JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hmmm... sounds interesting. Can that trailer dump over those boulders at the corner parking area?

What about Friday the 16th? We'll have the tractor with a bucket there on the 17th, so just dump it in front of the boulders if can't dump behind?
I might be rat hunting in SE oregon that weekend

the dump trailer isnt very tall so getting over the boulders wouldnt happen. I also have a non dumping 5x8 utility trailer that you could borrow anytime

I went on another shopping spree today and picked up some more plants. Now we should have plenty to create a nice area that discourages shooting in the day use/picnic area off the corner of lane 3. The first place was Sauvie Island Natives nursery and today was Echo Native Nursery in Oregon City. We have $900 worth of plants!

Plants 1.jpg

We have 17 Western Red Cedar (3 of those are 6 ft tall and others at 1-3 ft tall), 9 Vine Maple, 15 Swordferns, and 3, 6 ft Douglas Fir trees. In addition, we'll have about 150 bare root seedling Doug Fir, from ODF. All of these plants are in various sizes, but most seem rather small. (These are all ODF approved native plants that are common to the McGregor Basin area).

Plants 3.jpg

I also bought some 'Caution' tape that we'll put up around the planted area. That will give an obvious block to entering the space. I'm designing some laminated signs to describe the project and we'll staple them to the sticks at the caution tape (to remove the tape and signs after the fall planting).

We have a tractor donated with operator! Scott Duthie be the man!!! We will cover the cost of a U-Haul truck and trailer rental, but he will provide the tractor with multiple attachments (it has the bucket in front and a backhoe on the other end). This saves us a good $300 bill. He is going to do the digging for us on the 17th. Some of us will camp out that Saturday night and be ready for volunteers on the 18th (you're welcome to join the camp out, but bring a dinner to BBQ and a drink to drink!). We will cover his fuel costs and spiff him to a free 1 year subscription to onXHunt map app. I'll probably do another special gift to him, but haven't decided what that will be yet. Any ideas?

Prepare for a group shoot. I'm sure we'll have a solid afternoon of shooting on Sunday. And, as I promised, I'll provide a hot lunch.

The primary thing left to do is to get some wood chips delivered. We can drop them off behind the boulders at the parking area of lane 3 anytime on or before the 18th. This is an important part of the success of this project because when it rains on Wolf Creek Rd, the chips will help retain the moisture needed to feed the plants... And we need that for this summer!

Thanks to everyone who contributed so far and to those who chip in soon. We're doing this on our own dime and it reflects well on gun owners who recreate on public lands.

Bill

I went on another shopping spree today and picked up some more plants. Now we should have plenty to create a nice area that discourages shooting in the day use/picnic area off the corner of lane 3. The first place was Sauvie Island Natives nursery and today was Echo Native Nursery in Oregon City. We have $900 worth of plants!

View attachment 849953

We have 17 Western Red Cedar (3 of those are 6 ft tall and others at 1-3 ft tall), 9 Vine Maple, 15 Swordferns, and 3, 6 ft Douglas Fir trees. In addition, we'll have about 150 bare root seedling Doug Fir, from ODF. All of these plants are in various sizes, but most seem rather small. (These are all ODF approved native plants that are common to the McGregor Basin area).

View attachment 849952

I also bought some 'Caution' tape that we'll put up around the planted area. That will give an obvious block to entering the space. I'm designing some laminated signs to describe the project and we'll staple them to the sticks at the caution tape (to remove the tape and signs after the fall planting).

We have a tractor donated with operator! Scott Duthie be the man!!! We will cover the cost of a U-Haul truck and trailer rental, but he will provide the tractor with multiple attachments (it has the bucket in front and a backhoe on the other end). This saves us a good $300 bill. He is going to do the digging for us on the 17th. Some of us will camp out that Saturday night and be ready for volunteers on the 18th (you're welcome to join the camp out, but bring a dinner to BBQ and a drink to drink!). We will cover his fuel costs and spiff him to a free 1 year subscription to onXHunt map app. I'll probably do another special gift to him, but haven't decided what that will be yet. Any ideas?

Prepare for a group shoot. I'm sure we'll have a solid afternoon of shooting on Sunday. And, as I promised, I'll provide a hot lunch.

The primary thing left to do is to get some wood chips delivered. We can drop them off behind the boulders at the parking area of lane 3 anytime on or before the 18th. This is an important part of the success of this project because when it rains on Wolf Creek Rd, the chips will help retain the moisture needed to feed the plants... And we need that for this summer!

Thanks to everyone who contributed so far and to those who chip in soon. We're doing this on our own dime and it reflects well on gun owners who recreate on public lands.

Bill
I left out 15 Salmonberry plants, about a foot tall.

Quick thank you goes out to Aleksey S, who donated $200 to the Public Safety Project today! If you're a member here on NWFA, THANK YOU! Total on that project is now up to $1715!

do they do chip drops out in forest grove

I'll go out on a limb and say, where ever tree guys work you should be able to get chips. You might call some local tree services. These guys would certainly prefer to dump their chips without paying a dump fee.

I see @SrMachoSolo clicked on the 'Going' button (on the Event thread). Thank you! See you then!

I got another donation from Calvin Smith, again! Gee, that guy already donated $50 to the Public Safety Planting project, and he donated 2 shooting benches to help raise $400 in funds for that project! Now, he helps the cleanup with another $50! What a great supporter of public land shooting! Nice!

So, the cleanup funds are at $375 right now. Min we need is $472, so we're almost there! We won't do the Graffiti Blok covering this time, because we'll be $300 short, but hopefully will do it soon!

Otherwise, all supplies and materials needed for the cleanup are bought and paid for! The last bit of funds will cover the disposal.

Thanks all!

Bill

Note to @6Corsa6 , check your email! If not in your Inbox, check the Spam box. Or, see the info at the TNL Blog! Congrats!

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews