JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You know what? Some people can be real dickfaces.

IMG_0575.jpg

You know what? Some people can be real dickfaces.

View attachment 1046467
The signs at lanes 3 & 4 have been that way most of the summer. 1 & 2 have been okay but faded and needing replacing. I haven't been there for a couple months now but going up on Sat morning, so I'll look them all over.

Early this summer, ODF said they'd provide the materials to replace the damaged wood on the signs at 3 & 4. Last I heard, 2 months ago, they were delayed because of the busy fire season.

Later in the morning, I meet with Randy (ODF) tomorrow in Forest Grove and I'll ask him if they can get the ball rolling on providing the materials we need.

We'll need volunteers to replace the wood and tac up new signs. We'll also need someone to pick up the lumber at the Forest Grove office too.

Yeah, Teflon6, you got that right! "Some people can be real dickfaces".

Bill

The signs at lanes 3 & 4 have been that way most of the summer. 1 & 2 have been okay but faded and needing replacing. I haven't been there for a couple months now but going up on Sat morning, so I'll look them all over.

Early this summer, ODF said they'd provide the materials to replace the damaged wood on the signs at 3 & 4. Last I heard, 2 months ago, they were delayed because of the busy fire season.

Later in the morning, I meet with Randy (ODF) tomorrow in Forest Grove and I'll ask him if they can get the ball rolling on providing the materials we need.

We'll need volunteers to replace the wood and tac up new signs. We'll also need someone to pick up the lumber at the Forest Grove office too.

Yeah, Teflon6, you got that right! "Some people can be real dickfaces".

Bill
Not this weekend, but next I believe my brother is going up to Seattle for the weekend which should bring the madness around hear to a momentary stop at which point I would be available to help with sign reconstruction. I've really wanted to get up to the lanes since they open the area back up, but the universe had other plans :(

Do I need to bring any paint to touch up the jersey barriers? Last time, when I watered plants, there was some graffitti and I repainted with the same pattern we did before. I guess I should go prepared tomorrow.

I was up there this morning on Lane 2 and there was a small amount of shooting debris, but not too awful. Left too late to check out #3 and #4, but #1 might need a little help. I'll have some bags with me next week to grab what I can from where ever.

I was up there this morning on Lane 2 and there was a small amount of shooting debris, but not too awful. Left too late to check out #3 and #4, but #1 might need a little help. I'll have some bags with me next week to grab what I can from where ever.
Thanks, Arrow. I won't be able to pick up anything, (need the space in the truck for a gate I'm picking up in Forest Grove), but I'll give all lanes a good look-see. I could probably get a bag or two (they're always in the truck).

Thanks, Arrow. I won't be able to pick up anything, (need the space in the truck for a gate I'm picking up in Forest Grove), but I'll give all lanes a good look-see. I could probably get a bag or two (they're always in the truck).
I made it out to the lanes this afternoon. I spent a couple of hours at lane 2. The other lanes were occupied.

As you can see in the photos, the sign is in pretty good shape. The lane itself could use some attention. There is a bag or so of trash, and there are some ruts with standing water. Is a yard or two of fill dirt a possibility?

After policing my brass along with a similar amount of brass that was already there, I topped off my 2-gallon bucket with spent shotgun shells from previous shooters. I forgot to bring my trash bags,

Lane 2 Sign.jpg Lane 2.jpg Bucket.jpg

I made it out to the lanes this afternoon. I spent a couple of hours at lane 2. The other lanes were occupied.

As you can see in the photos, the sign is in pretty good shape. The lane itself could use some attention. There is a bag or so of trash, and there are some ruts with standing water. Is a yard or two of fill dirt a possibility?

After policing my brass along with a similar amount of brass that was already there, I topped off my 2-gallon bucket with spent shotgun shells from previous shooters. I forgot to bring my trash bags,

View attachment 1047023 View attachment 1047024 View attachment 1047025
This is how we save our places to shoot.

Thanks, @Jefsound !

Here's lane conditions as of Sat 10-9-21.

The signs at lanes 1 & 2 are fine, but needs new posters (they all need new posters). Lanes 1, 2 & 4 have targets on the hillside. The worst messes are at lanes 3 & 4.

