JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Cleanup at Wolf Creek Lanes April 3rd

The mess is not acceptable! The graffiti is an eye sore! The broken sign adds to a run down look!

We're putting it all back to great condition once again on Saturday, April 3rd, 2021. Come join us if you can!

We are all sharing in the work and cost of this project (we are not asking the forest agency to assist with disposal or equipment. This is all grass roots user provided.)

The pics are from yesterday, Sat 3-20. I arrived about 1:15 PM and 1 person was shooting at lane 2, 3 people were shooting at lane 4. Yep, Lanes 1 & 3 were empty! Stayed that way for about 45 mins until a group showed up to shoot at lane 3. I was amazed! Where was everyone?!!!

Hey Bill, I'm going to be driving back home from Burns that day but I put $20 in the General Fund to help with that chunk of wood.
Thanks Steve! (Pay no attention to who that email is addressed to! I plugged in the wrong name!). Your help is very much appreciated! See you on the next one! Safe travels!

we are starting a road trip that day...maybe I can convince the wife to stop at the clean up.
I wont be able to assist with a trash trailer or anything that weekend though

I saw the trash no land truck yesterday while i was out there. me and my buddies were shooting about a mile past the lanes at a different spot, we packed out 3 trash bags full of soda bottles and other trash , broken clays, brass and empty shot gun shells. all the brass we collected was left at the spot in a box for someone to pick up.

Cleanup at Wolf Creek Lanes April 3rd

The mess is not acceptable! The graffiti is an eye sore! The broken sign adds to a run down look!

We're putting it all back to great condition once again on Saturday, April 3rd, 2021. Come join us if you can!

We are all sharing in the work and cost of this project (we are not asking the forest agency to assist with disposal or equipment. This is all grass roots user provided.)

The pics are from yesterday, Sat 3-20. I arrived about 1:15 PM and 1 person was shooting at lane 2, 3 people were shooting at lane 4. Yep, Lanes 1 & 3 were empty! Stayed that way for about 45 mins until a group showed up to shoot at lane 3. I was amazed! Where was everyone?!!!
Unfortunately I too won't be able to make it . . . . JUST KIDDING!!! I'm so there, let's get our clean-up on !!!!

Thanks to @arrowshooter , Shawn E & Jay T for donating to help with the cleanup costs! Together, we have $140 to work with so far. I haven't purchased the lumber, paint or trash bags yet but will do so before the 3rd.

For the sign repair, I'm planning to replace most all the boards but the uprights. That includes the 4x4 main plywood, the top cap 4x6 beam, the back 4 2x4's and the bottom horizontal plywood. (If you look on the backside of the sign, you will see all the holes currently covered by the signs in front).

Lane 4 Sign 4.jpg

As for the graffiti, I know that 2 cases of these cost $142 (I recently purchased a case of each (6 cans per case) for the Yacolt Burn SF Graffiti project). I love that tall one! Sprays out so fast and covers a big area in no time! That will be our top coat finished concrete look and if we need any shadowing, we'll use the charcoal color.

Paint Scheme.jpg

So, we're on our way to doing a really good deed for the lanes. Everyone will notice how nice it all is once again!

Here's an attempt to estimate the cleanup event:

$ 75 = 1ea 3/4 in. x 4 ft. x 8 ft. AB Marine Plywood (primary backing & bottom horizontal piece. W/1/4 sheet extra)
$ 27 = 1ea 4 in. x 6 in. x 8 ft. Pressure-Treated Landscape Timber (will have 1ea 4' left over for next one).
$ 44 = 4ea 2 in. x 4 in. x 8 ft. #2 Ground Contact Hem Fir Pressure-Treated Lumber
$100 = 6 turbo paint cans + 2 darker cans spray paint
$ 76 = 4 cases 42 Gal, 3mil Heavy Duty Contractor Clean-Up Bags
$150 = Disposal cost & fuel coverage for private vehicles transporting trash (rough est)
$472 = Total cost this project

If you can help with that, please do! Donate to the
Trash No Land General Fund. Thank you!

Bill & Steve (Cosimel)

If we wanted to finish off the jersey barriers once and for all, we should include a coating of Anti-Graffiti Blok! A 5 gallon container costs $300. Depends on if we get enough donations!

Graffiti Blok.jpg

Hi Bill and Steve. We will make it up. We will bring the trailer. I can bring a box of trash bags. Think there is 100 in the box. Large construction ones. Same ones we used at the Peak! We will donate a $20 also.

Can't make it on the 3rd, but made a general fund donation. Hope you reach your $ goal, so you can go above and beyond and buy some Anti-Graffiti Blok. Would be good to defeat the tagging halfwits, or at least slow them down.

I'm happy to sign up for a chip drop here in SE Portland.
Hi @marcus_atilius , did you sign up for the chip drop and did you get any more offers to pick up a load or two from you? My biggest concern for if you do it in SE Portland, would anyone actually come get it (to haul to Wolf Creek) or would you get stuck with it all?

I have obligations for the next 5 weekends, so I wouldn't be available. However, I could possibly come by Friday evening, April 2nd, and load up to haul when I go to the cleanup on the 3rd.

My original thought was to have someone on the West side, (Hillsboro, Banks, North Plains...), do a chip drop and have 3-4 volunteer pickup trucks haul loads on their way go shooting on or before April 18th.

Hi @marcus_atilius , did you sign up for the chip drop and did you get any more offers to pick up a load or two from you? My biggest concern for if you do it in SE Portland, would anyone actually come get it (to haul to Wolf Creek) or would you get stuck with it all?

I have obligations for the next 5 weekends, so I wouldn't be available. However, I could possibly come by Friday evening, April 2nd, and load up to haul when I go to the cleanup on the 3rd.

My original thought was to have someone on the West side, (Hillsboro, Banks, North Plains...), do a chip drop and have 3-4 volunteer pickup trucks haul loads on their way go shooting on or before April 18th.
I haven't signed up yet, no... I wanted to make sure there was gonna be someone available to come and pack some of it out first. You're absolutely right that it's a bit of a haul from my place to North Fork.

I'm still down to get one! If April 2nd works for you, I will make it happen.

I haven't signed up yet, no... I wanted to make sure there was gonna be someone available to come and pack some of it out first. You're absolutely right that it's a bit of a haul from my place to North Fork.

I'm still down to get one! If April 2nd works for you, I will make it happen.
Problem is, I'm only 1 truck and can make only 1 trip. You'd still be stuck with the balance, unless someone else can get a load or two.

can they do a chip drop into a trailer, I have a 7x14 dumping trailer that would be handy to haul the chips. shoveling it all in there would tough
Hmmm... sounds interesting. Can that trailer dump over those boulders at the corner parking area?

I could only do it Thursday or Friday
What about Friday the 16th? We'll have the tractor with a bucket there on the 17th, so just dump it in front of the boulders if can't dump behind?

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top