JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I vote for Poison Oak on the berm - that s#$t grows anywhere and I'm sure the a@$hats have no idea what it looks like - and it'd be a riot thinking of them scratching all over :) - jk...

it's really too bad just a few SFB folks ruin it for hundreds of decent people - but I guess that's the times we live in.

Steve, @cosimel, and I heard back from our ODF rep regarding the Public Safety Project planting idea of doing temporary Arborvitaes (that are free and currently on death row but will stay green for most of the summer when we tear them out and replant with the native plants in the fall), and he said they are not supporting the idea of planting Arborvitaes, even if they were to be removed. So, we're back to Plan A… plant native stock.

So, we'll do a layout of the planting, shop for best prices and sizes and get ready to do it. We'll pick out the most hearty plants that stand the best chance of survival and plan on replanting in the fall as needed. ODF is checking their stock for some plants they may have to contribute. We're thinking this first phase to be about the end of April.

We may have a small tractor with bucket and excavator hoe to be donated to the project. Once we firm that up, we'll let you know. That means more money will be available towards plants! We will still pay for the fuel used on his truck and tractor, and we'll need to rent a trailer, but it's about a $200-$300 savings! Real nice! I hope it pans out.

I'll be visiting a nursery or two soon, to pick out types, sizes and quantities. I'll let you know what I find. If anyone knows or hears of any potential plant donations, let us know and we'll follow through.

That progress goal bullet is up to $800 now, thanks to a donation from Russell Craft just now! It is really great to see the help coming in! It shows the agency that we can do our own projects because gun people are the best!

Bill

I have a 14 foot dumper trailer that can haul a tractor(has ramps) if you want to save some money on a trailer rental
..ill need timing info as its usually partially full of trash.
you can use it to move dirt or whatever around the project

So here's the plan, if we can raise $1500 by March 31st (half of goal), we can schedule Phase I of the Public Safety Project for the end of April

Phase I will be the excavation & digging with the tractor, plant the first go-round of the hardiest plants that stand the best chance of survival over the summer. At the least, plant most of it on the berm and back ledge that overlooks Wolf Creek Rd. Plant a few on the flat area if can. The flat area is to be tilled up and rough to walk on.

Phase II will be to remove any dead plants, replant as needed and do the final planting of the other varieties.

This will likely play out over one weekend with the excavation conducted on Saturday, and a volunteer 'planting party' for Sunday.

Considering the rate we've raised donations to date, I'm confident we'll be able to move forward as planned. For all those who've already donated, many, many thanks and we'll not hold it against to you if you like to repeat this good deed. I know I need to get my donation in this week, and we all need to get the word out whenever possible. I was at the Bi-Mart in Beaverton earlier this week and they have our brochure out and highly visible, the interest in the lanes is building.

Bill, there are some pretty big rocks as a barricade to the area in question. Make sure the tractor has the snoose to move them to gain access and place them back when done.
Roger that! I also have a 12k pound winch on my truck, so between the two of us, we should be able to make boulders move!

So here's the plan, if we can raise $1500 by March 31st (half of goal), we can schedule Phase I of the Public Safety Project for the end of April

Phase I will be the excavation & digging with the tractor, plant the first go-round of the hardiest plants that stand the best chance of survival over the summer. At the least, plant most of it on the berm and back ledge that overlooks Wolf Creek Rd. Plant a few on the flat area if can. The flat area is to be tilled up and rough to walk on.

Phase II will be to remove any dead plants, replant as needed and do the final planting of the other varieties.

This will likely play out over one weekend with the excavation conducted on Saturday, and a volunteer 'planting party' for Sunday.

Considering the rate we've raised donations to date, I'm confident we'll be able to move forward as planned. For all those who've already donated, many, many thanks and we'll not hold it against to you if you like to repeat this good deed. I know I need to get my donation in this week, and we all need to get the word out whenever possible. I was at the Bi-Mart in Beaverton earlier this week and they have our brochure out and highly visible, the interest in the lanes is building.
That should be a very feasible plan! We're already half way to the $1500 mark, so I think we can make it!

We could haul out a couple pickup bed loads of wood chips any time now. If anyone has a pile of branches chips they want gone, let us know. We can dump them just behind the boulders for now. If you have a lead on where we can get free chips, let us know!

That should be a very feasible plan! We're already half way to the $1500 mark, so I think we can make it!

We could haul out a couple pickup bed loads of wood chips any time now. If anyone has a pile of branches chips they want gone, let us know. We can dump them just behind the boulders for now. If you have a lead on where we can get free chips, let us know!
I'm happy to sign up for a chip drop here in SE Portland.

It's usually a fast turn around (within a couple weeks) and you get 2-3 pickup beds worth dropped onto your front lawn.

If somebody was willing to bring a pick up and do the work, we could get that into the bed of a few trucks within a couple hours.

ETA - this is a free service... You don't get to choose what you get, they just show up with whole chewed up tree. Seems perfect for what y'all are needing

It's usually a fast turn around (within a couple weeks) and you get 2-3 pickup beds worth dropped onto your front lawn.

If somebody was willing to bring a pick up and do the work, we could get that into the bed of a few trucks within a couple hours.

ETA - this is a free service... You don't get to choose what you get, they just show up with whole chewed up tree. Seems perfect for what y'all are needing
My brother and sister in law just used our drive for some tree rounds with this, works well, was a LOT to deal with though :(

IMG_20210303_181722.jpg

That's pretty cool, Marcus! Yes, just what we need! I could load my truck and go, but won't be available until March 27 or 28 (Sat or Sun).

I was out there on Friday. This may be old news, but the road up the hill was greatly improved since I was last out there. Thanks to whoever filled the holes!
ODF road crews did it. We bugged them enough, I think they got tired of hearing from us!

Local tree companies will deliver chips for free. After all, they have to pay by the yard at yard debris dumps. How you get them up the hill would be up to you I imagine. You'll notice in your travels huge piles of fresh green chips in front of peoples homes? You could get your crew to start calling different tree companies.

Local tree companies will deliver chips for free. After all, they have to pay by the yard at yard debris dumps. How you get them up the hill would be up to you I imagine. You'll notice in your travels huge piles of fresh green chips in front of peoples homes? You could get your crew to start calling different tree companies.
That's what this chip drop service is - you'll not get them to deposit where we ultimately need it, but if people sign up for it, it can then be collected by those of us willing/able to haul it up to North Fork.

That's what this chip drop service is - you'll not get them to deposit where we ultimately need it, but if people sign up for it, it can then be collected by those of us willing/able to haul it up to North Fork.

I guess I had a huge brain fart and skipped right over that.:oops:

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top