Lane 1
SHOOT CONCRETE?!!! unbelievable!
10-8-21 Lane 1-1.jpg 10-8-21 Lane 1-2.jpg

10-8-21 Lane 1-3.jpg 10-8-21 Lane 1-4.jpg

Lane 3
Lane 4
For now, if some of you can clean up as much trash as you can, that would be great! I'll plan a work party for mid-to-end November where we'll plant the rest of the plants in the Safety area off lane 3, replace the damaged lumber at lanes 3 & 4, paint over the jersey barrier on lane 4 (I have that same paint), pressure wash clean the paint from the rocks at lane 4, and clean up as best we can. I'll make sure ODF has the lumber ready by then and I'll buy the plants prior to the event. We still have about $400 remaining from our spring plant fundraiser, so that should cover about 40-50 shrubs.

Till then, pack some trash bags and do what you can!

Thanks!
Bill

Last Edited:
What kind of brain damaged stooge does it take to shoot at a concrete barrier? Hopefully one of them get fragments in the face to show what an idiot the person is.
sheesh...

As for the condition of the plants, at the Safety Project off lane 3, some was not good and others doing well.

Someone did some shotgun shooting there and left about 50 red 12ga hulls and 20 white 12ga hulls. They also left a mess of broken clays. I cleaned it all up so others won't see that someone had been shooting there and think it must be okay.

They must have felt an overwhelming sense of testosterone flow proudness when they saw that tree fall over! That takes a REAL MAN to knock one of those over! Sheesh!

The harsh weather took it's toll on some, but overall I think the majority survived! I'll buy 40-50 new ones in November and we'll get those in the ground. This time, mostly shrubs (with thorns!) and plant them so they fill in the front space. I'll try to get some larger ones this go round. As they grow old and thick, they'll block the tree trunks so people won't think about putting targets on trunks (hopefully!).

Last Edited:
Here's lane conditions as of Sat 10-9-21.

The signs at lanes 1 & 2 are fine, but needs new posters (they all need new posters). Lanes 1, 2 & 4 have targets on the hillside. The worst messes are at lanes 3 & 4.

Lane 1

Lane 3
Lane 4
For now, if some of you can clean up as much trash as you can, that would be great! I'll plan a work party for mid-to-end November where we'll plant the rest of the plants in the Safety area off lane 3, replace the damaged lumber at lanes 3 & 4, paint over the jersey barrier on lane 4 (I have that same paint), pressure wash clean the paint from the rocks at lane 4, and clean up as best we can. I'll make sure ODF has the lumber ready by then and I'll buy the plants prior to the event. We still have about $400 remaining from our spring plant fundraiser, so that should cover about 40-50 shrubs.

Till then, pack some trash bags and do what you can!

Thanks!
Bill
Seriously? And they call marines crayon eaters? At least we are smart enough not to do dumb stuff likes that.

What kind of brain damaged stooge does it take to shoot at a concrete barrier? Hopefully one of them get fragments in the face to show what an idiot the person is.
sheesh...
Ehh, I've seen some stuff.

One clean up a gentleman went and got a nice large rock. He proceeded to place his paper target on it at roughly 15 feet, he had mostly rifles to shoot. We were all still setting up targets at the time so I approached him and kindly asked him not to use the rock to hold up his target. He proceeded to get irate, and said I was a hypocrite as many steel targets were set up. I did eventually talk him out of using the rather large rock as a rest for his target. I didn't do a lot of shooting that clean up.

An unfortunate side affect of the second amendment is that idiots can purchase guns.

Well the forum is doing that thing again where it doesn't tell me there are updates :(

Is there a cleanup still on for this month?

Well the forum is doing that thing again where it doesn't tell me there are updates :(

Is there a cleanup still on for this month?
Right now the only thing that I'm aware of is that @Cogs, his neighbor George, and I are picking up a dozen or so trees and planting them across from lane 3 Saturday. Probably be done by noon, 1pm. We are not asking for help, but if you just happen to be up there tomorrow late morning, stop by. Otherwise, @Cogs and I are dealing with family dynamics that are time consuming and unpredictable, as a result we'll probably not be spearheading a clean up effort in November, maybe not even in December, these things are . . . unpredictable. But that doesn't mean a clean up can't be done, somebody pick a date and ask for volunteers, it always seems to work out well.

Understood. Family comes first, everything from the 'simple' stuff like kids being, well, kids and the associated diseases they harbour, up to the horrible stuff from medical to the horrible stuff that happens as we get older.

If i wasn't already trying to get time out this weekend, i'd try and get there to lend a hand, but the short deadline just makes this one a bad idea for me to even attempt, sorry :(

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top