while to look at and understand the messaging.

Here's what they currently look like...

The new idea is more visual and people should get the info at a glance. Yardage is clear and easy to find (Meters included). The primary rules are presented short and sweet. QR codes lead to Trash No Land home page and ODF Tillamook Blog Target Shooting Page...

Of course, ODF will have the final word, but until then I'd like to get some input from those who use the lanes.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Yea or Nay?

Bill
Instead of "No Explosive" perhaps "Prohibited Targets" and list the No glass, plastic, electronic; No Propane, No Tannerite....etc

Good thought. Yes, they do all fit under one category. Thanks!
If those were followed exactly you can only put your targets very near the berms. The original says "Place your targets anywhere in this area".

I've lost most my faith in mankind so I don't really expect things to change much up there no matter what kinds of signs you put up though. I need to get to a clean-up up there this year. Maybe that will help. ;)

Randy at ODF likes the sign idea much better than the ones we have right now. He had a few suggestions that I put in this version. I also included a the suggestions made in the comments above (like the greenery was too bright and distracted from quickly seeing the shooting lane, the spelling error and more).

We're now thinking of one wide sign that has most of the standard info on. It would be full width by 2/3 height, allowing for a couple other things below. This will not be signs printed on paper and laminated. They will be much more durable and won't fade and stain like the others.

Still some more work to do on this, but it's getting there. I'm getting ready for a cleanup and sign repair for this spring.

Kiosk Example 2 1000.png

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top